Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

stu666 02.26.2010 08:23 AM

Keeping It Simple 02.26.2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
don't worry. noone ever will.

can we not just ask chabib to ban him already?

i've suggested this before ...

Don't like the taste of your own medicine, eh? So you're going to run to the mod and grovel. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

ni'k 02.26.2010 08:30 AM

i am so beyond the point were you could ever annoy me. i know you aren't real, i know you are some sort of parody. if not then your personality is a parody that you have mistakenly taken on as real, and that's a horrifying thought, leaving only pity to stifle my revulsion.

i just want you banned so that you don't continually bring the mood down with your existance. your posts are like shit on the screen that merely needs to be wiped off but is still a nuissance.

atsonicpark 02.26.2010 08:32 AM

I do find it amusing how westernquinox was banned almost immediately every time he joined, even though at least a few people found him amusing.

Not a single person on the board likes Keeping It Simple, and yet...

ni'k 02.26.2010 08:33 AM

quinox is one of the best posters. at least what he did was funny. i was never the target of it but even if i was i hope i'd still be able to admit that it had comedy value.

Keeping It Simple 02.26.2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

i am so beyond the point were you could ever annoy me. i know you aren't real, i know you are some sort of parody. if not then your personality is a parody that you have mistakenly taken on as real, and that's a horrifying thought, leaving only pity to stifle my revulsion.

i just want you banned so that you don't continually bring the mood down with your existance. your posts are like shit on the screen that merely needs to be wiped off but is still a nuissance.

Have you always been this brazenly hypocritical?

Rob Instigator 02.26.2010 10:03 AM

Robert Rodriguez has several excellent movies.

Sin City top among them.
Spy Kids was GREAT. If I was 12 when that shit came out it would have been so cool
the first El Mariachi is still awesome. I watch it in spanish at least once a year

atsonicpark 02.26.2010 10:07 AM

I will agree that Spy Kids is his best film. Still doesn't mean he's better than 5000 starving indie directors at the top of my head that no one gives a fuck about.

Here's a good film:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CIWOUJ0I

ni'k 02.26.2010 10:11 AM

you know the way in cinemas your watching a reel of film and its all still pictures - there is a quote somewhere (maybe godard?) about how on tv you don't get this, and the real power of film lies in the the fact you are watching still images with a short imperceptible black gap between each one of them. this is apparently supposed to affect the brain differently.

i'm wondering - is there a some way to recreate this on a computer for example? some sort of software that would insert a black gap between individual frames of a video in such a way to recreate the true cinema experience.

atsonicpark 02.26.2010 10:16 AM

On movies that have already been made? I'm not sure. But if you're shooting footage, you could always put it into virtualdub, extract the frames into individual jpegs, go into windows movie maker, and paste whatever frames you want into it, and then choose the duration of the individual frames, and put a black space in between them. There's probably other ways to do this but that's probably the most interesting way.

phoenix 02.26.2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

you know the way in cinemas your watching a reel of film and its all still pictures - there is a quote somewhere (maybe godard?) about how on tv you don't get this, and the real power of film lies in the the fact you are watching still images with a short imperceptible black gap between each one of them. this is apparently supposed to affect the brain differently.

television is comprised of frames also? or are you talking about something else related to it?

ni'k 02.26.2010 10:33 AM

no no, television isn't - but films in the cinema are.

Rob Instigator 02.26.2010 10:38 AM

television is inded comprised of frames.

ni'k 02.26.2010 10:41 AM

oh ok - but the way it is transmitted makes it different and you loose the blank gaps, i assume so anyway.

ni'k 02.26.2010 10:41 AM

i remember vaguely it had something to do with alpha waves affecting the brain or something

Zombie Robot 02.26.2010 11:26 AM

wonderfully wicked.

floatingslowly 02.26.2010 11:37 AM

omg YOU!!!!!

atsonicpark 02.26.2010 12:02 PM

Everything's comprised of frames, n'ik was talking about how cinema runs at 24fps on a film projector. You're essentially looking at tons of pictures put together. On television, everything's been transferred to digital versions, and cleaned up, so it isn't the same.

TEETH rules.

Rob Instigator 02.26.2010 01:05 PM

TV is still frames. digital frames

Rob Instigator 02.26.2010 01:06 PM

the only thing continuous is real life