Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   stuff you love (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=25350)

!@#$%! 10.05.2018 08:45 AM

this nice crisp october air is the best weather of the year

Severian 10.05.2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
this nice crisp october air is the best weather of the year

YES!

The Soup Nazi 10.06.2018 07:07 PM

Laura Benanti.

EVOLghost 10.21.2018 07:20 PM

Weed.

I loved weed before...but now after FULLY experienceing the whole...legal weed thing, I just love it so much more.

The Soup Nazi 10.22.2018 07:03 PM

Arwa Damon.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.07.2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Weed.

I loved weed before...but now after FULLY experienceing the whole...legal weed thing, I just love it so much more.

Just legalized here in MI last night.

Makes my med card kinda redundant now I guess.

!@#$%! 11.07.2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Just legalized here in MI last night.

Makes my med card kinda redundant now I guess.

WOW

congrats

please dont drive stoned though ��

The Soup Nazi 01.20.2019 08:23 PM

Juliette Kayyem

_tunic_ 01.24.2019 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
WOW

congrats

please dont drive stoned though ��

I totally agree to both
A few years ago I smoked a light one in the early afternoon, then a couple hours later took the car and drove for an hour up north to go to a concert. It was a scary ride, had a hard time to keep the car between the lines. But it was the best concert ever

The stage lights were shining in my eyes, so I had them closed pretty much the entire show, only opened them startled at every sudden noise eruption. The guys behind me thought I had fallen asleep and kept poking me once in a while. And at the end of the evening my feet were surrounded by beer bottles (not mine)

dirty bunny 02.20.2019 08:52 PM

I love pot. Maybe we should grow our own.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.20.2019 08:56 PM

^ you can have mine. Tried getting high for the first time in months the other day. Boy did I get paranoid and weird. Makes everything feel unreal

dirty bunny 02.20.2019 09:05 PM

That's true, the new stuff is POWERFUL, and I totally get it. After not smoking for years I got way too high and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my life.

I smoked again, warily, and there have still been times when I got a little too high- although nothing like the first experience.

I smoke almost every day. And then I'll go one or two days without smoking and not even notice. I've become a total pothead. When it's good it's really good, and often it's great- magnifying my appreciation of music. It turns me much more conversational.

But yeah it does have its downsides.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.20.2019 09:20 PM

With that said, I really love thai food, books, coffee, and my gf (of course)

Oh, also Frasier. And the fact that I can stream Frasier and King of the Hill to my TV from my phone

The Soup Nazi 04.25.2019 07:58 PM

Jacinda Ardern.

choc e-Claire 04.25.2019 08:09 PM

...you win this round.

I love Flying Saucer Attack, especially whenever I'm feeling slightly depressed and I can just lie in bed with my headphones in and drown in fuzz.

EVOLghost 04.25.2019 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty bunny
That's true, the new stuff is POWERFUL, and I totally get it. After not smoking for years I got way too high and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my life.

I smoked again, warily, and there have still been times when I got a little too high- although nothing like the first experience.

I smoke almost every day. And then I'll go one or two days without smoking and not even notice. I've become a total pothead. When it's good it's really good, and often it's great- magnifying my appreciation of music. It turns me much more conversational.

But yeah it does have its downsides.

It all depends on the strain if you ask me. I hadn’t smoked bud in like 4/5 days and I just smoked a heavy indica joint. It really fudged with me...I’m a sativa dood. Anyways...just getting it my last hoorah this week and want to just get stoned off my ass today and practice street fighter for Japan. It’s gonna be weird not playing high. I’m hoping to learn a lot and get a nice tolerance break from it. Gonna be like 9 days.

choc e-Claire 04.25.2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
It’s gonna be weird not playing high.

I'm guessing that 'you play better stoned' is a fact, much like 'red cars go faster'. :D

EVOLghost 04.25.2019 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I'm guessing that 'you play better stoned' is a fact, much like 'red cars go faster'. :D

it's a calming thing..overthink things a bit less...but I'll have alcohol in Japan....that's just as good...but it's just easier to get sloppy on alcohol...

pony 04.26.2019 05:33 PM

bitch i am in love

choc e-Claire 04.26.2019 06:22 PM

^ oof, me too...

While I don't love walking in the cold, I do love short shifts at work. Especially on weekend pay. $300 paycheck coming up...

(EDIT: That's for three hours today, four tomorrow, and the seven last week)