Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

HECKLER SPRAY 10.16.2008 05:24 PM

schizophrenicroom 10.16.2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
So, yeah, I was severely dehydrated (I've drank 2 liters of water in about an hour since I got back) and my body still wants to move to the beats. I've never experienced anything like that before. I don't think it was some much Girl Talk, but the feeling of climbing up on stage and completely zoning for an hour and a half and just letting the music tell me where to go. Wow...

sounds like you had a night. damn.

al shabbray 10.16.2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deflinus

that pic is pure bliss

Sonic Youth 37 10.16.2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
sounds like you had a night. damn.

I was a night indeed. Today, however, was random-stranger-walk-up-and-talk-to-Josh Day, no less than 6 complete strangers just walked up and talked to me today.

schizophrenicroom 10.16.2008 06:18 PM

any girls partake in the holiday?

Sonic Youth 37 10.16.2008 06:20 PM

It was split about 50/50, one guy was a friend of someone I talked to the Mars Volta about last night, then 2 girls just came up and talked to me about what I was reading (Dracula) and what I was doing for Halloween and saying that they were going to be McCain and Obama.

terriblecanyons 10.16.2008 06:21 PM

I still need to find my crap to be Parah Salin.

!@#$%! 10.16.2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
I still need to find my crap to be Parah Salin.

???

ah, floridians...

Sonic Youth 37 10.16.2008 09:29 PM

Also, after the show last night, I can no longer listen to Girl Talk without my heart pounding and the almost unstoppable urge to dance. I tried to listen to it while I was reading and I couldn't focus or sit still. And I listen to a lot of punk and post-hardcore when I read.

schizophrenicroom 10.16.2008 09:40 PM

i think my heart is pounding a bit harder. (i've missed seeing girl talk two or three times now and i'm still bitter.)

Sonic Youth 37 10.16.2008 09:42 PM

I was frantically searching for another close Girl Talk show, there was one in 3 weeks but it's sold out and I'm too broke at the moment to go see MSTRKRFT tomorrow. So, it's Awesome Color on Saturday night.

Fuck...I've got to write a resume that I've been putting off for a week.

Derek 10.17.2008 07:22 AM

Girl Talk is lame... But I guess people get different experiences out of seeing him live.

One guy I was talking to said he loved it, just absorbing himself into the atmosphere. And another guy said it was dull, and that watching a guy stand at a laptop with a bunch of people jumping around him was dull also.

But whatever, different strokes for different folks!

terriblecanyons 10.17.2008 07:26 AM

I keep waking up and getting creepy crawly feelings all over my body.
Then when I finally go back to sleep I have freaky dreams like I'm back in my elementary school 1st grade class and my friends are singing to me about how they're lesbians to the tune of Big Love (live version) while a 7 year old jams out like fucking Lindsey Buckingham on a nylon guitar.
What. The. Fuck.

Alex's Trip 10.17.2008 08:00 AM

hahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QFWBFIEuig

greedrex 10.17.2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

I keep waking up and getting creepy crawly feelings all over my body.
Then when I finally go back to sleep I have freaky dreams like I'm back in my elementary school 1st grade class and my friends are singing to me about how they're lesbians to the tune of Big Love (live version) while a 7 year old jams out like fucking Lindsey Buckingham on a nylon guitar.
What. The. Fuck.

TC is the new Cantank..... he he

with longer posts.

terriblecanyons 10.17.2008 08:41 AM

I'm on ultram for pain.

greedrex 10.17.2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

I'm on ultram for pain.

exactly what i was saying hahahahaha

btw did you sue the angry dumb dudes or are you just leaving it?

terriblecanyons 10.17.2008 08:48 AM

Uh, the cops have to find the girls, first.

And I really don't appreciate you calling me (or cantank) out like that.
I got the shit beat out of me and you make it look like I'm just taking the pills because I can.

al shabbray 10.17.2008 09:10 AM

what kind of med is ultram?

greedrex 10.17.2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Uh, the cops have to find the girls, first.

And I really don't appreciate you calling me (or cantank) out like that.
I got the shit beat out of me and you make it look like I'm just taking the pills because I can.

For Fuck's sake, chill out.