Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

ni'k 06.14.2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
who didn't wanna blow up the school when in High School?

sadly, there are some sick and disgusting freaks out there who wouldn't even dream of it.

atsonicpark 06.14.2010 11:45 AM

I've seen zero day... good film! Much better than Elephant.. or.. hell.. DUCK! CARBINE HIGH SCHOOL MASSACRE, hah..

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.14.2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I liked it.

Yeah, me too! :)

Better_Than_Deux 06.14.2010 07:10 PM

good stuff.

noisereductions 06.14.2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Yeah, me too! :)

yeah, I almost forgot how good it was. And fucked up. Who directed it? And WHO was THAT blonde?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.14.2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

yeah, I almost forgot how good it was. And fucked up. Who directed it? And WHO was THAT blonde?

Dave Parker, the guy who did The Dead Hate The Living. I think it was you who I discussed that one with earlier in this thread....right? :confused:

Either way, he's a class act.

Also... that blonde.

Sophie Monk...yes plz.

I demand a Hills Run Red 2. If the overrated (but still pretty damn good) Hatchet can get a sequel, I have high hopes that the same can happen for this.

Peter Sonic Parker, I think you'd get a kick out of this one.

atsonicpark 06.14.2010 09:20 PM

cool, gettin it

atsonicpark 06.14.2010 09:22 PM

remastered rip up on cg now! One of my all time favs. 10/10

atsonicpark 06.15.2010 05:44 AM

11/10.

Obviously, the most important documentary of all time, since it actually got a dude's conviction overturned.

Keeping It Simple 06.15.2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

11/10.

Obviously, the most important documentary of all time, since it actually got a dude's conviction overturned.

Reminds me of this.

noisereductions 06.15.2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Dave Parker, the guy who did The Dead Hate The Living. I think it was you who I discussed that one with earlier in this thread....right? :confused:

Either way, he's a class act.

Also... that blonde.

Sophie Monk...yes plz.

I demand a Hills Run Red 2. If the overrated (but still pretty damn good) Hatchet can get a sequel, I have high hopes that the same can happen for this.

Peter Sonic Parker, I think you'd get a kick out of this one.

right right right we did talk about this. Was I the one who recommended Hills Run Red to you? I can't keep track. Anyway, Hills Run Red 2 would rule. Hatchet is pretty meh. I mean, I liked the idea, and the head rip scene was great. But for the most part didn't live up to its promise. Behind The Mask which came out around the same time was far better and smarter. Anyway, Sophie Monk eh? Her name and face seem familiar beyond that one movie. I'm sure I've seen her in other stuff?

akprodr 06.15.2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

11/10.

Did you see Brief History of Time? I worked on that...

atsonicpark 06.15.2010 07:56 AM

WHAT! You worked on it/!!!?! amazing! I will check it out, what'd you do?

Strangely, that's the only Erol Morris film I haven't seen (I've even seen the movie he directed -- not a doc -- and his entire FIRST PERSON television series)..

akprodr 06.15.2010 08:18 AM

I was a, what the heck was I? Sound Re-recordist I think is what it was called. I sat in the back room during the sound mix and made sure all the tracks and recorders were doing what they were supposed to be doing.

It was a little wierd, they brought in their own mixers--hot shots from Skywalker--Randy Thom and Bob Edwards. Alas, Randy wasn't that fond of me.

They were doing cuttin edge stuff--they had a Mac with a 1 gigabyte (Wow!) magneto-optical drive. I don't remember exactly how it was hooked in--I think it was just a sound library that they could lay stuff off if they needed it.

I worked on lots of movies you probably haven't heard of (or wanted to hear of). Exceptions: The Freshman, True Believer, the Equalizer (TV) and a couple of PBS American Experience. I did work on Toxic Avenger 3--the first Troma movie to be done on the day shift. All previous ones were done on the night shift for lower $$$.

Errol has/had an occasional column in the NYTimes if'n yr interested. About doc/realism stuff.

In about 4 years, I received exactly one credit--and it got cut off when they put it on TV. Another Phillip Glass work, Anima Mundi.

Rob Instigator 06.15.2010 08:58 AM

errol Morris gots all sorts of great shit

sonic sphere 06.15.2010 10:41 AM

batreleaser 06.15.2010 01:22 PM

Watched "Lezz than Zero" last night, and "Last Tango in Paris" this morning.

a-p a. niemi 06.17.2010 03:10 AM

atsonicpark 06.17.2010 08:48 AM

I watchedM YOU WEREN'T THERE: A HISTORY OF CHICAGO PUNK. It was really fascinating, though I do wonder about the guy who threatened to kick Albini's ass (who now works at Microsoft I believe). Albini is one of the nicest dudes I've ever talked to...

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.17.2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

right right right we did talk about this. Was I the one who recommended Hills Run Red to you? I can't keep track. Anyway, Hills Run Red 2 would rule. Hatchet is pretty meh. I mean, I liked the idea, and the head rip scene was great. But for the most part didn't live up to its promise. Behind The Mask which came out around the same time was far better and smarter. Anyway, Sophie Monk eh? Her name and face seem familiar beyond that one movie. I'm sure I've seen her in other stuff?

No, i discovered Hills Run Red just from my usual surfing of horror news/happenings.

But, I agree with you about Hatchet. I was more than a little disappointed in tit overall. I didn't like Behind The Mask at all... didn't even finish the thing. Did I miss out?