Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

MellySingsDoom 11.05.2008 06:26 AM

We had Shakin' Stevens in our office yesterday. He still has the "look", but alas, was not singing "This Ole House" as he walked around our floor.

Sonic Youth 37 11.05.2008 07:39 PM

I fell asleep on my desk today. *facedesk*

drrrtyboots 11.05.2008 08:11 PM

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed today. The pain hasn't been bad until recently, I think i'll indulge in a few painkillers and fall asleep soon.

terriblecanyons 11.06.2008 12:13 AM

Why am I still sick?

Inhuman 11.06.2008 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed today. The pain hasn't been bad until recently, I think i'll indulge in a few painkillers and fall asleep soon.

Hope they heal well and wash your mouth out as much as possible to avoid a dry socket, otherwise you'll be wasting the painkillers on it. I ended up getting one and I was only left with 4 bloody codeine tabs

Sonic Youth 37 11.06.2008 01:05 AM

Taking good care the first few days is key. I had all 4 out and ended up only taking one pain Loratab. Half when I got home and half that night. Then I just took Advil to keep the swelling down and ease my jaw pain. I was back to normal in a little over a week.

Sonic Youth 37 11.06.2008 01:43 AM

I have never eaten at Denny's.

GeneticKiss 11.06.2008 01:49 AM

Neither have I.

Don't really want to.

Right now, Pandora is playing Cabaret Voltaire's "Dream Sequence Number Three" for the second time today...

█████████ 11.06.2008 01:52 AM

fuck, it's really cold this morning.

atsonicpark 11.06.2008 02:17 AM

just opened an ebay store to sell rare noise shit

http://stores.ebay.com/Tragic-Creature

atsonicpark 11.06.2008 02:19 AM

stu666 11.06.2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
just opened an ebay store to sell rare noise shit

http://stores.ebay.com/Tragic-Creature

the link doesn't work for me

EDIT: ok it's working now, i'll check it out.

drrrtyboots 11.06.2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inhuman
Hope they heal well and wash your mouth out as much as possible to avoid a dry socket, otherwise you'll be wasting the painkillers on it. I ended up getting one and I was only left with 4 bloody codeine tabs

The painkillers I got are very weak, 5mg oxycodone so they don't do much except relieve pressure on my jaw. I've managed to keep the swelling down considerably and actually feel pretty well today. Also doing a good job rinsing often as to avoid dry socket. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

floatingslowly 11.06.2008 10:12 AM

I smell like power steering fluid and I'm convinced that my dermal layer is burning off.

good times.

jennthebenn 11.06.2008 11:34 AM

I'm going off medication. I've decided that the risks aren't worth it, as I'm starting to notice
little facial tics that could be related to tardive dyskinesia. So I'm going off of all medication
after 4 and a half months. With the dietary changes I've made, and my gym routine, I've
decided not to depend on pills. I'm not going back to them. Drug industries will get no more of
my money.

Just hope these mild facial tics fade. It's mainly frequent licking of the lips, which can be a
sign of the tardive disorder, or could be something else. I had a flare up of it a month or so
ago and it faded. I read the more you take certain pills the more at risk you are at having a
severe, debilitating case of it, and it could be irreversible. My parents didn't raise an idiot.

!@#$%! 11.06.2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennthebenn
I'm going off medication. I've decided that the risks aren't worth it, as I'm starting to notice
little facial tics that could be related to tardive dyskinesia. So I'm going off of all medication
after 4 and a half months. With the dietary changes I've made, and my gym routine, I've
decided not to depend on pills. I'm not going back to them. Drug industries will get no more of
my money.

Just hope these mild facial tics fade. It's mainly frequent licking of the lips, which can be a
sign of the tardive disorder, or could be something else. I had a flare up of it a month or so
ago and it faded. I read the more you take certain pills the more at risk you are at having a
severe, debilitating case of it, and it could be irreversible. My parents didn't raise an idiot.

whoa, shit!-- thats a bold move-- best wishes.

do you have any... are you reducing gradually or cutting off? i mean are the medics supervising this or are you just doing it on your own? please be careful...

Rob Instigator 11.06.2008 11:52 AM

best of luck with that jenn.

jennthebenn 11.06.2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
whoa, shit!-- thats a bold move-- best wishes.

do you have any... are you reducing gradually or cutting off? i mean are the medics supervising this or are you just doing it on your own? please be careful...

I'm on a very low dosage of Risperdal right now, and my psychiatrist said
that I shouldn't have much trouble coming off of it altogether.

al shabbray 11.06.2008 01:40 PM

headache

floatingslowly 11.06.2008 01:41 PM

Q: How can you make breast buds go away?

A: just tell them that the conversation is top secreat just between the person your talking to and you .if they get mad thats theri prob for not trustign you with YOUR secreats.