Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

schizophrenicroom 11.09.2008 12:15 AM

i will be one in a few posts.

terriblecanyons 11.09.2008 12:16 AM

Why am I always either hungry or nauseated?

schizophrenicroom 11.09.2008 12:20 AM

because we don't hang out often enough and eat in a non-nauseating area.

terriblecanyons 11.09.2008 12:22 AM

True.
We will have plenty of hang-out-awesome-food tiem during the NYC excursion.
I'm trying to convince my friend Roger to fly out from WY to come with... but it costs lots of moolah.

schizophrenicroom 11.09.2008 12:30 AM

now i really want chinese food, red bull, and icing.

i can't tell my mom until tuesday about nyc, which gives me a bit more time to make sure my reasoning is perfect.

Sonic Youth 37 11.09.2008 12:33 AM

Donatello: You're a claustrophobic.
Casey Jones: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy.

I had some pretty righteous salsa today. The rest of the food wasn't that great, but the salsa was wonderful.

schizophrenicroom 11.09.2008 12:37 AM

good salsa is hard to come by.

this gourmet food store that's part of an outlet mall in st augustine was giving samples of this peach salsa made with grape tomatoes that was so good last time i went. oh, yum.

terriblecanyons 11.09.2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
now i really want chinese food, red bull, and icing.

i can't tell my mom until tuesday about nyc, which gives me a bit more time to make sure my reasoning is perfect.

Whatever you think will work out best.

We had some really interesting "georgia peach grilled cheese sandwiches" today for dinner. It was on cinnamon raisin bread, and had peach preserves and ricotta cheese on it. Surprisingly good.

Sonic Youth 37 11.09.2008 12:41 AM

I've only found 3 places in my life that had "excellent" salsa because I'm a salsa snob (not thick, sort of running, not puree or blended, only chopped ingredients, and it has to be hot as hellfire. a good ratio is one glass of water consumed per roughly 4oz bowl) and this was on of them.

Time to decide on a new movie, 3 way tie between Rope, Friday, and Addams Family, leaning towards Friday.

terriblecanyons 11.09.2008 12:43 AM

Ooh. Yeah, I'm a salsa nazi too. It has to be perfect or I won't touch it.

schizophrenicroom 11.09.2008 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
We had some really interesting "georgia peach grilled cheese sandwiches" today for dinner. It was on cinnamon raisin bread, and had peach preserves and ricotta cheese on it. Surprisingly good.

'

OH MY GOODNESS. i need some.

josh- i've honestly never met a salsa snob. that's wicked. i'm the same. it needs to be either somewhat close to or just the right texture. pace salsa and publix work for me because they're cheap and good. but not spicy enough :(

Sonic Youth 37 11.09.2008 12:44 AM

Yeah, I'll eat the chips dry if the salsa is even approaching subpar.

and I've never had good salsa from jar. it just doesn't happen. and when I need a salsa fix and all I can come by is jar, I'll take 20 minutes to modify it to meet minimum quality standards.

schizophrenicroom 11.09.2008 12:49 AM

that's salsa love right there.

i usually just add some cayenne pepper.

Sonic Youth 37 11.09.2008 12:53 AM

Come to think of it, I'm like that will all spicy foodstuffs really. I can't stand mild. Like when my dad used to make chili, I'd say make it as hot as you can stand it, and then in my bowl add 4 tablespoons of hot sauce and several dashes of red pepper and I'll take it from there.

Friday won out. I shall feel like a goon because I'll be guffawing alone.

schizophrenicroom 11.09.2008 01:13 AM

egads, that's me! i add it to things that i already think are too spicy. if my nose isn't running, it's not hot.

Sonic Youth 37 11.09.2008 01:18 AM

Precisely. The only thing I'll eat from Taco Hell is the Fire Sauce. It's quite handy to have around.

Gah, all this talk about food. In the last hour I've nommed lemon icing, Nutterbutter Bites with lemon icing, starbursts, a kaiser roll with butter, chips, and enough lemonade to slake the entire summer thirst of the Old South.

schizophrenicroom 11.09.2008 01:32 AM

you're basically en route to a diabetes problem there, josh.

Sonic Youth 37 11.09.2008 01:34 AM

It's mostly out of boredom and I really don't want to sleep. I don't consume dangerous amounts of sugar on a nightly basis.

schizophrenicroom 11.09.2008 01:35 AM

i want to sleep so i can get up early and run before it's too hot out, but i don't want to and i've already overdosed on starch and fat and sugar today. all i want is some fucking caffeine. all the soda in is caffeine-free

terriblecanyons 11.09.2008 01:38 AM

I'm going to eat nothing but salad for the next week.
It's an experiment to see if my energy levels completely die from lack of sugar.