Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Tokolosh 01.15.2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead

loved it actually. really great quotes in it.

like... Dennis Hopper saying :"I was eating so much pussy in those days; my beard looked like a glazed doughnut."

this is actually going in my sig.

One of my favorite films as a teenager.

I still haven't seen Eastern Promises.
Thanks for the spoiler peoples!.

nicfit 01.15.2008 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh

I still haven't seen Eastern Promises.
Thanks for the spoiler peoples!.

It's Rob's fault!

Torn Curtain 01.15.2008 06:11 AM

I'm not there

I loved it on the whole. Cate Blanchett is indeed awesome in the "Don't look back"-era Bob Dylan. I was a bit disappointed by Charlotte Gainsbourg's playing.

!@#$%! 01.15.2008 06:15 AM

not a terrible biopic, actually-- decent in that respect. certainly beats the life of peter sellers.

the soundtrack of course was excellent, but it was actually played but the actors. proof that (post) punk is for all.

anyway, most unusually, it's a black & white movie shot in cinemascope. this shocked my senses.

it was not a genius movie but it was certainly enjoyable-- of course i had seen 24h party people & knew all the gory details in advance, so i can't be called exactly a neutral audience member.

RdTv 01.15.2008 08:39 AM

Rob Instigator 01.15.2008 02:15 PM

saw these this weekend

I had seen it a lot but my girlfriend had not

I liked it. my girlfriend did not. it freaks her out to feel impending viollence and doom.

fugazifan 01.15.2008 05:53 PM

just saw SUPERFLY

super awesome

Rob Instigator 01.15.2008 05:58 PM

superfly is the king of low budget flicks!!!!
the best soundtrack ever too

I love the sex scene in the tub where Curtis Mayfield's "Gimme Your Love" is playing. very sexy.

"If you don't get me my money TO-NIGHT!..."

!@#$%! 01.15.2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
I know, I'ved tried to watch that movie so many times but its boring as fuck, and yet its got the incredibly hot MK. If they focused on her character and not the boring fuck guy who keeps attending the club that movie would be great.

sorry i missed your reply and YES. that whole "revelation" shit at the end, i don't know. atom egoyan's wife was lovely too, with her big pregnant belly. they had a lesbian kiss but that was all. there was something good about the movie but it didn't really gel. anyway, that was that.

Norma J 01.15.2008 06:25 PM

I Am Legend.
It was good.

fugazifan 01.16.2008 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
superfly is the king of low budget flicks!!!!
the best soundtrack ever too

I love the sex scene in the tub where Curtis Mayfield's "Gimme Your Love" is playing. very sexy.

"If you don't get me my money TO-NIGHT!..."

everything about it was, to put it simply-BADASS:cool:

Everyneurotic 01.17.2008 11:46 AM

futurama: bender's big score.

OOOOo

couldn't stop laughing the whole time, was everything i expected from the movie; it's kinda like the simpsons movie, if you ask me, as if it's like one big episode, but there's nothing wrong with that. i really missed futurama.

--

hannibal rising

OO

i didn't expect this to be an overblown hollywood action movie, the kid tries too hard to sound and look like anthony hopkins, typical hollywood stupidities like the bad guy talking to hannibal instead of beating or killing him, the score was this bombastic generic stuff; not a total wash, but certainly not the portrayal of the origins of a serial killer.

nicfit 01.17.2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
futurama: bender's big score.

OOOOo

couldn't stop laughing the whole time, was everything i expected from the movie; it's kinda like the simpsons movie, if you ask me, as if it's like one big episode, but there's nothing wrong with that. i really missed futurama.

ha ha I loved it (middle section a bit too long-ish), when I'm bored I go : "zeroone zerozeroone zeroone011010100010101010111" and I laugh on my own.

RdTv 01.19.2008 07:57 AM

Interesting documentaryon American DJ's and drummers going to Brazil to perform with Brazilian drummers and DJ's. Features: Madlib, Cut Chemist, J. Rocc, DJ Babu, Egon, Milson Das Neves, Joao Parahyba, Ivan Conti. A well filmed documentary, I especially like the parts where the dj's are digging for records.....9/10.

phoenix 01.19.2008 08:13 AM

I saw i am legend last week and i cried. It was a good movie.. Just not so good in gold class cos i didn't eat any of my meal.. Tonight i saw juno, it was great.

Everyneurotic 01.19.2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
ha ha I loved it (middle section a bit too long-ish), when I'm bored I go : "zeroone zerozeroone zeroone011010100010101010111" and I laugh on my own.

hahahahahaha.

yeah!!! i've been singing "nana na na, nana na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" ever since i saw the movie. man, i just remember it and start laughing.

"welcome! or should i say 'buuuuenos diiiias'?"

krastian 01.19.2008 03:02 PM

Kina 01.19.2008 06:36 PM

War of the Worlds (the old one), Mission to Mars and Red Planet.. I had a bit of a martiany night last night

m1rr0r dash 01.20.2008 02:05 PM

!@#$%! 01.20.2008 04:22 PM

i haven't seen a movie lately (7 days). been trying to finish the west wing dvds, but the episodes after sorkin left are a chore. yet my OCD compels me to finish the tale.