Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Derek 07.29.2010 04:58 PM

Yeah 10/10, it rules!

I need to watch more Giuseppe Andrews... I've only seen Touch Me in the Morning and Period Piece. Which reminds me I really should rewatch TMITM.

!@#$%! 07.29.2010 05:01 PM

lots of fun, especially if you speak spanish and/or like fútbol

noisereductions 07.29.2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
I've not seen any of the Evil Dead pseudo sequels but I know they're are plenty of them. Although their figures pale besides Italy's effective hijacking of the Emmanuelle franchise. That just got downright confusing.

There's at least 4 italian Evil Dead sequels... La Casa 3, 4, 5 and 7. You'd assume there'd be a La Casa 6, but I can't find any info on it. Obviously "La Casa" translates to "The House" which is what Evil Dead was titled there.

La Casa 3 - Ghosthouse - 1988 - Umberto Lenzi
La Casa 4 - Witchcraft - 1988 - Fabrizio Laurenti
La Casa 5 - 1988 - Claudio Fragasso
La Casa 7 - House III: The Horror Show - 1989 - David Blyth / James Isaac

Ghosthouse and Witchcraft I know have been released on DVD in US. Not sure about the others.

davenotdead 07.30.2010 03:09 AM

very highly recommended

FreshChops 07.30.2010 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I need to see that movie. I hope they're selling it in my local branch of HMV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBcvkbmtdZI

atsonicpark 07.30.2010 05:08 PM

diabolik - 8/10

actually really cool.

demonrail666 07.30.2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
There's at least 4 italian Evil Dead sequels... La Casa 3, 4, 5 and 7. You'd assume there'd be a La Casa 6, but I can't find any info on it. Obviously "La Casa" translates to "The House" which is what Evil Dead was titled there.

La Casa 3 - Ghosthouse - 1988 - Umberto Lenzi
La Casa 4 - Witchcraft - 1988 - Fabrizio Laurenti
La Casa 5 - 1988 - Claudio Fragasso
La Casa 7 - House III: The Horror Show - 1989 - David Blyth / James Isaac

Ghosthouse and Witchcraft I know have been released on DVD in US. Not sure about the others.

Ah, I didn't know Evil Dead was called 'House' in Italy. There's a great series of magazines called Delirium that lists all Italian films made during the 80s and it's hilarious seeing the lengths they went to pass a lot of their films off as sequels to major Hollywood hits. Not just horror films but vigilante stuff like Death Wish too.

GeneticKiss 07.30.2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

diabolik - 8/10

actually really cool.

Saw this in the last episode (I think?) of MST3K. Wasn't impressed.

atsonicpark 07.30.2010 08:11 PM

Yeah, a movie isn't very impressive when all the best parts are cut out of a badly dubbed poor print with 3 people talking over the whole thing.

But it's a great film, if you like ridiculous stylish fast-paced pop art Eurospy masterpieces.

viewtiful alan redux 07.30.2010 11:38 PM

7.5/10
It was good.. but, just as I feared.. it was basically a live action version of the graphic novel.. nothing was really added to enhance it. It was well done, but it just didn't excite me.

Keeping It Simple 07.31.2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

diabolik - 8/10

actually really cool.

I just discovered Ennio Morricone did the music. It's worth watching just to listen to his music.

TheFoxBen 07.31.2010 09:34 AM

Had a double-feature yesterday and rewatched:

and

both 9/10. I know most people like The Dark Knight better but I think they are both amazing. Of course, TDK is better because of the AWESOME action scenes, the very well-written screenplay and the performances pulled off by both Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart but Batman Begins had Liam Neeson being all badass and while the movie's plot is way simpler, it succeeded in entertaining me. What makes the charm of it is that it's somewhat less serious than TDK and that the comedic punchlines actually WORK ! In TDK, I found some of those punchlines a bit too misplaced for my taste but hey, it's a way more serious and classier movie. Christian Bale is actually a total badass, he gets to drive a Lamborghini and fucking crash it into a van and doesn't give a shit because he's Bruce Wayne and he buys hotels and shit. Anyway, TDK seemed better than on the first viewing and watching the two movies in a row is a cool thing (and it's not because it shows how much better TDK is !)

Finally, my point is: Batman is the best superhero of all time.

Count Mecha 07.31.2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

diabolik - 8/10

actually really cool.

If you didn't see him, he's there.

atsonicpark 07.31.2010 10:46 AM

haha love that line.

GeneticKiss 07.31.2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
Had a double-feature yesterday and rewatched:

and

both 9/10. I know most people like The Dark Knight better but I think they are both amazing. Of course, TDK is better because of the AWESOME action scenes, the very well-written screenplay and the performances pulled off by both Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart but Batman Begins had Liam Neeson being all badass and while the movie's plot is way simpler, it succeeded in entertaining me. What makes the charm of it is that it's somewhat less serious than TDK and that the comedic punchlines actually WORK ! In TDK, I found some of those punchlines a bit too misplaced for my taste but hey, it's a way more serious and classier movie. Christian Bale is actually a total badass, he gets to drive a Lamborghini and fucking crash it into a van and doesn't give a shit because he's Bruce Wayne and he buys hotels and shit. Anyway, TDK seemed better than on the first viewing and watching the two movies in a row is a cool thing (and it's not because it shows how much better TDK is !)

Finally, my point is: Batman is the best superhero of all time.

The only problem I ever had with Batman Begins was Katie Holmes.

atsonicpark 07.31.2010 02:42 PM

I think Batman Begins is horrible. I'd rather watch the Schumacher films over that film, at least they're entertaining. Dark Knight is quite good though it gets ridiculous by the end.

Derek 07.31.2010 03:41 PM

Batman Begins is boring... as a lifetime Batman fan I was disappointed. I liked The Dark Knight but it didn't have the Batman atmosphere the other movies had.

I still think the best Batman movie is Mask of the Phantasm but sadly most people won't see that one cause it's not a 500 million dollar live action feature.

atsonicpark 07.31.2010 03:59 PM

Yeah, Mask of Phantasm and Batman (1989) are the best.

Derek 07.31.2010 04:07 PM

Agreed 100%.

People look at me funny when I say Mark Hamill did the best Joker.

Ghostchase 07.31.2010 04:17 PM

I was raised on Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns, so all this hype surrounding Begins and The Dark Knight can gtfo