Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.21.2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen

10/10. Believe the hype. This movie is just SO INVENTIVE, one of the best things to have come out of someone's mind in the past years.

You're making me nauseous.

TheFoxBen 07.21.2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
You're making me nauseous.

Why ? I know you didn't really like it but can't you understand the fact that some people (like me) were blown away by this film ?

batreleaser 07.21.2010 04:08 PM

the Prestige woulda been good minus Hugh Jackman. He is awful.

DeadDiscoDildo 07.21.2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Really? The Prestige? Interesting.

FOLLOWING will always be my fav.

Yeah, explain to me what the hell the prestige was even about at the end of it...or what really happened...

I can't tell what kind of reality it was supposed to take place in. I only saw it once, and with my family, so there wasnt much intellectual discussion afterwards. I just remember it being my least favorite Nolan movie.

I just saw Inception last night, it was great...though while I liked the cast alot....Could have done without the whole Batman Begins re-union with watanabe, murphy, AND caine. But whatever, at least they are gaurenteed work.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.21.2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
Why ? I know you didn't really like it but can't you understand the fact that some people (like me) were blown away by this film ?

I can understand everyone liking it. It has some neat elements, and Leo delivers...but to be BLOWN AWAY by it? That's a bit much for me to grasp, especially given the countless more engaging, and trippier titles mentioned in this thread.

I gave the film a 6.5/10, but almost gave it a 7/10. It's far from a masterpiece in my eyes, and I think I dislike it even more, given all the buzz surrounding it right now.

viewtiful alan redux 07.21.2010 07:42 PM

3.5/5
The raunchiness was so overdone that it just got plain boring. What a piece of crap.

Now which one should I watch tonight: Jet Li's "Fist of Legend" or New Jack City?

atsonicpark 07.21.2010 08:30 PM

New Jack City!

noisereductions 07.21.2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

New Jack City!

this!

noisereductions 07.22.2010 07:05 AM

last night we watched The Rocker. That's what it's called right? My wife loves Rain Wilson, so she put it on. It was actually a lot better than both of us expected. Also, further proof to me that Emma Stone rules.

Rob Instigator 07.22.2010 08:44 AM

New Jack City!

atsonicpark 07.22.2010 08:50 AM

hey sucks they threw you out,yeah man the gym is under new management the old guy had to Be sent back I KPAXed his body though, so yeah man if you aren't in any big of a hurry which you;ve exhibited so gracefully.. really thanks for the patience , well I'll be playing at the smell dec 12th, if you live in the area and could make it to the gig, can do the hand off there. but yeah if you want me to send it I can do so but it might take a little bit of time as I'm gearing up to cruise back to the state and I have seriously no money AT THE MOMENT hopfully some of these distros will payup up soon, but that can be like hard to do sometimes.either way you don;t have to pay again man. appreciate you hanging in there like this, let me know what you wanna do.

atsonicpark 07.22.2010 08:50 AM

Summer has been rough! Dig this - I was getting too muscular so they kicked me out of your gym. I'd tune in to 107.7 XM MARS during intense workout sessions. What they play regularly on the radio now all sounds so evil - so hyperreal to me. It simply isn't on my wavelength.

TheFoxBen 07.22.2010 05:50 PM

8/10. Very good directorial debut from Mr. Nolan ! I always like those kinds of low-budget first movies from great directors such as Darren Aronofsky's Pi or Kevin Smith's Clerks (yeah, they are great directors in my book) and seeing how they evolved into something much bigger (especially for Nolan who just released a movie with a budget of $160 million). Anyway, watch it, that guy must have a flawless filmography (haven't seen Insomnia yet but I expect it to be good so yeah...)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 07.24.2010 08:15 AM

^ Insomnia is fuckin' awesome!

Derek 07.24.2010 08:51 AM

batman: mask of the phantasm - 9/10

As good as I remember it to be! Even better actually!

atsonicpark 07.24.2010 12:44 PM

yeah I re-watched insomnia AND mask of phantasm very recently, both great.

I've actually just been watching mystery science theater 3000 this week since I have every episode now.

atsonicpark 07.24.2010 12:52 PM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MVWKS5JN

download that! It's ARNOLD SCHAWZENNEGGER IS COMPLETELY INSANE. It's every kill from one of his movies, with a death tally on the screen!

Count Mecha 07.24.2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

yeah I re-watched insomnia AND mask of phantasm very recently, both great.

I've actually just been watching mystery science theater 3000 this week since I have every episode now.

which ones have you been watching? I don't think those first season episodes are very good.

I watched The Undead myself the other day, pretty nice one.

Ghostchase 07.24.2010 02:24 PM

The original Insomnia is better.

tw2113 07.24.2010 02:28 PM

I've been watching a lot of Growing Pains lately. I don't care what anyone says about it.