Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

me. 07.27.2010 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
twilight (1994) - 9/10

thanks, me.

THis was VERY Terayama-like.. and has singlehandedly inspired me to make movies again..

can't thank you enough.

Thought it would be of interest,it really is an awsome short-(ish) film.

me. 07.27.2010 05:08 AM

Green Mind Metal Bats

loubarret 07.27.2010 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Larry Clark sucks sucks sucks.

Ken Park is a rare 0/10.

5/10

well the dude mad Kids which I find one of the best movies ever made, another day in paradise is real good also and Bully is quite good also. Never cared much for the rest of his movies. Ken park wel yeah I am not planning of re-seeing it any time soon or ever

atsonicpark 07.27.2010 05:50 AM

Kids was written by Korine though, as I'm sure you know, so I think if anything's good about it, it's SOME of the writing, but I dunno, I think the direction was bad. Well, I don't like the whole movie at all, now that I think about it, though I guess it was important, even though it seemed like a bunch of indie movie cliches put together and made really ugly and ... rambling... sorry. Bad mood.

Anyway, Another Day.. and Bully are both tolerable, but have you seen what's up rockers? UGH! Might be worse than ken park, somehow!

I've seen some of his photos though and they're cool :)

loubarret 07.27.2010 06:49 AM

I said two years ago I never speak about what's up rockers again after a epic rant on a other board

noisereductions 07.27.2010 07:04 AM

Clark sucks.
Korrine is pretty good.
That's why Kids worked.

SONIC GAIL 07.27.2010 09:15 AM

Kids SUCKED I was the age they were"mimicking" my man was a skater i hung around with no one but skaters. That is not how REAL skaters act! It was so full of steriotypes. Yeah we liked drugs and sex and rebellion but not to such an incredulous point. The movie made people look down on skaters and treat them with more disreguard than they already get enough of. Harold Hunter RIP.

Rob Instigator 07.27.2010 09:31 AM

The best thing bout Kids is the sountrack yeah

noisereductions 07.27.2010 09:36 AM

the best thing about Kids is all the music in teh movie that's NOT on the soundtrack. Pfft.

noisereductions 07.27.2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Kids SUCKED I was the age they were"mimicking" my man was a skater i hung around with no one but skaters. That is not how REAL skaters act! It was so full of steriotypes. Yeah we liked drugs and sex and rebellion but not to such an incredulous point. The movie made people look down on skaters and treat them with more disreguard than they already get enough of. Harold Hunter RIP.

I don't think it was a movie about "what skaters are like". I think it was a movie about "don't get AIDS."

Rob Instigator 07.27.2010 09:38 AM

I think it was a movie about fake nihilism.

noisereductions 07.27.2010 09:43 AM

chaos theory

atsonicpark 07.27.2010 09:49 AM

bell from hell - 9/10

One of my all time favorites.

The director killed himself on the last day of shooting, ON THE SET.

noisereductions 07.27.2010 09:51 AM

^never heard of it.

SONIC GAIL 07.27.2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I don't think it was a movie about "what skaters are like". I think it was a movie about "don't get AIDS."

yr right, but that is not how it was presented to us before it came out we thought it was gonna be more about skateboarding. it was a good message and very brutally delivered. think i was only 16 or 17 still very naive about things

noisereductions 07.27.2010 09:58 AM

I think I was 15 when it came out and watched it. I dnt know I liekd it a lot then. I'd probably hate it now. THe characters were stereotypical BUT that was the point. They were over-the-top ridiculous characters. Not unlike the cast of The Real World or something XTREME that was hip at the time. Y'know?

loubarret 07.27.2010 10:33 AM

Well I was -2 till 7 in the 90's so mine memory of the 90's youthculture is most based on video images and stories. But kids just hit the point even been really MTV like(it was even a MTV movie), I can get all the hate but still I love it to death.

noisereductions 07.27.2010 10:36 AM

yeah I think it was good for what it is. It's basically our generation's REEFER MADNESS. People try to make it out to be something more than it is. It's just a "shocking" children-don't-do-THIS movie.

atsonicpark 07.27.2010 10:48 AM

Our generation's Reefer Madness is the Room.

Reefer Madness rules btw.

noisereductions 07.27.2010 10:54 AM

yr right. Kids is our generations version of that tv movie where Helen Hunt does angel dust and then jumps out the 2nd floor window of her highschool.