Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

atsonicpark 11.28.2010 10:11 AM

going to get it then, my friend. You, murmer, me. (as in, the guy with the username me.... not ME, myself), poppin pimples, and a few others constantly surprise me with your great tastes. Thanks, all.

Going to watch this with my girlfriend and then go to bed (worked my ass of all night):

As most of you know, it's an all time classic film by a master director. I'm probably one of the few who thinks it's better than Chungking Express.

Any idea what that font is, anyone? Looks badass.

DanielCarlson 11.28.2010 01:37 PM

Simply great, I love Seijun Suzuki.

a-p a. niemi 11.28.2010 02:45 PM

GeneticKiss 11.29.2010 03:33 AM

Jackie Brown

7/10

Usually you can't go wrong with Quentin Tarantino, Samuel L. Jackson, and/or Robert De Niro. And this time Chris Tucker briefly came along for the ride. But this one was WAY TOO LONG. I understand the story took some time to develop, and some Tarantino films can run a little long, but usually they have an occasional burst of violence to pick the pace a little. Only 4 people got shot in this one, and all fairly far apart from one another. Some good music and dialog, but I have to say this is probably my least favorite QT film (at least Death Proof moved a bit faster).

AND

Megamind 3D

7/10

OK, for a while I was a bit skeptical regarding the resurgence of 3D movies, but in this case the visuals certainly did help an enjoyable yet predictable little flick. I went into this one completely blind, knowing nothing about the story, so I was a little "oh c'mon now, it's just Superman and Brainiac" regarding the exposition. But it got a little better as it wore on, though without spoiling too much I could see one major plot point a mile away. At one point, the villian tells the hero there's no Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny, and my girl and I were wondering what impact that might've had on any kids in the audience (remember, it's a family film)...

a-p a. niemi 11.29.2010 03:55 AM

cryptowonderdruginvogue 11.29.2010 04:18 AM

diamondsea 11.29.2010 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
going to get it then, my friend. You, murmer, me. (as in, the guy with the username me.... not ME, myself), poppin pimples, and a few others constantly surprise me with your great tastes. Thanks, all.

Going to watch this with my girlfriend and then go to bed (worked my ass of all night):

As most of you know, it's an all time classic film by a master director. I'm probably one of the few who thinks it's better than Chungking Express.

Any idea what that font is, anyone? Looks badass.

Fallen Angels - 10/10

Fallen Angels is by far Wong Kar-wai masterpiece. Originally conceived as a Chungking Express' third leg, but it's not a sequel and it's not a remake.
I think the director pushed many aspects to a further limit. Very dark movie in my opinion.

noisereductions 11.29.2010 08:30 AM

Tales From The Crypt (the first movie)... I don't remember it sucking so bad.

nicfit 11.29.2010 08:38 AM

Splice

pure shit, plotwise.

-3/10

SONIC GAIL 11.29.2010 09:33 AM

got liquored up with our friends and watched this last night:

atsonicpark 11.29.2010 09:43 AM

blankman? haha.

in the past few days:

Le lit de la vierge - 9/10

Mes petites amoureuses - 7/10

beijing bicycle - 8/10

la frontiere de l'aube - an extremely easy 10/10

SONIC GAIL 11.29.2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

blankman? haha.Fixed it:)

la frontiere de l'aube - an extremely easy 10/10 This looks really interesting

atsonicpark 11.29.2010 10:31 AM

It's fucking awesome. I sat and watched, in a complete daze. It blew my fucking mind. It's easy to find for download (with english subs). The girl in it is based on NICO.

SONIC GAIL 11.29.2010 10:40 AM

ill see if I can find it thanx adam:)

a-p a. niemi 11.29.2010 01:06 PM

atsonicpark 11.30.2010 01:26 AM

LOVE that movie.

a-p a. niemi 11.30.2010 01:51 AM

Quote:

LOVE that movie.

Yeah, it's one of my favorites by Kaurismäki

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.30.2010 03:16 AM

Episode I - The Phantom Menace - 6.5/10

Now I'm moving onto episodes II and III, which I've never seen before, but can only hope are more comparable to the original trilogy in quality.

atsonicpark 11.30.2010 03:19 AM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh... have fun with that one, hah.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.30.2010 03:43 AM

I know it's dangerous territory since Hayden Christensen is involved, but I'm going to go into them optimistically.

Episode I is so peculiar to me because I can't figure out who Lucas was catering towards. The plot of unfair trading taxes, and import/export bans is too dull to attract any young newcomers to the saga, especially when compared to the stakes at hand in the older films, and Jar Jar Binks is much more annoying and cartoony than anyone old enough to be familiar with the Star Wars universe should be forced to put up with. I just don't get it.