Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

noisereductions 04.28.2010 07:15 PM

I fuckng HATE Prime.... I'm starting to realize there aren'ta lot of 3D games that I do like actually. Though Wind Waker was incredible. Is that 3D? I mean, it uses the analog stick. But the cell-shaded look of it appealed to me so much more than Ocarina.

Keeping It Simple 04.29.2010 07:18 AM

I'm playing Fallout 3: The Game of the Year Edition.

noisereductions 04.29.2010 07:23 AM

Mighty Final Fight

shabbray2.0 04.29.2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I'm playing Fallout 3: The Game of the Year Edition.

did you play fallout I/II?
how is III compared to the first ones. atmosphere-wise...

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Mighty Final Fight

always preferred streets of rage II

noisereductions 04.29.2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0

oh I don't even like the Final FIght series really. I always preferred Streets of Rage. But have you SEEN M I G H T Y Final Fight?????? Nothing like the FF's you know. It's a lot like River City Ransom!

edit: Check my blog

Rob Instigator 04.29.2010 11:36 AM

I am playing "choke the chicken"

shabbray2.0 04.29.2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

oh I don't even like the Final FIght series really. I always preferred Streets of Rage. But have you SEEN M I G H T Y Final Fight?????? Nothing like the FF's you know. It's a lot like River City Ransom!

edit: Check my blog

ah yes, seen that you mentioned SOR onto your blog, good man :)
btw (reminder to myself, too): did you ever checked the remix album of the SOR OST?
I think the game features such a killer soundtrack which puts the game to another level awesomeness

noisereductions 04.29.2010 12:39 PM

yr right abut the sndtrk. When I was like 11 I remember holding a boombox up to the TV and taping a lot of the SOR music. Especially the intro music. (I had the Sega CD version, which I Think was the same as the Genny version).

Sonic Youth 37 04.29.2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

I fuckng HATE Prime.... I'm starting to realize there aren'ta lot of 3D games that I do like actually. Though Wind Waker was incredible. Is that 3D? I mean, it uses the analog stick. But the cell-shaded look of it appealed to me so much more than Ocarina.

Just beat Twilight Princess. Was amazing. I think I'm going to start Wind Waker this weekend, either that or the OG Zelda. The girl is currently close to finishing Link to the Past.

EVOLghost 04.29.2010 12:43 PM

Streets of rage rocks. Owned 2 as a kid and played that one all te time. I'm playing sunset riders on genesis emulator.

noisereductions 04.29.2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
Just beat Twilight Princess. Was amazing. I think I'm going to start Wind Waker this weekend, either that or the OG Zelda. The girl is currently close to finishing Link to the Past.

Link to the Past is my fav. Wind Waker is probably my 2nd fav.

noisereductions 04.29.2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Streets of rage rocks. Owned 2 as a kid and played that one all te time. I'm playing sunset riders on genesis emulator.

I miss yr keyboard cat avatar.

Keeping It Simple 04.29.2010 03:53 PM

I played Streets of Rage 2 on the Mega Drive. Looking back, it was incredibly violent. It was beat the crap out of someone or have the crap beaten out of you.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.29.2010 03:53 PM

Procrastinating Stoner 4

atsonicpark 04.29.2010 04:05 PM

I have beaten streets of rage 2 a good 50 times since I got it when I was 7. Amazing game..

I'm the biggest Metroid fan in the world, and I absolutely hate Metroid Prime.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.29.2010 04:13 PM

Yeah, well your opinion sucks anyways...

Keeping It Simple 04.29.2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0

I never played the first two, but the third iteration is unbelievable in scope.

atsonicpark 04.29.2010 04:21 PM

Prime is only cool in a "neat, they did some of the 2D stuff in a 3D setting". Does it actually benefit from being in 3D, though? Not at all.

Luckily, because of Cave Story and Scurge: Hive and the Metroidvania games, I've been able to play 2D Metroid clones that are almost as good as the real thing since there'll very likely never be another straight-up 2D Metroid again.

Scanning SUCKS.

The only game series that has really benefitted from the 3D transition was Zelda. But it's fucking Zelda! There's not a bad Zelda game, and I've played them all (and completely played through most of them). But seriously, almost every 3D iteration of a classic series hasn't really been able to do much with a 3D setting but clumsily try to emulate what made the 2D shit so good to begin with. I'd play Mario Brothers 3 over MARIO SUNSHINE any day of the week. You guys remember when Street Fighter went 3D? What a joke. 3D is just clumsy and junky.

..except Zelda, again, because the Zelda worlds are so vast and beautiful that exploration is a delight in them, moreso than in the 2D realm (I gotta give special mention to the often-neglected MINNISH CAP, which is sort of 2.5D I guess -- developed by Capcom, and an amazing game).

I'm just so glad they haven't made Smash Brothers 3D. Can you imagine how awful that'd be? Jesus...

noisereductions 04.29.2010 04:24 PM

^I agree with this post.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.29.2010 04:25 PM

What about the CD-I Zelda titles?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD-i_ga...f_Zelda_series

Have you played those, Mr. Indie-pants?