Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

schizophrenicroom 01.14.2009 04:36 PM

there are few things like running for a fucking long time with your calf throbbing in pain, then coming home to a bowl of original-flavour very salty potato chips waiting for you and a cold glass of guava pineapple juice.

heaven.

it is heaven.

unless you don't like salt-laden potato chips and guava pineapple juice.

schizophrenicroom 01.14.2009 04:44 PM

message for josh- watch yo ass, i'm two posts behind you.

MellySingsDoom 01.14.2009 04:55 PM

schizogirl - man, I should start running again. I need to cut down on my cigs intake first though.

How's things with you over there, by the way?

Sonic Youth 37 01.14.2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
message for josh- watch yo ass, i'm two posts behind you.

Sonic Youth 37 01.14.2009 05:14 PM

I'm seriously considering taking a writing emphasis course at 8:10am on Tues & Thur about Tolkein's Middle Earth. I think I've developed some kind of brain fever

Edit: To hell with it, I signed up for it. I can go to class tomorrow and drop it if need be.

Mostly Harmless 01.14.2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I'm seriously considering taking a writing emphasis course at 8:10am on Tues & Thur about Tolkein's Middle Earth. I think I've developed some kind of brain fever

Edit: To hell with it, I signed up for it. I can go to class tomorrow and drop it if need be.

That is the coolest thing I've ever heard.
I want to name my first son Théoden.

This Is Not Here 01.14.2009 09:35 PM

It's 2.30 in the morning and I'm eating Sainsbury's Washed And Ready To Cook Carrot Batons straight out of the bag. Isn't this what depressed middle aged men who's wife has left them are supposed to do?

demonrail666 01.14.2009 10:02 PM

no, that comes with the bargain bucket and the copy of Razzle.

Sonic Youth 37 01.14.2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless
That is the coolest thing I've ever heard.
I want to name my first son Théoden.

I might be posting a "Help Me!" thread sometime in the future about the course and I want you front-and-center to help. I have read Fellowship and half of Towers but that was about 6 or 7 years ago. The class has already met twice and the bookstore closed before I pick up the text, if there is any. I already have the one-volume LoTR book here with me. The official name of the course is Themes in Literature:J.R.R. TOLKEIN: CREATING MIDDLE EARTH. I have been told the profressor really knows her shit, like she can speak Elvish and whatnot. I'm not a super-nerd, more of literature fiend, but it fulfills a requirement now instead of having to wait until next semester and I'd rather write about elves and man and hobbits and orc than about Shakespeare any day.

Sonic Youth 37 01.15.2009 10:42 AM

Okay, Tolkien class=epic nerd win. The syllabus might contains more lulz than anything I've ever read. I wish I could reproduce it here, but it would take too long to type. Suffice it to say that she refers to "e-mail" as "elf-mail" at least once.

Danny Himself 01.15.2009 11:26 AM

oh and also

█████████ 01.15.2009 04:09 PM

there are people on twitter posting pics of passengers being rescued from a plane that just crashed into the hudson river.

█████████ 01.15.2009 04:14 PM

the cause was... BIRDS

█████████ 01.15.2009 04:22 PM

http://twitpic.com/135xa

Danny Himself 01.15.2009 04:23 PM

I love how everyone's just standing on the wing like that. What a landing!

greedrex 01.15.2009 06:04 PM

"Where are the brakes? Hey wait!"

schizophrenicroom 01.15.2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
schizogirl - man, I should start running again. I need to cut down on my cigs intake first though.

How's things with you over there, by the way?

it's very soothing. not the actual act of running, but finishing and looking back afterwards.

things are going well. the bf's coming up for tomorrow and saturday. and mandy's back in town soon, i'm pretty certain tomorrow, so that's exciting. i miss her!

everyone survived that plane crash, but if i were on that, i'd never fly again.

josh- i love that picture.

my girls by animal collective- holy shit, catchy song alert.

MellySingsDoom 01.15.2009 06:50 PM

schizo - yays for bf and Mandy. I haven't chatted to her for a few days...look forward to catching up with her.

+1 on the airplane pic - just another case of your average plane "dropping in" to the River Hudson, as you do.

demonrail666 01.15.2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
man, I should start running again.

Now this I would pay money to watch.

✌➬ 01.15.2009 08:29 PM

Because this is funny.