Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what are you wearing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=14705)

Everyneurotic 08.15.2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I guess I should be embarrassed re my Chucks. A bank teller gave me the once over when I was wearing them today. Maybe it's what bank robbers wear.

that's stupid, you need traction to rob a bank.

SynthethicalY 08.15.2007 11:49 PM

Cantankerous, you seem to have a cool style.

Cantankerous 08.15.2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
Cantankerous, you seem to have a cool style.

thanks. go look around in vintage stores and thrift shops or on ebay, there's plenty of cool shit to be found.

k-krack 08.15.2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
the amount of clothes i have is absolutely outrageous. but i try to wear them all so i don't feel bad about it.

Weirdly, I do the same thing. But I'm pretty obsessive over the whole deal...
t-shirts are neatly stacked on top of my dresser: For each new day, I take the one off the top, and put the freshly washed ones on the bottom of the pile (if someone fucks up the pile, I get really antsy).
Also, any clothes I wear that are not t-shirts (underwear, socks, shorts-to-bed, etc... I try to have a loose order to the ...order... I wear them... I make sure one pair of whatever doesn't get TOO much attention.

...fuck... I'm sorry, everyone...

I'm wearing:
Blood Brothers shirt (very small, like all my shirts)
tightish jeans
black socks
blue and... light-blue... striped boxer-briefs
black belt (not from karate)-
and last but not least, blackish-grey cardigan

Cantankerous 08.15.2007 11:54 PM

boxer briefs, ha! right on.

SynthethicalY 08.15.2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
thanks. go look around in vintage stores and thrift shops or on ebay, there's plenty of cool shit to be found.

I'll take that into consideration, when I am going to buy clothes next year.

total-trash 08.16.2007 12:03 AM

i ihave a lot of clothes i never wear. i have trouble giving them away though cause i convince myself i should keep them and wear them. i did get a sewing machine recently though, so i've been putting a lot of my unused clothes to other use.

phoenix 08.16.2007 12:14 AM

some socks, pinstripe black and grey pants, a grey marle babydoll cut t shirt, some red polarfleece handwarmy things, and my big black woolen jacket (because I just came home and sat down and the heater is still warming the house.. its Freeeezing)

gmku 08.16.2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
that's stupid, you need traction to rob a bank.

You're right. It's more likely she was coming on to me in her own strange bank teller "I'm off at 5" kind of way.

Cantankerous 08.16.2007 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
some socks, pinstripe black and grey pants, a grey marle babydoll cut t shirt, some red polarfleece handwarmy things, and my big black woolen jacket (because I just came home and sat down and the heater is still warming the house.. its Freeeezing)

do you live in siberia or something?
(i say this because it's been 100 degrees every day since i've gotten here)

Norma J 08.16.2007 12:58 AM

tight navy blue jeans. plain white v neck t shirt. old worn out red flanno.

I feel like a knob in these day saying 'flanno'.

k-krack 08.16.2007 01:05 AM

What is "flanno"???

Oh, and I changed, I am now wearing Cantankerous' undergarments. I'm now sexier.

Cantankerous 08.16.2007 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
What is "flanno"???

Oh, and I changed, I am now wearing Cantankerous' undergarments. I'm now sexier.

be my guest.

Norma J 08.16.2007 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
What is "flanno"???

Flannelette?

Cantankerous 08.16.2007 01:15 AM

i think he's talking about a flannel shirt, krackhead. you know. like a lumberjack.

Norma J 08.16.2007 01:17 AM

Like a lumberjack indeed.

Cantankerous 08.16.2007 01:21 AM

chris novoselic looks like a lumberjack. or the man with the big yellow hat from curious george.

k-krack 08.16.2007 01:45 AM

Does Chris Novoselic like to press wild flowers?

But for real... why the hell did you cut off the "el"?! That just confuses un-hip-to-the-know bros like me. I figured "flanno" was some high-quality, designer flannel.

Norma J 08.16.2007 02:01 AM

Flannel sounds uncommon to me. flanno is the way I've heard it be said since I was young. Flannel would be being more hip. here.

Cantankerous 08.16.2007 02:05 AM

here in the states we all say flannel.