Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Sonic Youth 37 11.15.2008 10:00 PM

Oh, and I'm taking my proper camera so they will be show pics.

schizophrenicroom 11.16.2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Oh yesh. The old one has the same thing except smaller and across the chest. The one I bought today has the image much larger and more across the torso too. Plus it's one of those super soft tees. I'm not so bummed because it came from Hot Topic because my old one came from Spencers about 4 or 5 years ago (wtf? right.) but anyhoo, I'm leaving in about 15 to see No Age, Soft Circle, Titus Andronicus, and some local band I will not be staying for.

titus andronicus are awesome!! i hope you're having a blast. wait, you WILL be having a blast. what i am i saying.

GeneticKiss 11.16.2008 01:06 AM

Wow...I remember seeing that ATDI shirt in Infinity1 ads years ago...

At the Drive In > the bands that followed in their footsteps

ALIEN ANAL 11.16.2008 01:54 AM

wooooo hooo
i had some weed
mate came aorund and shouted me some chiffel
yay yay

Sonic Youth 37 11.16.2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
titus andronicus are awesome!! i hope you're having a blast. wait, you WILL be having a blast. what i am i saying.

Okay, first, the bad news. My camera went belly-up during TA, so no pictures. I took some with my phone but I don't know how they'll turn out.

Now the great news! I just had four and a half hours of pure live music joyness for the low, low price of $10. The line-up went Parts and Labor (borderline OK with a girl guitarist that took many pages from the shoegaze book and it turns out they're NOT a local band.), Titus Andronicus (pretty good considering what I was expecting having never heard them before. I thought of them like a mid-era Bright Eyes except heavy indie rock.), Soft Circle (which, in fact, is just Hisham Bharoocha (yes the same one that was in Black Dice and Lightning Bolt for a time) being a one-man band of awesomeness. I bought his cd. Super nice guy as well.), then, No Age who put on a fucking AMAZINGGGGGG set and brought the place fucking down. Randy was walking through the crowd playing and standing on things. They also played two new songs that sounded great. The crowd tried to get them to play more but the cops would have shut the place down in another 10 minutes. So, the show ended at 2:20AM.

On a related side note, I probably fucking reek because the jeans and shirt I wore tonight had not been washed since the Dropkicks show on Sunday and that was a violent, sweaty, beer-soaked show. However, I might not wash the jeans and just make them my "show" jeans. I mean, they're super dark jeans and I don't want them to fade, so not washing them helps. Plus, all the memories of the shows will be soaked into those jeans.

schizophrenicroom 11.16.2008 12:55 PM

ahhh. that sounds amazing. god, i need to see no age.

is it weird to not wash jeans unless they're dirty? people get onto me because i don't wash my jeans after every time i wear them, but i prefer to preserve the fit instead of having to wear them and bend about getting them to fit the right away every single time. i have two pairs of "show" jeans that when i wear them regularly i'm super careful with because they don't get washed. finding really dark, well-fitting pants is hard for me! and it's the memories thing.

StevOK 11.16.2008 02:26 PM

You can wear jeans until they wear you. I used to wear jeans multiple times without washing them. But then again, I'm not to be punk anymore.

schizophrenicroom 11.16.2008 03:06 PM

yeah, i wash them once they smell, but i don't see what's bad about that.

Sonic Youth 37 11.16.2008 03:08 PM

I prefer the fit of mine after I wash them, but I'll wear a pair for 3-5 days before they go into the dirty laundry.

terriblecanyons 11.16.2008 03:22 PM

WHARGLBARGL

alsjkdhakrlgsdkljfhrlksjdl;';;;lk;';;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'

O HAI IM AT JAD'S HUZ U GUISE. HE IS SITING NECKS 2 MI AND LOL;ING AT MY HORIBEL SPELING.

I LIK FUD

al shabbray 11.16.2008 03:23 PM

you are all pussies. :)
some jeans designer tell you to wear the jeans almost as long as possible every day and try not to take care of it. like some month, afterwards washing it 30°C inside out. you will get your perfect individual denim. Ive done it with an deep blue 501 and I love that thing to death

Sonic Youth 37 11.16.2008 03:25 PM

I will never be able to see the word "guise" again without having a mental image of that CHUD posing with the car.

nicfit 11.16.2008 03:25 PM

is there a way to cut+paste all the posts in here to the "sonic youth + poll" thread?

schizophrenicroom 11.16.2008 03:26 PM

WHO IS SHADOWKICK AND WHY DO I HAVE TO EXECUTE HIM

hi josh!

schizophrenicroom 11.16.2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
is there a way to cut+paste all the posts in here to the "sonic youth + poll" thread?

yes. look for "posts by schizohprenicroom"

make the poll "how awesome is schizoohrephrenicroom?"

there is one answer.

Sonic Youth 37 11.16.2008 03:27 PM

I HAVE NO CLUE ON THE FIRST POINT. ON THE SECOND HOWEVER,

sup jade

schizophrenicroom 11.16.2008 03:29 PM

josh, you listen to the harlem shakes?!? ahhh. they're so sweet. i love them.

all other points ignored.

schizophrenicroom 11.16.2008 03:30 PM

giant apples in my basket of love- terriblecrynz

Sonic Youth 37 11.16.2008 03:31 PM

Addressing the point from two posts above, yeah, They're are definitely good.

schizophrenicroom 11.16.2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Addressing the point from two posts above, yeah, They're are definitely good.

live, they're even better.