Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

me. 05.11.2010 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yami utsu shinzô - 7/10

Interesting little film that is a remake of the same film from 20 years earlier, by the same director, with the same actors, with behind the scenes footage and all sorts of other nonsense, used to deconstruct the idea of remaking a film, and whatever. Interesting. I'd never watch it again though.

Have you seen the original film?,i remember thinking it blew me away,but it's been nearly fifteen years since i saw it,think i'll try and check it out again.

Last watched La Jetee

batreleaser 05.11.2010 11:25 PM

What should I fall asleep too? I just got out of a Spanish final and am thinking either "The Host" or season 2 of "Curb Your Enthusiasm".

davenotdead 05.12.2010 02:20 AM

really really good

acousticrock87 05.12.2010 02:46 AM

It was okay. I don't know how much of it was supposed to be funny, but I don't really care. Steve Martin was great, at least.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.12.2010 04:52 AM

atsonicpark 05.12.2010 05:03 AM

Yeah, private parts! I miss movies like that.

atsonicpark 05.12.2010 08:03 AM

Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D - 7/10

Great one!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0230575/

atsonicpark 05.12.2010 08:06 AM

I think, in a bit, I'll watch Cafeteria, or How Are You Going To Keep Her Down On the Farm After She's Seen Paris Twice, The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade, The Man with the Smallest Penis in Existence and the Electron Microscope Technician Who Loved Him, The Mysterious Yearning Secretive Sad Lonely Troubled Confused Loving Musical Gifted Intelligent Beautiful Tender Sensitive Haunted Passionate Talented Mr. Ripley, and my personal favorite:

Another Demonstration of the Cliff-Guibert Fire Horse Reel, Showing a Young Girl Coming from an Office, Detaching Hose, Running with It 60 Feet, and Playing a Stream, All Inside of 30 Seconds

Then I'm going to listen to Fionna Apple's When The Pawn Hits The Conflicts He Thinks Like A King What He Knows Throws The Blows When He Goes To The Fight And He’ll Win The Whole Thing ‘Fore He Enters The Ring There’s No Body To Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand And Remember That Depth Is The Greatest Of Heights And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where To Land And If You Fall It Won’t Matter, Cuz You’ll Know That You’re Right.

noisereductions 05.12.2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Then I'm going to listen to Fionna Apple's When The Pawn Hits The Conflicts He Thinks Like A King What He Knows Throws The Blows When He Goes To The Fight And He’ll Win The Whole Thing ‘Fore He Enters The Ring There’s No Body To Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand And Remember That Depth Is The Greatest Of Heights And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where To Land And If You Fall It Won’t Matter, Cuz You’ll Know That You’re Right.

this is one of the most perfect albums EVER recorded. Seriously. I adore it. I can't find any fault with it. LOVED it since the day it was released.

Rob Instigator 05.12.2010 09:23 AM

this is what she looks like when you get all Fiona up in her apple

noisereductions 05.12.2010 09:55 AM

I saw her live on the PAWN tour actually.

batreleaser 05.12.2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead

really really good

Michael Fassbender is an incredible actor.

ni'k 05.12.2010 10:21 AM

yeah everyone should watch that film.

Rob Instigator 05.12.2010 10:31 AM

why?

ni'k 05.12.2010 10:34 AM

its really good is all i mean

chicka 05.12.2010 11:10 AM

I've read a lot of mixed reviews and I must say I enjoyed it even though a lot of it was predictable. While it's certainly not his best it's not his worst either.

Match Point

Antagon 05.12.2010 12:37 PM

Which one should I watch first: Throne of Blood or The Hidden Fortress?

atsonicpark 05.12.2010 12:47 PM

Hidden Fortress

Antagon 05.12.2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Hidden Fortress

will do! thanks

Rob Instigator 05.12.2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
its really good is all i mean

I have never heard of it, that's why I asked.