Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Rob Instigator 08.05.2010 02:39 PM

when I watched Fargo at the theater when it came out, the audience was loving it, but I was the ONLY ONE who busted out laughing HARD when homecheese blurts out "Yr a very special lady!"

HAHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA to this day I laugh and laugh. No one else was laughing.

Count Mecha 08.05.2010 02:49 PM

Seriously no one laughed? That part is so funny and awkward and the fact that it's so awkward makes it even funnier. That movie is a riot. I can't imagine anyone not laughing at it.

sonic sphere 08.05.2010 03:14 PM

atsonicpark 08.05.2010 04:51 PM

:)/10

viewtiful alan redux 08.05.2010 04:58 PM

Pic problems

noisereductions 08.05.2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere

6/10

Dr. Eugene Felikson 08.05.2010 07:25 PM

Out of all the characters in Ghost World, I find myself relating to Seymour most... and I'm not even too big of a jazzhead. The entire cast is at their best, but Buscemi definitely steals the show for me. I'd love to read the comics/graphic novel(s?) one day.

Count Mecha 08.05.2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Out of all the characters in Ghost World, I find myself relating to Seymour most... and I'm not even too big of a jazzhead. The entire cast is at their best, but Buscemi definitely steals the show for me. I'd love to read the comics/graphic novel(s?) one day.

They're pretty good, but they're alot different, or at least pretty noticeably different. Seymour is barely in it. His role is pretty much confined to the milkshake prank.

Perfect movie.

TheFoxBen 08.05.2010 07:56 PM

Wow ! I loved Ghost World !!! I should rewatch it one of these days :)

EVOLghost 08.05.2010 08:09 PM

uhh I figured I can ask here.....Anyone know of any anime movies like Mind Game? I'm really bored right now.

viewtiful alan redux 08.05.2010 10:10 PM

4.5/10
Other than the guy who played Kim Fowley this was a piece of crap. the screenwriting didn't make much sense, stewart doesn't really try, and fanning just isn't that good.
Lame

ann ashtray 08.05.2010 10:43 PM

Original (1978) version of Dawn of the Dead. Quite possibly the best zombie flick ever,ever, ever.

alteredcourse 08.05.2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful alan redux

4.5/10
Other than the guy who played Kim Fowley this was a piece of crap. the screenwriting didn't make much sense, stewart doesn't really try, and fanning just isn't that good.
Lame

Havent seen it so I cant say anything about screenwriting, but from what I gather from newspaper headlines, isnt stewart not trying and fanning merely being there part of their "mystique"=sales?

I saw Bad Biology based on how I didnt even realize that Henenlotter had made another film until I saw it appear in these pages. Brain Damage is definitely one of my favorite films, and Basket Case is great.

Its so obviously over the top, but the overall feel of it, something I cant explain, keeps it from being a throwaway. It's definitely nowhere as good as the classics, but something about it is just so funny and honest. It might not penetrate too deep (:)), but I've never seen a point of view come remotely close as Jennifer's, and I just plain enjoyed it.

atsonicpark 08.06.2010 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
uhh I figured I can ask here.....Anyone know of any anime movies like Mind Game? I'm really bored right now.

Almost anything by Satoshi Kon..

GHOST WORLD:
I always looked at it as Thora Birch's character would become Buscemi's character if she stayed in the town.. cold and distant, lifeless and unhappy... they're two sides of the same coin now, he's just older.

Rob Instigator 08.06.2010 08:57 AM

and she's more luscious

Ghostchase 08.06.2010 01:30 PM

Yeah, I gotta watch Paprika already! *downloads*

Count Mecha 08.06.2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
GHOST WORLD:
I always looked at it as Thora Birch's character would become Buscemi's character if she stayed in the town.. cold and distant, lifeless and unhappy... they're two sides of the same coin now, he's just older.

I think that's probably the best way to look at it. They were both forced to live in a world they didn't really understand, with all of these people that really didn't make sense to them. And they both just found different ways to deal with it. Enid just kind of made fun of it all, whereas Seymour just collected records because he couldn't invest love and energy into people. He had to put that somewhere, so he put it into records instead.

If I remember correctly the book says what happens to Enid after she leaves town.

Rob Instigator 08.06.2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Yeah, I gotta watch Paprika already! *downloads*

PAPRIKA is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghostchase 08.06.2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
PAPRIKA is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been on my "To Watch List" FOREVER! The storyline certainly seems intriguing, I'm very excited to watch this finally.

EVOLghost 08.07.2010 06:29 PM

I enjoyed it. ending was quite sad....at least from a realist point of view, I think.