Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

_slavo_ 05.03.2010 05:32 AM

haha :D

Toilet & Bowels 05.03.2010 06:10 AM

Eqinox (Soltice II) for the Super Nintendo, great game, a lot better than I remembered.

Also found out yesterday than my Link To The Past cartridge is totally fucked.

noisereductions 05.03.2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
right!!!
couldnt agree more
btw I love the adaptin for the GBA.
do you know how well it is in comparison to the original over the big screen?

I have all of them on GBA. They all look great. The only downer is that voices (a la Mario 64) have been added in. That can be somewhat annoying. But each game now has the ability to save yr progress. That's actually relaly nice.

shabbray2.0 05.03.2010 03:15 PM

^^yes exactly. I also like the subtle changes, like that you can manipulate which color yoshi will get (after the first play through)
just wated to know how they look, becuse of the resolution the gba games surely differ in, arent they<?

noisereductions 05.03.2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
^^yes exactly. I also like the subtle changes, like that you can manipulate which color yoshi will get (after the first play through)
just wated to know how they look, becuse of the resolution the gba games surely differ in, arent they<?

SNES:

GBA:

The ports look fantastic to me...

GeneticKiss 05.04.2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Super Mario Crossover Play as Mario, Samus, Simon(castlevania), Megaman, or Bill(contra)

http://www.playedonline.com/game/598...crossover.html

A friend told me about that the other day and he made it sound like the coolest thing since those Blade Runner-style lighted umbrellas you can buy at Think Geek. I gave it a shot and while the concept is pretty neat, as a game it's not really practical to play as any of the other characters besides Mario or Megaman. Samus is only useful when you've fully powered up (getting the Fire Flower gives you the Wave Beam), otherwise she fires right overtop of most enemies and doesn't have enough range to hit item boxes without a least a Mushroom. Bill is great for hitting item boxes, but he has to duck to hit enemies, and Simon's jumping is so stiff and low they needed to give him a double jump. And like Samus and Bill, his whip goes right overtop the bad guys and has to duck to hit anything. Link is halfway useful because he's faster than everyone, but he cannot fire sword blasts without a Fire Flower. Of course, everyone can kill things by jumping on them like Mario, and Link's speed gives him the ability to rack up bounce kill combo points very easily, but if you've got a real weapon...you should use it, don't you think?

So A+ for the concept, but a B- for the execution. If nothing else, it does show how well game characters are tuned to their individual game worlds, and what works well in one game might not so much in another...

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.04.2010 04:53 AM

I just destroyed my friends in Mario Party 2. I am the superstar. Black Hole Bowser did not stand a chance.

shabbray2.0 05.04.2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
SNES:

GBA:

The ports look fantastic to me...

hahaha, i just wanted to know if the GBA games via the gameboy player over a tv can hold against the original because of the resolution the GBA got. but I think that answers is the hard way, thanks :)

noisereductions 05.04.2010 09:07 AM

oh I have no idea... I actually run my Cube thru a VGA box into an LCD monitor.

shabbray2.0 05.04.2010 09:12 AM

ooh. that sounds like a pretty good option!

noisereductions 05.04.2010 09:35 AM

I use this. It works great for the GBPlayer, as like I said an LCD monitor mimics the screensize/shape of a GBA more closely than a "square" TV does. However, if you use yr Cube for Cube games a lot -- then you may not like this thing as much. It does cause "stretch" lines that are noticeable when you play Cube games. I'm planning to do more indepth review on the blog at some point. But if yr using the Cube for GB/GBA games most of the time, this is a great option.

shabbray2.0 05.04.2010 09:41 AM

I will do soon. cause like I said I am planning to buy a GBPlayer soon. just need to find a cheap shot of these. at ebay they are about 15 euros, used. which is...almost nothing compared to their original proce of 50 euros a few years ago.
will def. keep the vga box in mind!

EVOLghost 05.04.2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
A friend told me about that the other day and he made it sound like the coolest thing since those Blade Runner-style lighted umbrellas you can buy at Think Geek.

lol'd

but yeah. I got bord with the game due to keyboard use. shit just ain't fun on the keyboard.

noisereductions 05.05.2010 07:55 PM

deflinus 05.05.2010 09:10 PM

i WANT to play earthbound but i'm too lazy to get out my super nintendo
and i hate playing roms on my laptop.

unless it's this:

Rob Instigator 05.07.2010 11:58 AM

nicfit 05.07.2010 12:05 PM

better?

alyasa 05.10.2010 08:11 AM

_slavo_ 05.10.2010 08:17 AM

yeah, great game alyasa, isn't it?

alyasa 05.10.2010 08:24 AM

Yeah, really gritty... And the music helps too... And that subtext of the undying American dream of Capitalism... I just love going into alleyways and soaking in the New York vibe... From the safety of my couch of course...