Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

!@#$%! 03.06.2019 04:58 PM

goddamn 9 minutes extra guilty ref knew what he did

h8kurdt 03.06.2019 05:03 PM

Things like that highlight the faults in VAR. Generally I'm for it, but when something like that has to be slowed down to stupid levels whilst not taking into account body position etc it just ends up making people not want VAR.

h8kurdt 03.06.2019 05:07 PM

A former ref in bt sport has said it was a 100% penalty. Clearly he's an idiot.

!@#$%! 03.06.2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
A former ref in bt sport has said it was a 100% penalty. Clearly he's an idiot.

someone has to appease the popular rage

then again people in whats the name of that town probably agree

salford

!@#$%! 03.06.2019 05:31 PM

porto knocking out roma on a var penalty right now

Bertrand 03.07.2019 03:08 PM

Ajax through: it made me so glad
PSG out: the same, almost

Rennes winning against Arsenal a few minutes ago (3-1), "my" team winning against Arsenal... so good again...

!@#$%! 03.08.2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand
Ajax through: it made me so glad
PSG out: the same, almost

Rennes winning against Arsenal a few minutes ago (3-1), "my" team winning against Arsenal... so good again...

wow, saw your post about rennes the other day and this is a reminder. congrats.

so what's the team's big secret?

!@#$%! 03.08.2019 12:51 PM

and speaking of arsenal, interesting prem matches this weekend
- man u on the up and up (with the help of var but still)
- what if burnley punks liverpool? (likely given liverpool's recent downward streak)
- chelsea wolves should be fun... especially if wolves win (but i'd feel bad for sarri)

demonrail666 03.09.2019 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and speaking of arsenal, interesting prem matches this weekend
- man u on the up and up (with the help of var but still)
- what if burnley punks liverpool? (likely given liverpool's recent downward streak)
- chelsea wolves should be fun... especially if wolves win (but i'd feel bad for sarri)

Whatever happens at Chelsea from now on, Sarri's pretty much exempt from any blame. Everyone knows he isn't the problem there. Although hope they win today, just because it keeps Wolves within catching distance for West Ham.

demonrail666 03.09.2019 11:13 AM

Cardiff 2-0 West Ham. This is fucking bollocks!!

!@#$%! 03.09.2019 11:42 AM

o man. that’s a surprise...

i just watched dortmund beat stuttgart. it was not a great game but dortmund woke up in the end.

but bayern and dortmund now on a dead heat for the title. same points, but bayern leapt ahead by goal difference. yikes!

h8kurdt 03.09.2019 12:44 PM

I went to sleep knowing that Everton were 2-0 up. I went on to have a dream where Everton ended up losing the game. Rushed to my phone to find that it also happened in this thing we call real life -_-

Least Spurs span their magic once again.

!@#$%! 03.09.2019 01:02 PM

oh shit man...

demonrail666 03.09.2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I went to sleep knowing that Everton were 2-0 up. I went on to have a dream where Everton ended up losing the game. Rushed to my phone to find that it also happened in this thing we call real life -_-

Least Spurs span their magic once again.

I watched the West Ham game but kept an ear on what was happening at Everton. I dunno what's worse ... a team simply not turning up (West Ham) or throwing it away (Everton).

At least neither of us support Spurs. Something I always fall back on, even when they win.

choc e-Claire 03.09.2019 02:49 PM

In the Australian competition last night, the Central Coast Mariners lost 8-2 - for the second time in twelve months.

h8kurdt 03.09.2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
I watched the West Ham game but kept an ear on what was happening at Everton. I dunno what's worse ... a team simply not turning up (West Ham) or throwing it away (Everton).

At least neither of us support Spurs. Something I always fall back on, even when they win.

The now very realistic possibility of them not finishing in the top 5 would be incredible. All it all started when Kane came back. Suspect they've rushed him back without realising they were coping just fine without him. A couple more weeks for him to get back to 100% would have been more than doable.

h8kurdt 03.09.2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
In the Australian competition last night, the Central Coast Mariners lost 8-2 - for the second time in twelve months.

There's a guy in the guardian who does football comic strips every week. Usually they're based around English football. However, he lives in Australia so does a separate strip based around Australian football. Honestly, most of the time the jokes fly right over my head.

SUre you'll get a kick out of it

choc e-Claire 03.09.2019 07:11 PM

David Squires is not only a better cartoonist than most, he's a better football writer. I follow him on Twitter and he's gold.

Was a fan of Emourinho.

!@#$%! 03.09.2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
David Squires is not only a better cartoonist than most, he's a better football writer. I follow him on Twitter and he's gold.

holy shit

that’s no lie

https://www.theguardian.com/football...vid-squires-on

thanks!

!@#$%! 03.10.2019 07:09 AM

hoooooleeeee sheeeeettttt

—-

ok back to normal

eta: salah and mane are great but liverpool has no substitute for firmino

PETER CROUCH? what year is this???