Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sonic Youth Dating (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28994)

uhler 01.21.2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
I rarely find girls I am genuinely interested in and I am quick to lose that interest.

same here.

uhler 01.21.2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
stop hatin on my state. there are a lot of places that suck a lot more than florida. It might not be the most hip and happenin place to live, but there are a lot of really great things about florida. Just look at the wildlife. I mean, we have marshlands, swamps, woods, ocean all around, islands, forests, rivers, springs (north florida springs are world renown for cave diving), and a ton of history. I think there is a city for any kind of person in florida. Ive lived in gainesville, miami, ft lauderdale, jacksonville, orlando, and st augustine. Plus a couple small towns (palatka and Live Oak). Although I agree that Florida isnt the coolest place, I just dont think it deserves to be put down so harshly. If you are stuck in florida because of whatever circumstances, make the most of it. I promise you, it is possible to find happiness here, if only fleeting.

gainesville is the only place i would live in florida anymore. actually, i would live in st. petersburg. orlando is the worst city that i have ever lived in.

hevusa 01.21.2009 10:20 PM

Florida is for vacations and for old people to die. Other than that it seems full of schmucks looking for cheap property rates and bad bad bad music.

No thanks!

cars_willkillyou 01.21.2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevusa
Florida is for vacations and for old people to die. Other than that it seems full of schmucks looking for cheap property rates and bad bad bad music.

No thanks!

florida is home to a lot of musicians. Some good, some bad, but there is a lot of diversity. They did something right enough to get noticed in Florida at least.

But I dont disagree with any of the other points. There's more to Florida then what you have listed, though not much.

uhler 01.21.2009 11:39 PM

discount was the best thing to come out of florida.

cars_willkillyou 01.22.2009 12:38 AM

what about tom petty, the allman bros, Hulk Hogan.

nsync

uhler 01.22.2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

what about tom petty, the allman bros, Hulk Hogan.

nsync

i prefer macho man's rap career.

DeadDiscoDildo 01.22.2009 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevusa

No thanks!

For Squirrels was a pretty good 90s band from florida.

terriblecanyons 01.22.2009 01:26 AM

All I think about when I think of Florida is the fact that Steal My Sunshine was filmed right here in good ol' Failtona Beach.

Sonic Youth 37 01.22.2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
All I think about when I think of Florida is the fact that Steal My Sunshine was filmed right here in good ol' Failtona Beach.

Yep.

terriblecanyons 01.22.2009 01:27 AM

It's depressing, isn't it?

Sonic Youth 37 01.22.2009 01:28 AM

If I lived there, probably. Since I don't and have only visited like 5 or 6 times, it is just slightly troubling.

✌➬ 01.22.2009 01:31 AM

I could never picture myself in Florida. Sorry, it seems like a deadless state.

DeadDiscoDildo 01.22.2009 01:31 AM

What's a deadless state?

Sonic Youth 37 01.22.2009 01:32 AM

Pennsylvania

✌➬ 01.22.2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
What's a deadless state?

Wait, I just woke up. I don't know what I was saying there.

DeadDiscoDildo 01.22.2009 01:50 AM

I was thinking hollywood baby, nevermind the cemetaries, u'll live forever!

or something

cars_willkillyou 01.23.2009 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
For Squirrels was a pretty good 90s band from florida.

i love them. Actually, I think a couple of the members now play in a band called the papercranes, fronted by Rain Phoenix. One of my good friends (who actually introduced me to For Squirrels) now plays guitar for that band.

here's some bands modern bands:
papercranes
hospitals on the moon
impossible shoelace
liquid limbs

they can all be found on myspace.

uhler 01.23.2009 04:04 AM

Quote:

i love them. Actually, I think a couple of the members now play in a band called the papercranes, fronted by Rain Phoenix. One of my good friends (who actually introduced me to For Squirrels) now plays guitar for that band.

here's some bands modern bands:
papercranes
hospitals on the moon
impossible shoelace
liquid limbs

they can all be found on myspace.

i didn't know new bands existed in florida.

top five favorite florida bands:
1. discount
2. reversal of man
3. twelve hour turn
4. hot water music (pre 2001)
5. this bike is a pipebomb

cars_willkillyou 01.23.2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhler
i didn't know new bands existed in florida.

top five favorite florida bands:
1. discount
2. reversal of man
3. twelve hour turn
4. hot water music (pre 2001)
5. this bike is a pipebomb

i had a cook out at my house in downtown gainesville, and my roommates at the time invited their friends. 2 of the members of hot water music showed up. I never really paid close enough attention to remember the names. I just felt dumb when I introduced myself and said they looked familiar.