Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Toilet & Bowels 05.06.2010 06:02 PM

Silent Running, 9/10, really enjoyed it

batreleaser 05.06.2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit

Guy is deranged.

batreleaser 05.06.2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
hunger.

whoa.

not only that, they actually made a movie in northern ireland that is -
A. Classic
B. Has actors that come from NI and don't suck. Very very rare accomplishment.

Michael Fassbender is about to BLOW THE FUCK UP in Hollywood, he's easily one of the best actors around. "Inglorious", "Hunger", "A Fish Tank" (absolutely chilling performance in that one), "Eden Lake", dude is the real deal.

amerikangod 05.06.2010 07:36 PM

'Donnie Brasco,' because I was kind of hungry for manicotti and I wanted to beat off to Johnny Depp in something where he wasn't a pirate.

atsonicpark 05.06.2010 07:58 PM

RUSH - 8/10

davenotdead 05.07.2010 01:50 AM

the american friend.

pretty good. definitely liked it but i can't give a rating right now

atsonicpark 05.07.2010 02:02 AM

hah, weird, i just watched that like 2 weeks ago. loved it!!

wim wenders is great, paris texas is a masterpiece.

kierkegaarden 05.07.2010 02:20 AM

Andrei Zvyagintsev's The Return---eh

Nuri Bilge Ceylan floored me with Climates and Distance...

I've rewatched most of Antonioni's films in the past month, even his later, exhausting documentaries.

davenotdead 05.07.2010 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

haha. seeing all the movies everyone on here watches... i often wonder if any 2 of us are watching the same thing at the same time

kierkegaarden 05.07.2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

speaking of wenders, i only recently realized "city of angels" was a remake

atsonicpark 05.07.2010 02:40 AM

ANTONIONI rules. IDENTIFICATION OF A WOMAN is one of my favorites by him, though it never gets mentioned. Red Desert is my favorite though..

atsonicpark 05.07.2010 02:41 AM

just watched rush.. 7/10. didn't know jennifer jason leigh was so hot:

kierkegaarden 05.07.2010 02:47 AM

Quote:

ANTONIONI rules. IDENTIFICATION OF A WOMAN is one of my favorites by him, though it never gets mentioned. Red Desert is my favorite though..

Milian just wasn't the best actor for the role, I suppose. But yes, it's a favorite of mine also.

"The Passenger"...

Oberwald also gets a bad rap, and Il Grido isn't as widely-received as it should be.

Seymour Chapman has a great book-length study of Antonioni, you should check it out.

atsonicpark 05.07.2010 03:23 AM

I think I will.

There is just a special atmosphere and tone in his films you can't get anywhere else. Only one I don't really get into is Zabriskie Point, but that has its moments.. just a bit of a mess.

Rob Instigator 05.07.2010 09:33 AM

8/10
I like to watch it every few years to relive the violence. The 80's Hong Kong cheese is evident but I still love it.

HARD BOILED will be coming via netflix soon!!!!

batreleaser 05.07.2010 01:30 PM

Iron Man 2

3/10

SUUUCKED. The scenes with Downey, Jr. and Paltrow could have ruined Citizen Kane, annoying as hell. Scarlett looked amazing but was pointless in the film. Don Cheadle was the worst. Sam Rockwell wasn't the actor you'd expect after watching "Moon". About 35 minutes too long. The plot was a mess. Just boring and annoying and dull.

Mickey was cool though. The best thing in the flick was his accent and breaking out of jail and blowing shit up and snapping a guy's neck.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.07.2010 01:38 PM

Yeah, it looked like shit. But then again, I never saw the first one.

Rob Instigator 05.07.2010 01:45 PM

The first one was very good. I enjoyed it and it made what was a dull comic book into a very entertaining adult superhero (not like spidey's baby-cry whinning pussy shit. fuck that comic sucked)

Iron man never had any good bad guys, any good archenemies. he was cool as part of the avengers but as a solo comic it was shit.

I will watch Iron man 2 when it hits the redbox for a $

Rob Instigator 05.07.2010 01:48 PM

Sam Rockwell is a bad-ass though. I guess blame th writing/directing?

He mad eme laugh so MUCH in Galaxy Quest

Jeremy 05.07.2010 01:49 PM

Saw Iron Man 2 (First showing), and though I have nitpicks here and there, overall I thought it was better than the first. (And I was pleasantly surprised by the first one)

So far I've read several reviews ask, "Where's the action at? Where's the fun?". There isn't a lot of "action" per se; It's about Stark's battles with his own demons as he comes to terms with being Iron Man.

An enjoyable film.

~Jeremy~