Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Count Mecha 08.01.2010 02:50 AM

I prefer those first two movies, I think the way I tend to look at the performances of who played Batman that Michael Keaton made the best Batman while Christian Bale was the best Bruce Wayne. Though I heard Val Kilmer was Bob Kane's favorite.

But Michael Keaton rules so hard, he'll always be my favorite.

Keeping It Simple 08.01.2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I think Batman Begins is horrible. I'd rather watch the Schumacher films over that film, at least they're entertaining. Dark Knight is quite good though it gets ridiculous by the end.

You must be a fan of Xmas pantomimes, as they were very much like them.

atsonicpark 08.01.2010 07:34 AM

I like entertainment, yeah. So?

demonrail666 08.01.2010 11:00 AM

8/10. Probably my favourite Fulci film.

!@#$%! 08.01.2010 11:49 AM

antonioni's "l'eclisse"

what a beautifully shot movie. fucking extraordinary. love it that it's hard to read too. will rewatch today w/ the commentary track on the criterion dvd.

noisereductions 08.01.2010 04:36 PM

demonrail666 08.01.2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
antonioni's "l'eclisse"

what a beautifully shot movie. fucking extraordinary. love it that it's hard to read too. will rewatch today w/ the commentary track on the criterion dvd.

YES YES YES! An 11/10 if anything is.

Keeping It Simple 08.01.2010 05:52 PM

Alain Delon has always impressed me for being the double of James Dean in the looks department.

atsonicpark 08.01.2010 07:41 PM

Antonioni is one of my favorite directors of all time. I think all of his films are masterpieces in one way or another (with the possible exclusion of Zabriskie Point, which at least has a really weird soundtrack). The Red Desert in particular.. whoa.

cryptowonderdruginvogue 08.01.2010 08:26 PM

sonic sphere 08.02.2010 05:58 AM

Rob Instigator 08.02.2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFoxBen
Had a double-feature yesterday and rewatched:

and

both 9/10. I know most people like The Dark Knight better but I think they are both amazing. Of course, TDK is better because of the AWESOME action scenes, the very well-written screenplay and the performances pulled off by both Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart but Batman Begins had Liam Neeson being all badass and while the movie's plot is way simpler, it succeeded in entertaining me. What makes the charm of it is that it's somewhat less serious than TDK and that the comedic punchlines actually WORK ! In TDK, I found some of those punchlines a bit too misplaced for my taste but hey, it's a way more serious and classier movie. Christian Bale is actually a total badass, he gets to drive a Lamborghini and fucking crash it into a van and doesn't give a shit because he's Bruce Wayne and he buys hotels and shit. Anyway, TDK seemed better than on the first viewing and watching the two movies in a row is a cool thing (and it's not because it shows how much better TDK is !)

Finally, my point is: Batman is the best superhero of all time.

cannot reppp any more......

EVOLghost 08.02.2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
Agreed 100%.

People look at me funny when I say Mark Hamill did the best Joker.

are you kdding me? He IS the joker. I mean....when I played the new batman game...I was so in love with it because it had the voices from the Animated series...and yes Mark hAMILL is the best joker....

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.02.2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue

Tell me more?

sonic sphere 08.03.2010 05:05 AM

atsonicpark 08.03.2010 05:34 AM

just watched a badass plastikman doc

Rob Instigator 08.03.2010 08:38 AM

people! please add a little blurb about what you've watched! I find it informative!

viewtiful alan redux 08.03.2010 02:41 PM

On Blu Ray:

10/10
Two of the best concerts ever filmed, by two of the best performers to ever live, in the highest quality possible (I guess). You can't go wrong.

6/10
You will laugh. The cast is great, the jokes are mostly solid, but its one of those comedies that gets sort of tiresome by the end. By the times the credits are rolling, you are deffinitley ready for it to be over. I haven't seen the original, so I have no point of reference (thought it was worth noting)

7.5/10
Classic Lupin fun. If you want a fun, nonconvoluted animated movie, look no further (but check out Castle of Cagliostro first).

fugazifan 08.03.2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
antonioni's "l'eclisse"

i recently saw lavventura and was blown away. i really want to see leclisse, but i think you are supposed to see la notte first, and i dont feel like seeing it.

Rob Instigator 08.03.2010 03:11 PM

8/10. I enjoyed it and as always the visuals are amazing, but the thing started to drag .

*Edity, bumped it up to 8/10