Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Silent Dan Speaks 01.10.2008 03:30 AM

Well I've watched three in the past day, so here goes.

First was I watched Fanny and Alexander. Holy shit, it's great. Seriously. Beyond words. Wow.

Then my friend wanted to watch Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I read the books a while back, but had never seen the movie. I liked it. Good stuff.

Lastly, I watched Wild at Heart. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm not sure how I feel about all the Wizard of Oz references, but nonetheless it's a good movie. It had some really, really great lines in it.

!@#$%! 01.10.2008 03:33 AM

i was watching this earlier, and fell asleep

really, i did.

i'll go see if i can stay awake untill the end.

king_buzzo 01.10.2008 03:58 AM

Karate Kid III.

fuck yes.

Rob Instigator 01.10.2008 09:47 AM

saw this last night.

very odd film. highly violent, and for about 4/5 of the movie it had me very tense and suspense filled and it wa sgreat then it seemed like it shifted to an alternate dimension and a tacked-on happy hollywood ending. either that or cronenberg never figured out how to finish the movie!

I would still recommend it though. especially if you want to see Viggo Mortensen fully naked fighting in a sauna for 5 minutes, balls a floppin everywhere. ha!

atsonicpark 01.10.2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by █████████
what are you? some sort of magazine?

I watch a movie when I get off work and a movie before I go to work. I have 2 friends with Netflix accounts constantly ordering movies and bringing over burnt copies. Um.. I download movies all the time, I order obscure horror films and old VHS's all the time, and I live next door to a pawn shop that has around 100,000 movies. No kidding.

Anyway, watched a Blade in the Dark - 3/10
Black Sabbath - 5/10
Black Sunday - 4/10
Girl Who Knew Too Much - 6/10
Knives of the Avenger - 3/10
Kill Baby Kill - 7/10

atsonicpark 01.10.2008 10:05 AM

Oh, Eastern Promises rules by the way. 8/10 easily. But I love everything Cronenberg's done..

Everyneurotic 01.10.2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
sponge bob square pants the movie

it was pretty funny
some of the faces sponge bob pulls are a crack up

for once, i agree with you.

nicfit 01.10.2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Oh, Eastern Promises rules by the way. 8/10 easily. But I love everything Cronenberg's done..

That's a fuckin' great movie from every possible pov.

Rob Instigator 01.10.2008 11:45 AM

the movie was amazing. the last ten minutes were fucking BULLSHIT

I bet if I talked to ccronenberg I would get him to admit he tacked on a happy ending. That was bullshit man!
the moment they interrupt the story to have them "gaze" at each other and kiss and shit, that did it. the dreamy sequence after that sucked shit too.

I give it a 9/10 though, because the great parts were so fucking great

nicfit 01.10.2008 11:52 AM

I dunno, I think both "Eastern" and "A history..." endings are just quite... endings :D I mean, in both cases I was kinda "fullfilled" by the previous stuff, and didn't care much for the actual "endings" in a way...it's kinda hard to explain.. but yes, the ending is the only "weak spot" to be found. "A history..." ending is shot better and is more interesting to an extent, but it leaves you thinking "uh?...ok"...

Rob Instigator 01.10.2008 11:56 AM

viggo is a fucking hardcore actor though.

nicfit 01.10.2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
viggo is a fucking hardcore actor though.

Oh, yesss... I think these 2 movies are enough to forgive all his other not-so-great things :D. In EP he's really really great.

█████████ 01.10.2008 12:08 PM

i was talking about your apparent need to rationalize everything you listen/watch/play etc.

but,yeah...
it's ok

last night, i saw this one:

davenotdead 01.10.2008 02:24 PM

loved it actually. really great quotes in it.

like... Dennis Hopper saying :"I was eating so much pussy in those days; my beard looked like a glazed doughnut."

this is actually going in my sig.

!@#$%! 01.10.2008 02:25 PM

anyway exotica was boring, except for a lesbian kiss and a half naked mia kirshner

when you covered the right side of the screen it was awesome

screamingskull 01.13.2008 11:50 AM

I watched all these today

Brick

0/10 Gave up watching this after 20 minutes.

Gerry

7/10 Liked this, had some funny and beautiful moments in it, but i didn't like the ending.

Buffalo '66

4/10. I haven't quite formed a proper opinion on it yet.

Everyneurotic 01.13.2008 02:01 PM

friday i watched most of this is spinal tap yet again, it never gets old.

then flipped the channels and vacation was on. classic.

"we'll have so much fun, we'll be singing 'zippyditty crackitty doo' out of our assholes!"

LifeDistortion 01.13.2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
anyway exotica was boring, except for a lesbian kiss and a half naked mia kirshner

I know, I'ved tried to watch that movie so many times but its boring as fuck, and yet its got the incredibly hot MK. If they focused on her character and not the boring fuck guy who keeps attending the club that movie would be great.

✌➬ 01.15.2008 03:28 AM

I saw persepolis, I really enjoyed that film. My niece wanted to watch hairspray, so I watched it with her I should have died.

ALIEN ANAL 01.15.2008 03:54 AM

blair witch and seven

i think blair witch is a great movie but really only works when it was first released

and seven wasnt bad..not much really happened in it..we didnt have to guess who the killer was..we seen a few dead bodies..and the ending..weird