Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what are you wearing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=14705)

ploesj 09.19.2008 04:20 AM

dark blue lee cooper jeans, grey-black striped sweater from h&m, greenish brown cape-coat by dries van noten, black shoes, bowler hat.

i'm going to the seaside today and it's freezing cold.

btw i didn't pay anything for this whole outfit. haha!

Pookie 09.19.2008 04:22 AM

Uniqlo are cheap, which was their main appeal to me.

MellySingsDoom 09.19.2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ploesj
dark blue lee cooper jeans, grey-black striped sweater from h&m, greenish brown cape-coat by dries van noten, black shoes, bowler hat.

i'm going to the seaside today and it's freezing cold.

btw i didn't pay anything for this whole outfit. haha!

Bowler hat, eh? Total Clockwork Orange there;)

ploesj 09.19.2008 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Bowler hat, eh? Total Clockwork Orange there;)

haha i'm trying to stop my ears from freezing :p and it's the only hat i own and like...

gmku 09.19.2008 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
He only posts here to make everyone else feel superior. So less of the sarcasm.

Yep. And I know you elastic-waisted penny-loafer-wearing meat-pie-bellied British wankers need all the help you can get in the self-esteem area.

MellySingsDoom 09.19.2008 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Yep. And I know you elastic-waisted penny-loafer-wearing meat-pie-bellied British wankers need all the help you can get in the self-esteem area.

Wow, so much insight from the gmku. You did forget "rotten-toothed", "tea-addicted" and "potato-faced", though.

gmku 09.19.2008 06:25 AM

Oh, yeah. What is it about you guys and dental health anyway?

greedrex 09.19.2008 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I'm sorry, but who the fuck are you.

my post was 100% sarcasm-free.
You just seem to have good taste in men's fashion.
or at least similar to mine although i don't have the money to buy these clothes and shoes.
Now if you can't take a plain compliment just for what it is, i.e something nice, you can just go to hell, dumbfuck.:fuckyou:

MellySingsDoom 09.19.2008 06:28 AM

gmku - Dentistry here is absurdly expensive now, and the English have traditionally had fairly dodgy teeth as a rule, probably due to all the sugar in tea/coffee/biscuits/sweets etc we consume. No perfect Scandinavian smiles for us, alas.

gmku 09.19.2008 06:28 AM

Oh, okay, sorry, greedrex. I'll accept your complement, then, thank you very much, and that way I'll stay out of hell.

You can see how I might interpret your post as completely sarcastic though. "So" and "wow" in that context look saracastic as all hell, you know.

Love,

gmku

greedrex 09.19.2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pookie
He only posts here to make everyone else feel superior. So less of the sarcasm.

ha ha
cunt

gmku 09.19.2008 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
gmku - Dentistry here is absurdly expensive now, and the English have traditionally had fairly dodgy teeth as a rule, probably due to all the sugar in tea/coffee/biscuits/sweets etc we consume. No perfect Scandinavian smiles for us, alas.

And European countries don't have flouride in the water, do they?

I know I'm stereotyping. I known many Europeans with teeth better than mine, certainly.

Just remember to brush three times a day, Melly! And try to use a flouride rinse like Act.

Cantankerous 09.19.2008 06:31 AM

there is no national dental plan in england. that is what's up with their teeth.

gmku 09.19.2008 06:31 AM

There is none here either.

Cantankerous 09.19.2008 06:32 AM

true, but insurance is fairly affordable.

sidenote: i haven't been to the dentist in probably 10 years.

atsonicpark 09.19.2008 06:37 AM

I go twice a year, floss and brush and eat right and still get cavities. fuck it.

Cantankerous 09.19.2008 06:38 AM

hahahahaha

i have NEVER had a cavity. i brush my teef once a day probably. and i don't think i've ever flossed. actually yeah i tried to one time and it hurt like a bitch so i never did it again.

gmku 09.19.2008 06:38 AM

ASP, Think how much worse you'd be though if you didn't go. Those cavities would get real big and painful, and you'd have to get root canals and all.

I try to go twice a year too and all that. It's hard, though, since I'm a bit dental phobic.

gmku 09.19.2008 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
hahahahaha

i have NEVER had a cavity. i brush my teef once a day probably. and i don't think i've ever flossed. actually yeah i tried to one time and it hurt like a bitch so i never did it again.

Some people have especially strong enamel.

Cantankerous 09.19.2008 06:40 AM

i abhor going to any kind of medical office.