Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Keeping It Simple 03.20.2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
being the twat you are, youi might like this one all right

Yeah, I already said I liked it. The big clue was "as I loved playing the original RE5." You're such an idiot.

phoenix 03.20.2010 08:39 AM

slavo isn't an idiot he is lovely.

floatingslowly 03.20.2010 10:56 AM

oh, happy day!

it's on.

EVOLghost 03.20.2010 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I bought a copy of this today. I couldn't resist as I loved playing the original RE5.

I am no longer used to the controls of this game and just completely quit...Though I seen all the cut scenes the story does seem alright. I'm just waiting for my burnt copy of FF13...

alteredcourse 03.20.2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auto-aim
DOTT is classic! How's I have no mouth... ? been tempted for that for a while.

Oh !

It's great. Tempted? Easy to find a torrent + download.

From the beginning I was impressed at the story and the set up. 5 people in different torture chambers floating around, suspended by an angry supercomputer at the centre of hell, in all its pixelated glory?
I was actually shocked that the first thing they had me do (I chose the nazi character) was hack off the spine of an 8 year old boy. What?

I havent played a point + click from days of yore in so long, it was interesting (frustrating) to remember playing something where there is ONE very rigid solution to the problem, and you better click the fuck out of everything until you get it.

Now to get the book. I've been trying to find it since I was 19 and this old guy on a bus got me interested. I cant really order stuff online, and I havent been able to find it around town. Weird, considering how famous it is.

They say Harlan Ellison actually had a lot of involvement in making the game, too, by the way.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.20.2010 12:54 PM

Still playing it through for the 2nd time, I haven't beat the game since I was a youngin'. I haven't been too committed lately, just playing it here, and there.

I wish I had more time to play all of the games I own. So many classics, just waiting to be re-discovered. It truly is a pity.

floatingslowly 03.20.2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afonso
Hello,

We're pleased to confirm your purchase of Dawn of War - SoulStorm.
our download links and activation key are below letting you download and install your game.

with one module, you can only play Sisters of Battle and Dark Eldar in multiplayer. fuck Dark Eldar, they're pussies. play some single player Sisters and get used to their strengths and weaknesses. note: Living Saint has no weakness.

I like Space Marines for multiplayer because they are easily customized for battle depending on how you load out the squads. most of the top players play Chaos. you need the first Dawn of War for those. Soulstorm is the best place to start though.

please let me know when you're ready!

Keeping It Simple 03.20.2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix

Ok, we'll compromise. He's a lovely idiot.

Keeping It Simple 03.20.2010 04:14 PM

Good news for Dragon Age fans! An expansion pack is out titled Awakening.

floatingslowly 03.21.2010 02:35 PM

I'm set up and can play multiplayer at any time.

Malefactorum is my name.

email if you want to play? or set time? I'd give you my cell but that's 'spensive.

auto-aim 03.21.2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
Oh !

From the beginning I was impressed at the story and the set up. 5 people in different torture chambers floating around, suspended by an angry supercomputer at the centre of hell, in all its pixelated glory?
I was actually shocked that the first thing they had me do (I chose the nazi character) was hack off the spine of an 8 year old boy. What?

I havent played a point + click from days of yore in so long, it was interesting (frustrating) to remember playing something where there is ONE very rigid solution to the problem, and you better click the fuck out of everything until you get it.

Now to get the book. I've been trying to find it since I was 19 and this old guy on a bus got me interested. I cant really order stuff online, and I havent been able to find it around town. Weird, considering how famous it is.

They say Harlan Ellison actually had a lot of involvement in making the game, too, by the way.

Ah cool, cheers man. I think you might have inspired me to search for a download somewhere right now. and considering I can't afford anything at the moment. I was always interested - just for the title alone, though i think it might be more interesting to play through than read - if it's like the same script. I've always loved point and clicks also. The monkey islands are some of my favourite games ever.

_slavo_ 03.21.2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix

thanks my kangarooland friend

alteredcourse 03.22.2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auto-aim
inspired me to search

: D

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/3718...1_cd%29_-1995-

http://www.scummvm.org/

http://www.poweriso.com/

for getting it going,
http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcIi/IhaveNoMth.htm
if you want to see the game thru but have the patience of a 5 yr old boy. Dont forget to feed your heart to a jackal and to walk through a wall of tortured faces.

BTW keeping it simple, thanks for the heads up, I fucking love dragon age. Will be looking for the update soon.

pbradley 03.22.2010 01:38 AM

System Shock.

FreshChops 03.22.2010 10:42 PM

...... there is some serious favoritism towards retro and vintage games here!

Count Mecha 03.23.2010 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alteredcourse
Oh !

I had downloaded I Have No Mouth several years ago but couldn't really get it to work. So I kind of gave up on it. I think this was before I discovered DosBox. But I'd just kind of forgotten about it for a while. Thanks for the reinvigorated interest, point n' clicks are the best.

If you haven't read the story, it's pretty easy to find online:

http://www.surfturk.com/endoftheworld/ihavenomouth.html

It's not terribly long. Great story though.

But yeah, Harlan did have quite a bit to do with the game. There's a hilarious interview about it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8yzK7bfVwI

shabbray2.0 03.23.2010 05:26 AM

started to play this after being totally blown away by devil survivor.
I really like it, even if I think that the gameplay system (battles) from survivor is far superior to this title, its way more balanced and challenging.
I think I will buy Nocturne (lucifers call in europe) next cause its hits the graphical spot I am weak in thanks to killer7 (really minimalistic cell shading). read somewhere that DDS uses the same engine and they are pretty cheap aroud here....
btw did anybody played devil summoner?

Keeping It Simple 03.23.2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0

started to play this after being totally blown away by devil survivor.
I really like it, even if I think that the gameplay system (battles) from survivor is far superior to this title, its way more balanced and challenging.
I think I will buy Nocturne (lucifers call in europe) next cause its hits the graphical spot I am weak in thanks to killer7 (really minimalistic cell shading). read somewhere that DDS uses the same engine and they are pretty cheap aroud here....
btw did anybody played devil summoner?

Yeah, I did. In my opinion it's the weakest and most forgettable of SMT titles I've played. I've read that the sequel is an improvement. How much of an improvement I can't say as it wasn't released in Europe.

shabbray2.0 03.23.2010 05:46 PM

^^thanks, already thought that.
I think my next purchase will be nocturne, seems to be pretty interesting. or DDS, because they are both cheap/new available around here.
maybe persone 3 fes...haha I am not that sure yet

phoenix 03.24.2010 01:56 AM

*day job*

This level is okay, today seems more fast paced than usual though. Hooray for 27 cup quarters with one blender.