Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

!@#$%! 06.22.2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Real bummer for Australia. I had hoped they would go through, but indeed Norway was the better team.

guess who just won some money!

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire

Either way, we're going to lose in the round of 16 :(

condolences for the game, congrats for the prediction

choc e-Claire 06.22.2019 05:41 PM

I think the Dutch are one of my favourites left in the tournament, and they're a team I like that might actually win - the issue is that you play Japan in the Round of 16, and I think I've gotta go for them - Asian solidarity, you get me? :D

_tunic_ 06.23.2019 06:51 AM

I did not see much of Japan, only people talking that usually they are a top team, but this time they've been a bit disappointing. Let's hope they keep on being like that :D
But if they weren't playing against us, I would be for them as well, I always like the underdogs, and in male football they usually are. So for me it anything but France or Germany. Definitely not Germany ;)

The heat will play a very big part later this week too. The team who is most resilient against the heatwave will get the best chance to get through....
(at least I assume that the weather in France will be similar to where I live, haven't checked)

_tunic_ 06.23.2019 11:34 AM

Lol Cameroon refused to continue to play after the VAR concluded the second English goal was no offside

h8kurdt 06.23.2019 11:53 AM

And then cries of racism from the team. Absolutely mental game this.

Not England's fault Cameroon don't know the rules

demonrail666 06.23.2019 12:54 PM

So that was the 1st full game I've watched. Have they all been as fucked up as that?

!@#$%! 06.23.2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
So that was the 1st full game I've watched. Have they all been as fucked up as that?

demonrail666 06.23.2019 02:31 PM

My 1st full game of this Women's World Cup

!@#$%! 06.23.2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

oh. what happened?

catching up with a bit of fra-bra before i hit the road

_tunic_ 06.23.2019 03:44 PM

Stop watching fra-bra and watch what the camalooneys did. No don't stop because this is a much better match

Camalooneys did spit on a Brits arm, push the referee in the back with both arms, went on strike two times or more and made many foul unnecessary attacks. And they didn't understand the VAR. And as far as I recall most if not all VAR decisions were accurate

_tunic_ 06.23.2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Good choice :D. Read what I wrote about yesterdays match. This was perhaps the worst one, they will definitely not win the Fair Play Award

There were some situations in their match against the Dutch as well. But not as bad as tonight. Search the web for a movie about a waterbottle ;)

!@#$%! 06.23.2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Stop watching fra-bra and watch what the camalooneys did. No don't stop because this is a much better match

Camalooneys did spit on a Brits arm, push the referee in the back with both arms, went on strike two times or more and made many foul unnecessary attacks. And they didn't understand the VAR. And as far as I recall most if not all VAR decisions were accurate

ooooh what the shit? hahaha. damn... unusual/unexpected, it’s not like cameroon is new at world cups.

bra-fra: i had to get back on the road at halftime, and just got home, so i missed the second half plus the recap of the cameroon circus they were promising. but the interwebs shall deliver...

from the short time i saw, france looked good and brasil playing dirty, but now let’s see the scores....

2-1 seems fair.

ok now to look for cameroon videos hahaha.

choc e-Claire 06.25.2019 02:01 PM

Apologies Tunic, but I'm going for Japan today - gotta have an Asian team to prevent Europe from dominating.

_tunic_ 06.25.2019 03:31 PM

Perfectly understandabe. Nonetheless I will never speak to you anymore, you are on my ignore list :D

(smiley means I'm joking)

!@#$%! 06.25.2019 03:34 PM

is the weight of the ball in the women’s game the same as the menzes? official #5?

h8kurdt 06.25.2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Apologies Tunic, but I'm going for Japan today - gotta have an Asian team to prevent Europe from dominating.

Gutted for Japan. They didn't deserve to lose that one.

!@#$%! 06.25.2019 03:59 PM

ref was paid

_tunic_ 06.25.2019 04:02 PM

Google translation of a Dutch expression:

chopping across the ditch

_tunic_ 06.25.2019 04:08 PM

Japan should have won. They had plenty of opportunities to score in the second half, the Dutch got a vey lucky perhaps even questionable penalty

_tunic_ 06.25.2019 04:25 PM

It's like we were Germany at the men's football. They always score at the last minute

The above expression means: heels across the ditch

Skin of their teeth?