Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what are you wearing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=14705)

gmku 09.17.2008 05:28 PM

Yeh, man. Has its advantages, being a regular. The other day, the sales clerk recognized me from another time and told me to show her my recent receipt because the store just marked down a bunch of stuff, and she could make sure I got refunded the difference if I had purchased any of those things in the last 14 days. So I got out my receipt, and what do you know, I got 20 bucks back!

MellySingsDoom 09.17.2008 05:29 PM

Yay for gmku!

gmku 09.17.2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
gmku - you're a man of Banana Republic, I see (well, durrr). It seems you buy so much from them, that they should pay you back. Like you know, a modelling contract or summat.

BR has good stuff that's age appropriate without being frumpy. I think of it as sort of urban professional hip. And I find it fits me great right off the rack. Better than almost any other place.

And the quality is there without the stuff being way overpriced, in my opinion. I hunt the clearance and sales racks first, and only rarely pay full price for anything.

Everyneurotic 09.17.2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
FUCKING SKECHERS??!?!?!??!

first sparkly jeans and now THIS?

my sparkly jeans rule! they are actually dark grey so it's not like i'm auditioning for *nsync or anything.

and my sketchers, comfiest sneakers i own.

i just read about the denim; it's not the same tone of denim sister, it doesn't look like a uniform or like these guys:

Cantankerous 09.17.2008 05:44 PM

neither of those statements justify the fact that you are a man in sparkly pants and skechers. i don't care what fucking colour they are. this is 2008, not 1999.

gmku 09.17.2008 05:44 PM

Comfort isn't everything.

Everyneurotic 09.17.2008 05:46 PM

i guess words don't make justice to how good this looks.

gmku 09.17.2008 05:48 PM

I like the military style jackets some of the old dudes are wearing in that photo. Wonder where they got them.

The Keith Richards look-alike is especially stylin'.

MellySingsDoom 09.17.2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
my sparkly jeans rule! they are actually dark grey so it's not like i'm auditioning for *nsync or anything.

and my sketchers, comfiest sneakers i own.

i just read about the denim; it's not the same tone of denim sister, it doesn't look like a uniform or like these guys:

Everyneurotic's got Erection.

Everyneurotic 09.17.2008 05:50 PM

everytime i post on the sy board...errrrection.

oh oh oh!
i got erection.

Cantankerous 09.17.2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
i guess words don't make justice to how good this looks.

because it doesn't.

believe me. i know.

gmku 09.17.2008 06:49 PM

Dunno. Maybe he can pull it off.

Pics?

girlgun 09.17.2008 07:35 PM

gmku... a friend of mine got some shoes you'd love. what's that brand you were going on about not too long ago? these are are corduroy.. maybe that rings a bell? i liked them on my friend.

Everyneurotic 09.17.2008 07:57 PM

i don't have a camera, but probably i'll post pics sometime in the future.

gmku 09.17.2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlgun
gmku... a friend of mine got some shoes you'd love. what's that brand you were going on about not too long ago? these are are corduroy.. maybe that rings a bell? i liked them on my friend.

PF Flyers, perhaps? I like their design but I had to send them back because they didn't have enough support, and were a bit too casual for what I wanted. They do look nice though.

girlgun 09.17.2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
PF Flyers, perhaps? I like their design but I had to send them back because they didn't have enough support, and were a bit too casual for what I wanted. They do look nice though.

that doesn't sound right.

Pookie 09.18.2008 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Comfort isn't everything.

It is.

gmku 09.18.2008 08:01 AM

girlgun, my other favorite shoes are Clarks Desert Boots, original Topsiders, sometimes Borns. Any of those?

Or is it the Jack Purcell thing? That might be it. I love those shoes but they are very hard to find, at least in the styles and colors I want. I don't have any. Yet.

gmku 09.18.2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
It is.

It isn't for everybody. Okay?

atsonicpark 09.18.2008 08:03 AM

black bra and panties.

tight hip huggers.

a white tanktop with a low cut pink shirt underneath.

a blue cardigan over all of it.