Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

a-p a. niemi 12.14.2010 01:24 PM

nicfit 12.14.2010 01:40 PM

Revanche, quite nice, loved the photography, but it felt like a sort of europeanized asian movie somehow haha. amazing soundtrack. ha hahahah.

The Lovely Bones unfathomably useless and pointless, except for a couple good scenes. hideous script imo.

SONIC GAIL 12.14.2010 02:05 PM

ATSONIC and NR
i am looking for 2 movies whats the best place on line to order from???
ryan's christmas present....one of his presents

!@#$%! 12.14.2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
The Lovely Bones unfathomably useless and pointless, except for a couple good scenes. hideous script imo.

ahyes, i caught this on tv the other day and promptly changed channels

atsonicpark 12.16.2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
ATSONIC and NR
i am looking for 2 movies whats the best place on line to order from???
ryan's christmas present....one of his presents

hmm. probably amazon.com or ebay, really. cliche, but they're the cheapest, usually. and fastest/most reliable.

slow torture puke chamber - 5/10

noisereductions 12.16.2010 11:49 AM

yeah unless it's something super-rare, I tend to always order DVD's from amazon.

noisereductions 12.16.2010 11:50 AM

I thought the Lovely Bones was ok.

atsonicpark 12.16.2010 03:16 PM

Just found out that BLOW OUT -- one of the best films ever -- is getting a Criterion re-release!

Anyway, besides the VOMIT GORE TRILOGY PART 3: SLOW TORTURE PUKE CHAMBER, I watched...

CLEO FROM 5 TO 7 - 9/10

Amazing FRench new wave flick, definitely one of the best of the movement, one of the best films ever in fact, represents everything I love about films. Off the walls, energetic, but artfully composed. Has Eddie Constantine, Anna Karina, and Jean Luc Godard is an acting roles. Some of the camera movements threw me for a loop. Truly brilliant. The beginning is in color for like a minute and then it gets black and white, and then color, and then black and white, etc... this goes on for a bit and is really strange and eye-popping and sets the tone for this wonderful film.

ice from the sun - uhhhhhhh.../10

before the devil knows you're dead - 8/10

Wow, that's a really really strange cover.. if you've seen this film, you'll know it doesn't represent the movie at all! For some reason, this film deeply unsettled me at times... just the whole concept, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman's brilliant acting. This was just a damn fine movie.

LifeDistortion 12.16.2010 08:08 PM

Another beautifully shot film. It was a blast.

a-p a. niemi 12.17.2010 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

CLEO FROM 5 TO 7 - 9/10

Amazing FRench new wave flick, definitely one of the best of the movement, one of the best films ever in fact, represents everything I love about films. Off the walls, energetic, but artfully composed. Has Eddie Constantine, Anna Karina, and Jean Luc Godard is an acting roles. Some of the camera movements threw me for a loop. Truly brilliant. The beginning is in color for like a minute and then it gets black and white, and then color, and then black and white, etc... this goes on for a bit and is really strange and eye-popping and sets the tone for this wonderful film.

Yeah, it's a wonderful film!

Just watched:

atsonicpark 12.17.2010 01:21 PM

I love NAKED. In my top 25 films ever now. The dialogue is the best ever.

deflinus 12.17.2010 04:04 PM

I agree. that movie is fantastic.

krastian 12.17.2010 09:29 PM

Scott Pilgrim.....I think I might have liked Kick Ass a little more. Both were pretty fun though.

Not a movie, but I've been getting into this:

sonic sphere 12.18.2010 05:35 AM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 12.18.2010 05:37 AM

^ NICE! :D

Dr. Eugene Felikson 12.18.2010 09:28 AM

Shark Skin Man & Peach Hip Girl - 9.5/10

Yet another insanely entertaining, and impressive romp from directorial mastermind, Katsuhito Ishii. The budget on this film was obviously lesser than that of both Funky Forest, or The Taste of Tea, but that doesn't translate to this being an inferior film by any means.

Like Ishii's subsequent works, Shark Skin Man & Peach Hip Girl manages to paint a world all of its own, where it boldly toys with the language of film. Littered with unique visuals, slick jump cuts, masterful framing, superb art direction & attention to wardrobe; the film's near 2 hour running time is completely unnoticeable. In fact, the film is so lively, and animated that you'll never want it to end - typical Ishii fare.

Action packed sequences, moments of pure tension, quirky visual gags, and multiple scenes of humanity's sadistic darkness are transitioned between with great ease due to stellar performances from the entire cast. Particularly Tadanobu Asano, who owned his portrayal so well in this and both of the other Ishii films I've seen, that I'm highly compelled to re-watch Ichi the Killer, a film I haven't seen in years, solely just to watch him work his magic on screen once more.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, your entire outlook on films may be altered, just by watching this (or Funky Forest, or Taste of Tea for that matter) - I know mine was. This is one that you can't miss. I recommend Shark Skin Man & Peach Hip Girl with my highest regards.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 12.18.2010 07:23 PM

Sonic Sphere inspired me.

viewtiful alan redux 12.18.2010 10:24 PM

7.5/10

Tommy Wiseau/10

7.5/10
Tony Jaa is one bad motherfucker

keep poppin pimples 12.19.2010 01:50 AM

6/10

loubarret 12.19.2010 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-p a. niemi
Yeah, it's a wonderful film!

Just watched:

Naked is one of the most rawest and hardest masterpeices their are in the dramafield. Good call