Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

shabbray2.0 07.07.2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
we watched this movie Lake Mungo a few weeks ago. The best way I can describe it is that almost nothing even happens. But then you're left feeling really creeped out. It's weird. Different. I liked it.

sounds interesting, will give it a try

noisereductions 07.07.2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
sounds interesting, will give it a try

it's weird. My wife and I sat there and both of us said that in the first like 20 mins we were like "um... this sucks" but by the time the film ended we were just kind of like "wow. I don't even know if that was good or bad. But I'm kind of on-edge."

shabbray2.0 07.07.2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
Martyrs? Come on, I've heard the last 30 minutes are just pure torture.

yes, but less gore.
its just intense like no other movie Ive seen

noisereductions 07.07.2010 09:23 AM

oh I thought of another NO-GORE that is AMAZING -- Hard Candy. It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good and Ellen Page is incredible in it. Watch. It. Now.

noisereductions 07.07.2010 09:24 AM

Oh oh oh AND House Of The Devil. Ty West's masterpiece. He hasn't made another good film. But House Of The Devil is great.

shabbray2.0 07.07.2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

oh I thought of another NO-GORE that is AMAZING -- Hard Candy. It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good and Ellen Page is incredible in it. Watch. It. Now.

I second that!

viewtiful alan redux 07.07.2010 01:33 PM

For like... the 6th time.

7.5/10
I can really see why Lil Wayne wouldn't want this coming out... it really isn't very flattering

noisereductions 07.07.2010 01:47 PM

^nope, but it's excellent.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.07.2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Does he die at the end or something?

noisereductions 07.07.2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Does he die at the end or something?

no her murders the entire Pyschopathic roster instead.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.07.2010 02:10 PM

Sounds worse than Inglourious Fucktards.

noisereductions 07.07.2010 02:19 PM

but in all seriousness, at the end of The Carter, Lohan just walks by. It's totally random.

!@#$%! 07.07.2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

hard candy is morally satisfying in a very obvious way but it's not a great movie at all. it's a middle-of-the-road "big indie" movie.

batreleaser 07.07.2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Oh oh oh AND House Of The Devil. Ty West's masterpiece. He hasn't made another good film. But House Of The Devil is great.

the ritual scene was fucking nutty

noisereductions 07.07.2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hard candy is morally satisfying in a very obvious way but it's not a great movie at all. it's a middle-of-the-road "big indie" movie.

I thought it was "a great movie." I loved it.

Count Mecha 07.07.2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

it was like 4th horror movie i've ever seen in my whole life, but just that kind of thing that I seem to like. Not too much blood or gore, but scary atmosphere and high tension.

Any recommendations for movies like this? The less gore and the more fear, the better.

Uh, hmm. I don't think I'd know many horror pictures that would qualify, as not many of them are that spooky. But some thrillers sure.

There's The Wages of Fear, French film from '53. These guys have to drive trucks of unprotected nitroglycerin across the rocky desert. Really intense.

Then there's 13 Tzameti another french film from '05. This painter or whatever accidently gets drawn into a russian roulette variant tournament.

There's also the pretty cool Night (or Curse) of the Demon from 1957 starring the pretty wooden Dana Andrews and while not being a very scary movie, it has an terrific vibe and atmosphere. The demon in it is really great looking.

viewtiful alan redux 07.07.2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

I mean not only does it show him as a complete drug addict, but it shows him recording the worst music of his career.
still, very artfully done. Paints an interesting portrait of him.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.07.2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Is there something like Paranormal Activity out?

Have you seen .REC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAnbWCjmOkA

nicfit 07.07.2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

it was like 4th horror movie i've ever seen in my whole life, but just that kind of thing that I seem to like. Not too much blood or gore, but scary atmosphere and high tension.

Any recommendations for movies like this? The less gore and the more fear, the better.

them

nicfit 07.07.2010 04:07 PM

btw, I don't think let the right one in is a horror...