Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

choc e-Claire 10.14.2019 07:37 PM

For those interested in football and potential geopolitical consequences, there's a North Korea v South Korea game in Pyongyang tonight.

h8kurdt 10.15.2019 03:45 AM

Think the England game against Bulgaria last night was more of a firecracker. Bullshit cunt racist Bulgarian fans nearly got the game abandoned. On top of that the Bulgarian coach tried to act all innocent saying he didn't he anything. He was probably the only one who didn't.

The act of protest for the players seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't. Should the England players have walked off, or would have been seen as a win for the racist fans?

choc e-Claire 10.15.2019 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Should the England players have walked off, or would have been seen as a win for the racist fans?

I'm thinking they'll stop seeing it as a win when they're docked competitive points. You'd like to think that racists would shut up when they realise that they're punishing their team, but...you never know.

h8kurdt 10.16.2019 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
For those interested in football and potential geopolitical consequences, there's a North Korea v South Korea game in Pyongyang tonight.

About as many consequences as a mouse farting at a funeral.

_tunic_ 10.16.2019 04:24 AM

Dutch football club Vitesse has a Russian guy as a coach. His name is Leonid Slutsky and he has the worldwide best instagram page :D
Before Vitesse he was the coach of Hull for half a year where he didn't do so well, fortunately for him he has a better track record with Vitesse so far.

Quote:

You'd like to think that racists would shut up when they realise that they're punishing their team, but...you never know.
They are football supporters, they have no brain :p
(or there is too much alcohol or other substances in it so that it doesn't work properly anymore)

edit:
I've been following the worldcup rugby these last few weeks, it's so amazing how those players, fans and referees interact with each other when compared to football. Players actually listen to the referee, and don't insult them.

!@#$%! 10.19.2019 07:59 AM

enjoying the west ham vs. everton 2nd half (missed the first one)

nice and lively and seen some thrilling shots so far

!@#$%! 10.19.2019 08:21 AM

wow that 2nd goal was great and had been coming

still dont know what the problem was with mina’s header

oh, he now leaves hurt? damn

h8kurdt 10.19.2019 08:24 AM

That Mina goal not being allowed is just baffling. Bet Liverpool would never have had that problem #notbitter. Sorry demo, but Everton were desperately needing that win. I can breathe a sigh of relief now!

demonrail666 10.19.2019 09:05 AM

Yeah, can't work out why the Mina goal didn't stand. Either way Everton deserved the win; they were the better team by far. West Ham have been decent for most of the season so far but for whatever reason they were really poor today.

!@#$%! 10.20.2019 11:10 AM

shit.

cmon liverpool

fuck!

lallana at last!

!@#$%! 10.20.2019 12:27 PM

man u defended well, scored when they had a chance, almost took it all, but luckily they didn’t. whew!

var calls were fucked for me as well.

choc e-Claire 10.25.2019 05:08 PM

Saw a Southampton-Leicester post on Twitter, did a double take, and literally googled it to check if it was true. Holy shit :D

h8kurdt 10.25.2019 08:05 PM

Oof, that's a bad result for southspamton. Not sure how you can capitulate like that tbh

Everton:hold my beer

!@#$%! 10.25.2019 08:54 PM

holy fuck 9-0 that’s like a school game... or brazil xD

choc e-Claire 10.25.2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
holy fuck 9-0 that’s like a school game... or brazil xD

Equal biggest win in Premier League history. And it's an away win, too...

demonrail666 10.26.2019 05:54 AM

It's the 'other' football but truly awesome performance from England against the All Blacks today to get into the WC Final. Big underdogs going into it but utterly dominant on the day. Sam Underhill, Maro Itoje, Tom Curry, all brilliant, but it's one of those where you shouldn't elevate individual players. A total team effort. Brilliant!

choc e-Claire 10.26.2019 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's the 'other' football but truly awesome performance from England against the All Blacks today to get into the WC Final.

Anyone who can beat on the Kiwis is alright in my book :D

h8kurdt 10.26.2019 07:59 AM

Really was an impressive performance and tbh, the score flattered New Zealand massively. England cricket world cup winners and Rugby winners in the same year? Truly leaders of the world *weeps patriotically*

h8kurdt 10.26.2019 11:04 AM

VAR can suck my dick

!@#$%! 10.26.2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
VAR can suck my dick

damn. and i skipped games today because i thought they’d all be easy contests.

saw the score. what happened?