Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

gmku 10.14.2008 11:34 AM

Sometimes I feel just like James Bond after he's lost 10 million at poker and all he wants to do is knife Le Chiffre in the back and call it done. Today is one of those days. I've essentially been fired from a freelance gig because I asked my source to check my draft before I sent it to my editor. Bastards.

atsonicpark 10.14.2008 11:51 AM

fuck this board.

nicfit 10.14.2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
fuck this board.

:fuckyou::eek::fuckyou:

gmku 10.14.2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
fuck this board.

Fuck you too and the server you rode in on.

gmku 10.14.2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Sometimes I feel just like James Bond after he's lost 10 million at poker and all he wants to do is knife Le Chiffre in the back and call it done. Today is one of those days. I've essentially been fired from a freelance gig because I asked my source to check my draft before I sent it to my editor. Bastards.

But then after Bond's poisoned and nearly dies, he comes back and beats the bastard in the game. Hoo ah!

al shabbray 10.14.2008 12:01 PM

hope the flash card Ive bought is type II or I.

floatingslowly 10.14.2008 12:04 PM

Forty years ago today, on Oct. 14, 1968, Apollo 7 transmitted the first live broadcast from a manned U.S. spacecraft.

gmku 10.14.2008 12:04 PM

Check. All in. Six million.

gmku 10.14.2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
Forty years ago today, on Oct. 14, 1968, Apollo 7 transmitted the first live broadcast from a manned U.S. spacecraft.

Or so they say.

floatingslowly 10.14.2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Or so they say.

Capricorn One's footage was later reused in the TV shows The A-Team (in the episode "The Battle of Bel-Air") and in Airwolf (in the episodes "Bite of the Jackal", "Echoes from the Past" and "Santini's Millions"). Capricorn One stunt pilot David Jones later flew the Airwolf helicopter as one of the stunt pilots for the show, and the location of the OH-6 chase scene would also appear in the Airwolf pilot episode "Shadow of the Hawke".

the more you know....

atsonicpark 10.14.2008 12:14 PM

Seriously, fuck everything. I just had to go through 5 fucking hours of the stupidest bullshit in my life with nothing accomplished, going from lawyer to lawyer and making copies of copies of copies in order to try to withdrawl $800 that was left to me from my dead aunt's bank account in order to give my grandpa to pay for her funeral. And NOTHING was accomplished from it, I just kept getting the runaround.... Then, I had to go by some courts to evict some stupid bitch from this house I was left. She's already wasted 2 months of my life refusing to pay me rent and smoking meth with her methhead friends who are living in the house and the police don't give a fuck and won't arrest her because they already arrested her husband and he was the big dog making and selling the shit. My aunt never bothered kicking them out before. So, I have to deal with it. And she's already threatening my LIFE, she's telling people she's going to kill me and my mom for kicking her out of this house. I have this fear everyday that people are going to break into this house. She has all these scummy druggy friends. I have to go to court in 2 weeks, which she probably won't show up to, so I'll have to go back, which she probably won't show up to, then she'll "Definitely" have to show up the next time... then when she's ordered to pay me back rent and court fees, she'll disappear completely and I'll never get my money. At least I'll get the house, which she'll probably burn down or completely destroy by that time. Then, my car's exhaust is fucked up, I had to take it to this shop and they said they'd have it done soon and I kept calling back and am STILL calling back to see if they've even looked at the car yet, which they haven't. Also, I had to let my mom borrow $200 to pay for taxes on the house, after paying $200 on the house I was inherited, after paying $151 from having a tooth filled last week, after buying my girlfriend's christmas and birthday which fall on the same week ($300 or so combined) and spending hundreds of other dollars on shit I can't remember right now, all in the past few days.. Just all this stupid and crazy and draining and stressful shit.

So, sorry if I'm pissy. And I know no one read any of that anyway. So... fuck it.

Post something completely irrelevant.

atsonicpark 10.14.2008 12:20 PM

Anyway, happier thoughts.

I just bought some new DVD of this movie. It is my favorite film of all time. I remember when I first saw it, about 7 years ago, I had never seen anything like it. To me, just a perfect film.

floatingslowly 10.14.2008 12:20 PM

hang on a second, sparky.

ok...now, BREATHE.

what's the deal? dead uncle only left you $800? how much did you get after paying the blood-sucking lawyer?

the wife's recently departed uncle left us a giant HD TV, looks like you got screwed. maybe you shouldn't have complained so much when he tried to "count yr ribs".

Sonic Youth 37 10.14.2008 12:21 PM

That sucks, ac. but Taxi Driver on the new DVD cures all.

atsonicpark 10.14.2008 12:24 PM

yeah, I love the packaging on that thing. It's black with his mohawked face in some kind of gold/dirty brown color... really classy looking... also, the 2nd disc, I haven't completely devoured it, but it has all these new documentaries and shit.. fuckkkkkkk... so good.

Sonic Youth 37 10.14.2008 12:26 PM

I think it's the same one I have that I got about a year ago, isn't it? It has like a 1/4 width slip that covers the end. Anyway, class all the way and one of my favorite endings.

nicfit 10.14.2008 12:31 PM

I read all of it.
but still, I'm happy and kinda
broke.

gmku 10.14.2008 12:39 PM

Sorry about that, a-park. Sometimes when things are that fucked up, it's better to just say fuck it, step out of it, and let the pieces fall. Don't even try anymore, and eventually it sorts itself out. Like the meth girl and the court thing--screw em. Let them have the place and to hell with the court. Eventually they'll either die from the meth or get arrested and then they'll be gone.

atsonicpark 10.14.2008 01:15 PM

Actually, the way the two police officers explained it to me, if she went to jail, I'd still have to go to court to evict her. I mean, obviously things would be a LITTLE different but I'd still have to go through all this shit. I can't just send her a letter and tell her to get out. Oh well. Soon, everything will be okay...

StevOK 10.14.2008 02:01 PM

Lunesta is just about the greatest thing ever invented.