Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

choc e-Claire 01.03.2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by operator
DIS DOES NOT FOOKIN SLIP

Hey Operator, I was wondering where you'd been.

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 03:19 PM

already some thrills huh?

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 03:41 PM

whatta goal by kun!

demonrail666 01.03.2019 03:49 PM

fascinating half. Liverpool look good on the break. Unlucky with the shot off the line. But Aguero's goal was something else. Should Kompany have gotten a Red for that tackle on Salah?

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 03:51 PM

my postmortem: man city attacking in greater numbers and better, making liverpool defense suffer way before the goal

liverpool in the latter part not scaring much with the long balls and thin density in the attack. speed is good but can’t make up for all.

beautiful so far

-x

eta saw kompany actually keep his right leg behind. had he stretched it sure. rough but no ill intention

demonrail666 01.03.2019 03:54 PM

Agree about MC's attack. Sterling not making his runs though means too many of them are breaking down.

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 04:18 PM

sane has been the sharpest knifeblade i’ve seen so far—created most of the instability on the liverpool defense & keeps doing it

yes firmino YES!!!

christ that pass sequence before

-x

as i was saying, SANE

awesome

so glad im agnostic

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 04:57 PM

wow. what a great game. holy fuck am i glad i could watch it. glorious.

a little sad that liverpool lost but man city deserved this.

demonrail666 01.03.2019 05:07 PM

Oh wow. Great game and great result in terms of the title race.

Fair result but ultimately could've gone either way. Surprised it took Liverpool so long to really go at them. Fernandinho and Bernardo Silva were the real stand-outs for me but I thought it was a huge city performance all-round tonight.

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 05:09 PM

wait, kompany had the studs up in the air! i just saw that holy shit

demonrail666 01.03.2019 05:30 PM

Yeah should've been a red but there were big tackles going in all round and I think in the end the game benefitted from the ref's quite hands-off approach. Lovren could've gone off, too ... even Pep!

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 05:33 PM

youre absolutely right, and overall, fair result

h8kurdt 01.03.2019 05:56 PM

That was a great game. A fair result I think. Gotta say I felt that City were rough as. However, the quality in the 2nd half was just great.

choc e-Claire 01.04.2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by operator
hi claire,

did father christmas bring you any presents or were you a naughty girl?

I got some stuff; to avoid derailing the conversation I'll post in the irrelevant thread

!@#$%! 01.05.2019 07:41 AM

what the fuck. the 530am west ham v. arsenal is not today but next saturday? wtf is going on... ah, shit.

carabobo cup or something? looks like i missed a couple of memos...

time for a nextflix subscription looks like...

OH IT’S THE FUCKING FA CUP

h8kurdt 01.05.2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what the fuck. the 530am west ham v. arsenal is not today but next saturday? wtf is going on... ah, shit.

carabobo cup or something? looks like i missed a couple of memos...

time for a nextflix subscription looks like...

OH IT’S THE FUCKING FA CUP

It's FA FUCKING CUP! The time of year where fuck knows who's going to win. It's just a likely Lincoln City will beat Everton today as it is likely that Wolves will beat Liverpool on Monday.

A crazy whirl wind of minnow clubs with nothing to lose look like world beaters against the best clubs in the country.

!@#$%! 01.05.2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
It's FA FUCKING CUP! The time of year where fuck knows who's going to win. It's just a likely Lincoln City will beat Everton today as it is likely that Wolves will beat Liverpool on Monday.

A crazy whirl wind of minnow clubs with nothing to lose look like world beaters against the best clubs in the country.

yeah i get the notion. same as all cups.

still not buying this product lol

demonrail666 01.05.2019 08:56 AM

West Ham up 1-0 to Birmingham but Arnie off ofter 20 (+a goal) is a worry. Carrol looks way off the pace. Why is he even a thing anymore?

Have to say though, new boy Nasri looks very lively.

EDIT: And so Carroll scores the 2nd to make me look a cunt.

!@#$%! 01.05.2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
West Ham up 1-0 to Birmingham but Arnie off ofter 20 (+a goal) is a worry. Carrol looks way off the pace. Why is he even a thing anymore?

Have to say though, new boy Nasri looks very lively.

EDIT: And so Carroll scores the 2nd to make me look a cunt.

lmfao

choc e-Claire 01.06.2019 02:25 PM

Australia 0-1 Jordan. Didn't watch the game (it was on pay TV, which we don't have), but from all accounts we'd forgotten that we don't have Tim Cahill to score with a header anymore.