Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

EMMAh 06.10.2006 04:15 PM

Why thanks :D
I like how thick they are. One is really short though because my friend lit my pants on fire and it melted. Stupid story.

Everyneurotic 06.10.2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
Why thanks :D
I like how thick they are. One is really short though because my friend lit my pants on fire and it melted. Stupid story.

hahaha, more like funny story...i like thick laces too, i have some stashed somewhere, i haven't used them, probably i will soon.

acousticrock87 06.10.2006 04:21 PM

I don't get the fascination with shoes. Even chucks. I just get low-end Nikes. Whatever I can find that looks decent for under $40. The ones I have now are actually kind of cool, though. They're sorta neo-retro-basketball. Red, white, and black. According to the internet they don't exist. I'm proud of them.

EMMAh 06.10.2006 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
hahaha, more like funny story...i like thick laces too, i have some stashed somewhere, i haven't used them, probably i will soon.

It was scary! My pants were all frayed so we were just sitting there bored, and burning all the little threads off. Then all of a sudden the flames got massive. It was funny, but I felt like a douche.
I really hate having thin laces for some reason, they bug me.

EMMAh 06.10.2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I don't get the fascination with shoes. Even chucks. I just get low-end Nikes. Whatever I can find that looks decent for under $40. The ones I have now are actually kind of cool, though. They're sorta neo-retro-basketball. Red, white, and black. According to the internet they don't exist. I'm proud of them.

I only like my chucks.
They're different from everyone else's and they're like the only shoes I have so they go everywhere with me. We have history :rolleyes:
I'm a loser.

king_buzzo 06.10.2006 04:27 PM

i have 2 pairs converses, one blue with black laces and one black and i have some random skating shoes. i hate converse nowdays though, theire expensive and they rip after like 5 months

Savage Clone 06.10.2006 04:28 PM

5 months is pretty good for Chucks.
I'm a boots guy generally.

Everyneurotic 06.10.2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

It was scary! My pants were all frayed so we were just sitting there bored, and burning all the little threads off. Then all of a sudden the flames got massive. It was funny, but I felt like a douche.
I really hate having thin laces for some reason, they bug me.

hahaha, i once almost burned a shoe like that!!! the fire kept extending, i can't remember how i put it out, probably stomped like crazy.

EMMAh 06.10.2006 04:31 PM

Yeah I was like, trying to step on my own leg to put it out hahah.

acousticrock87 06.10.2006 04:32 PM

That's mine. It looks small because it was taken with a widescreen camcorder and for some reason smashes the pictures horizontally. I really like them, even though they squeak and one sole is missing.

EMMAh 06.10.2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
5 months is pretty good for Chucks.
I'm a boots guy generally.

I've had mine for a year and a bit and they've still got lots of life in them. I wear them everyday too.

HaydenAsche 06.10.2006 04:43 PM

I've had canvas vans for a year and a half. I finally got new shoes yesterday. 6 bucks at Wal-mart.

Everyneurotic 06.10.2006 04:44 PM

i have a pair of generic red chucks but i don't use them much.

king_buzzo 06.10.2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

I've had mine for a year and a bit and they've still got lots of life in them. I wear them everyday too.

my feet are too big for chucks, thats why they fall apart too much. but ive got nothing else to wear they only sell jock shoes here

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 06.10.2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
my feet are too big for chucks, thats why they fall apart too much. but ive got nothing else to wear they only sell jock shoes here

Mine too. I pretty much have to wear boots.

umjammer atomsk 06.10.2006 04:51 PM

I wore my chucks for three years so they're totally destroyed. I wear a pair of Nunn Bush black suede formal shoes now.

Iain 06.10.2006 06:16 PM

If i get chucks then they last for 6 months of everyday wear. Same goes for Dunlop Green Flash which are about as cheap. I just got a pair of Vans Prison Issue trainers...like this but minus the red trim:

luxinterior 06.10.2006 06:53 PM

My activewear shoes were the only ones I thought I could find on the internet. They are both relatively new:

At first I didn't want those, because I thought the gold part was glitter, and I wondered how that could possibly be functional. But it wasn't glitter. I think it's some kind of thin wiring...or something...I still can't really tell.

Basic black.

Danny Himself 06.10.2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxinterior

Basic black.

Ew, Reebok Classics? You chav! :p

HaydenAsche 06.10.2006 07:06 PM

What Teh Fuck Is A Chav????