Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

demonrail666 05.28.2019 02:36 AM

Let's just say I'll believe it when I see it.

demonrail666 05.28.2019 03:57 AM

Looking like scumbag Ashley might finally be selling Newcastle.

h8kurdt 05.29.2019 12:21 PM

Both Andy Carroll and Nasri are to leave West Ham. How you feeling demo? Relief? Sadness? The joy only a school child can feel?

Also, anyone watching the Europa League final tonight?

demonrail666 05.29.2019 12:40 PM

No feelings at all about Nasri but some sadness about Carroll. Very complicated relationship to the club. Brought in by Sam and was the embodiment of his neanderthal style, and his injury record speaks for itself. But he always gave 100% when he did play for us and was actually a better, more versatile player than the stereotypes suggest. I actually feel most sorry for him. He should've had a better career than his injuries allowed.

And he's just one of those people it's difficult to really dislike.

And yep. Off to the Chinese now to pick up my large chicken chow mein, curry sauce and spare ribs, ready for the Euros final. Livin' the dream

!@#$%! 05.29.2019 01:20 PM

dammit, im so hungry.... no chinese restaurants near but i got some soy sauce in the cupboard

fml....

demonrail666 05.29.2019 02:01 PM

Lots of empty seats at the stadium. Crazy that two teams 5 miles apart having to travel almost 3000 miles to play each other.

!@#$%! 05.29.2019 02:07 PM

i know you spoke of eras dominated by real/barca, but 4 teams from the same country in the european finals? 3 from london alone... is there a precedent?

anyway im lucky to have tuned in this year

!@#$%! 05.29.2019 02:10 PM

auba kinda threw that chance away...

demonrail666 05.29.2019 02:19 PM

not convinced that wasn't a pen

!@#$%! 05.29.2019 02:39 PM

lacazette getting hacked a lot today

!@#$%! 05.29.2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666

holy shit yeah he did not touch the ball!

h8kurdt 05.29.2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666

Swear Savage isn't actually watching the game given how many wrong things he's said.

Flat game it must be said. Couple of nice chances for both sides but nothing special.

!@#$%! 05.29.2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Swear Savage isn't actually watching the game given how many wrong things he's said.

Flat game it must be said. Couple of nice chances for both sides but nothing special.

õ_Ô

just jinxed poor arsenal!

shit... 4-1 now... and counting...

!@#$%! 05.29.2019 03:50 PM

arsenal had several good chances in first half but did not finish them right

now again, tons of chances, all missed

next year they could use lewandowski or something...

fuck, poor arsenal

the chelsea finishes though... wowowow

se acabó

choc e-Claire 05.29.2019 08:57 PM

So, apologies for ignoring the Champions League final that I'm sure you're all hyped about, but: Women's World Cup? Anyone looking forward to it? Predictions?

!@#$%! 05.29.2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
So, apologies for ignoring the Champions League final that I'm sure you're all hyped about, but: Women's World Cup? Anyone looking forward to it? Predictions?

no worries, today was europa league final, aka the runts :D

champions final is on saturday. liverpool v. spurs. total english monopoly: they might not have won the world cup, but their professional teams absolutely have conquered all.

(i think in today’s game there was just 1 english person on the pitch)

im not following the ongoing U20 world cup in poland nor will i watch a lot of the women’s world cup in france this summer. i might catch some games once it gets interesting but last year i took a month off to eat, drink, get fat, and watch the whoooooooole world cup. like traveling, but better.

this summer i need some recovery...

demonrail666 05.29.2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i know you spoke of eras dominated by real/barca, but 4 teams from the same country in the european finals? 3 from london alone... is there a precedent?

anyway im lucky to have tuned in this year

1st time it's ever happened apparently.

I don't imagine it'll happen again (or regularly, at least) but fair to say the hype that's been surrounding the Prem for years is finally starting to translate into actual success. I actually don't want English teams to continue to dominate to this extent. I'd like to see one in each final but a total close-out does make it a bit less interesting. As a one-off though, it's great. If only as a statement.

h8kurdt 05.30.2019 03:18 AM

Glad Chelsea won tbh. I've hated the amount of stick Sarri has been getting even after what he's achieved with them in his first season. Surely Chelsea fans rank as the worst fans out there. Anyway, not a final that'll go down in history for sure. Then again isn't it the usual way that the semis are amazing and the final never matches expectations? Hope that doesn't ring true for the Saturday game.

Off to Scotland for a few days but I'll be back for the champions league final!

h8kurdt 05.30.2019 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

Only watching if Fran Kirby is playing for England. I'm also going to be biased and say England will win the cup. Fingers crossed anyway.

choc e-Claire 05.30.2019 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Only watching if Fran Kirby is playing for England. I'm also going to be biased and say England will win the cup. Fingers crossed anyway.

She's in the squad at least, so chances are good. Any reason her specifically?

You've got a fair shot at it - you should qualify from the group stage; Scotland and Argentina will be fairly easy but Japan are a handful. If you win the group you should have an easy Round of 16 game, but otherwise you'll probably end up with Canada.

(One of the things I love about the WWC is that Australia and England are pretty evenly matched)