Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

!@#$%! 10.03.2018 03:57 PM

really? i thought they had barca on the ropes for a spell

they did better on the 2nd half. no?

!@#$%! 10.03.2018 03:58 PM

and holy shit napoli beat liverpool 1-0?

demonrail666 10.03.2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
really? i thought they had barca on the ropes for a spell

they did better on the 2nd half. no?

Spurs were always gonna pour forward in that position, with nothing to lose and Barcelona aren't geared up to protect a lead. So fair play to Spurs for keeping at it. But tonight has to be about Messi, who was just brilliant tonight, even by his standards. I don't think Barcelona are a great team right now but Messi could've easily scored 4 on his own. One of those nights where he was unplayable.

h8kurdt 10.03.2018 04:18 PM

Of course I, like a moron, decided to watch the utd game yesterday and forgo any of today's games.

Messi was having of those next level games today then?

h8kurdt 10.03.2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Spurs were always gonna pour forward in that position, with nothing to lose and Barcelona aren't geared up to protect a lead. So fair play to Spurs for keeping at it. But tonight has to be about Messi, who was just brilliant tonight, even by his standards. I don't think Barcelona are a great team right now but Messi could've easily scored 4 on his own. One of those nights where he was unplayable.

ZING!

the ikara cult 10.03.2018 04:27 PM

In happy news, Josh Mcechran scored his first professional goal this week! Wahay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VCgtNl0Xn0

demonrail666 10.03.2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt

Messi was having of those next level games today then?

It really was. Rakitic's goal was the best of the 4 but Messi's performance all round was just brilliant. A 90 minute showreel.

!@#$%! 10.03.2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

yes

but massive props for suarez letting that ball go by TWICE

that's beyond football, that's telepathy

demonrail666 10.03.2018 05:11 PM

Yes, definitely.

For all his notoriety, one of the things I love about Suarez is he's actually a very unselfish player. Even when he was at Liverpool, alongside Sturridge, although he scored a shit load of goals he never went for personal glory if he saw a better option. His desire to win means he'll cross any line he has to, but he's absolutely about the team rather than himself.

!@#$%! 10.04.2018 09:17 AM

always been a fan myself

demonrail666 10.05.2018 06:12 AM

Last Prem weekend before another dreaded International break.

West Ham v Brighton tonight, which I imagine will only be of interest to me, while MU v Newcastle in the late kickoff (5.30 GMT) tiomorrow will appeal to the ambulance chances. The biggie, though, will obviously be on Sunday (4.30 GMT), when MC play Liverpool.

!@#$%! 10.05.2018 06:20 AM

oh yeah im looking forward to that sunday game

there is nothing on saturday for me so i’ll spend it on the road doing this and that

but sunday! sunday is looking very good.... and i should be back for it with booze, coffee, meats, and other small delights of modern life, courtesy of global trade.

mmmm, trade...

demonrail666 10.05.2018 02:57 PM

Brighton 1-0 West Ham (HT)

WH started well but Brighton grabbed one then improved up to the break. They're defending well and WH just can't break them down. WH haven't got the zip they had in the last few games.

!@#$%! 10.05.2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Brighton 1-0 West Ham (HT)

WH started well but Brighton grabbed one then improved up to the break. They're defending well and WH just can't break them down. WH haven't got the zip they had in the last few games.

is the angry attacker playing? i might look at this show...

oh yes there he is...

demonrail666 10.05.2018 03:57 PM

WH weren't great tonight but Brighton bring nothing to the Prem and just got lucky tonight. Bunch of journeymen. Hope they go down.

!@#$%! 10.05.2018 03:57 PM

oh shit sorry about your result man. astronaut did not fly today.

demonrail666 10.05.2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh shit sorry about your result man. astronaut did not fly today.

More frustrated than anything. Should've won on the strength of chances and just overall quality, but sometimes you can just tell you're not gonna score, no matter what.

Note to self: avoid watching any game Brighton are involved in. They're about as exciting as a cup of cold tea.

h8kurdt 10.05.2018 04:38 PM

But I thought Chris Hughton was EVERYONE'S favourite manager!:D

Actually baffled when people say that. Cos he's a nice guy everyone should like him? Nah.

demonrail666 10.05.2018 04:48 PM

I actually grew up around the corner from Chris Hughton. He is a nice bloke but his teams are your usual Allardyce/Pulis-style sloggers.

The problem for WH is they've done well against teams willing to come out and play but can't break down teams like Brighton who just sit back in the hope they might nick something.

demonrail666 10.06.2018 10:57 AM

Watched Leicester v Everton

Tight game but worldy from Siggurdson.

Keep him and Richarlison fit and Everton have nothing to worry about this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5uBKoI-TY

--

Now for the Man U soap opera