Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

h8kurdt 08.19.2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
according to this what made him a bad manager was “being at everton” xD XD xD

https://www.balls.ie/football/rio-fe...man-utd-395095

oh he was last year at jamon west???

i thought you had a smoking croatian or something

was he terrible? moues i mean. (gonna guess yes)

No offence but Rio is talking a load of billy bear bullshit there.

!@#$%! 08.19.2018 07:54 AM

wait. moyes saved you from relegation...

!@#$%! 08.19.2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
No offence but Rio is talking a load of billy bear bullshit there.

offence to whom? you can call him names if you wanna. i dont care for rio lol

!@#$%! 08.19.2018 07:57 AM

so: moyes: good or awful?

h8kurdt 08.19.2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

wait. moyes saved you from relegation...

And got us into the champions league the very next year. Moyes has his faults. Lord knows I had ten years of watching him and getting frustrated as hell at times.

My problem with what Rio is saying there is firstly, the idea that cos Moyes was hands-on and didn't delegate was a fault. You won't get a more hands-on manager than Wenger. That guy oversees, sorry oversaw *sad tear* every single aspect of Arsenal. Be it transfers or whatever and look how much he won? Moyes didn't get that mindset by being an Everton manager. That's just how he managed.

The second point how Moyes was on the backfoot when playing other teams. Yeah, he did that. I'll never forgive him for saying before Everton played Man City back in 2011/12 or something that "It is a bit like going into a gun fight and we are only armed with a knife.". That negativity grated at times. However, this isn't cos he was an Everton manager. I honestly believe that's his mindset.

Is he a good manager? He saved Everton's ass so many times when we had no money and managed to get great performances from very average players. So yes he is a good manager and I'd argue with anyone who says he isn't. Don't forget it was Alex Ferguson who personally pushed for Moyes to follow him at Man Utd.

Would he be the right manager for USA. Not sure.

Rant over :D

demonrail666 08.19.2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

And got us into the champions league the very next year. Moyes has his faults. Lord knows I had ten years of watching him and getting frustrated as hell at times.

My problem with what Rio is saying there is firstly, the idea that cos Moyes was hands-on and didn't delegate was a fault. You won't get a more hands-on manager than Wenger. That guy oversees, sorry oversaw *sad tear* every single aspect of Arsenal. Be it transfers or whatever and look how much he won? Moyes didn't get that mindset by being an Everton manager. That's just how he managed.

The second point how Moyes was on the backfoot when playing other teams. Yeah, he did that. I'll never forgive him for saying before Everton played Man City back in 2011/12 or something that "It is a bit like going into a gun fight and we are only armed with a knife.". That negativity grated at times. However, this isn't cos he was an Everton manager. I honestly believe that's his mindset.

Is he a good manager? He saved Everton's ass so many times when we had no money and managed to get great performances from very average players. So yes he is a good manager and I'd argue with anyone who says he isn't. Don't forget it was Alex Ferguson who personally pushed for Moyes to follow him at Man Utd.

Would he be the right manager for USA. Not sure.

Rant over :D

This

!@#$%! 08.19.2018 08:21 AM

wtf this game started 630am my time

i turn it on and it’s the end of the first half and 3-1already

demonrail666 08.19.2018 08:23 AM

Haha. You've missed a 45 minute David Silva masterclass. He''l probably do nothing now you've started watching.

h8kurdt 08.19.2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

wtf this game started 630am my time

i turn it on and it’s the end of the first half and 3-1already

You up that early? ON A SUNDAY? Jeez man :D

h8kurdt 08.19.2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Haha. You've missed a 45 minute David Silva masterclass. He''l probably do nothing now you've started watching.

Haha then like clockwork Symbols will go "don't get the hype"

!@#$%! 08.19.2018 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666

GUARANTEED

Quote:

You up that early? ON A SUNDAY? Jeez man :D

ha ha ha i was up at 4 already but made an effort and clung to the sheets some more

!@#$%! 08.19.2018 08:37 AM

amazing! i looked at that free kick AND DIDNT JINX IT

h8kurdt 08.19.2018 08:38 AM

Pick that one out. Beautiful.

demonrail666 08.19.2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

amazing! i looked at that free kick AND DIDNT JINX IT

I was half expecting you to say you were busy making breakfast when that free kick went in

!@#$%! 08.19.2018 08:52 AM

he’s also great at kung-fu looks like

and he’s out.yep. called it. xD

demonrail666 08.19.2018 09:17 AM

Does having a defender like Mendy in your team qualify as an unfair advantage? Aguero and DSilva will get the headlines but Mendy's runs forward take the piss.

demonrail666 08.19.2018 10:28 AM

Brighton 2 up against MU already. Beautiful

!@#$%! 08.19.2018 10:29 AM

this was unexpected

(wrong uniform in this picture)

!@#$%! 08.19.2018 10:47 AM

3-1 and i dont understand what’s going on

i started watching this thing thinking “wow, pogba and lukaku ON THE SAME TEAM”

and now... what???

demonrail666 08.19.2018 10:52 AM

What I'd give to see Jose's half-time team talk.

The post match press-conference is gonna be a classic.