Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.22.2011 05:26 AM

HELL YEAH

a-p a. niemi 03.22.2011 06:28 AM

Pelle 03.22.2011 07:11 AM

Jimmy and Judy

Good movie, bad ending though.
3/5

sonic sphere 03.22.2011 07:38 AM

a-p a. niemi 03.22.2011 10:26 AM

atsonicpark 03.22.2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

HELL YEAH

I read the other day that Howard Stern sat down to watch this movie recently and thouht it was so horrible he couldn't get past the first 30 minutes of it. While I like it just fine, I think the USA edited version is a lot better (he trimmed the fat, and he would pop up in the parts wit hnudity/excessive cursing and replace it/explain why it got cut.. funny shit).

There's this great pseduo-horror film from 1972 called PRIVATE PARTS that's a masterpiece.

atsonicpark 03.22.2011 04:07 PM

hey joe, you know my favorite "horror" movie ever BRIDE OF FRANK (which is a LOT like a better version of John Waters, and a LOT better version of Korine'sstuff)? The director of that movie is IN Private Parts. He's the guy in the "NEW YORK sign segment", the one where he tries to get his naked wife to hold up the sign in New York.

Rob Instigator 03.22.2011 04:51 PM

I love rockers

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.22.2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
There's this great pseduo-horror film from 1972 called PRIVATE PARTS that's a masterpiece.

Yea I love that one! That doll thing just looks so goddamn eerie! HA!

Also very, very cool about the Bride of Frank guy. I always wondered if those little segments were truly improvised. NEAT!

Also, Jenna Jameson looks so hot in Stern's Private Parts. So much hotter in the 90's.....DAT ASS.

stu666 03.22.2011 05:18 PM

atsonicpark 03.22.2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Yea I love that one! That doll thing just looks so goddamn eerie! HA!

Also very, very cool about the Bride of Frank guy. I always wondered if those little segments were truly improvised. NEAT!

Also, Jenna Jameson looks so hot in Stern's Private Parts. So much hotter in the 90's.....DAT ASS.

Yeah, his name was.. ESCLAPO DON BALDE or some bullshit .Did you ever see BRIDE? It's a mastpiece. "I'M GONNA RIP OFF YOUR HEAD AND SHIT DOWN YOUR THROAT." Probably my favorite no budget film ever, next to Packard's"rEFLECTONS OF EVIL" (he sent 27,000 free dvd's out to EVERYONE in hollywood, spent his entire life savngs on it.. I donated money to him quite a few times, he's probably my favorite director. SPACEDISCOONE and LOST IN THE THINKING, etc.. masterpieces. fuck!)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.22.2011 05:44 PM

Haha, you've asked me on so many different occasions if I'd already seen Bride or not... but yeah I fucking loved it.

The real matter of discussion here is Jenna Jameson's tight little 90's frame though...

aye carumba!

atsonicpark 03.22.2011 05:45 PM

http://cinemageddon.net/details.php?id=96024

TWILIGHT 1994

BEST FILM EVER.

GET ASAP.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.22.2011 05:49 PM

Hey Adam,

Save one of those CG invites for me, I told a friend I'd trade him for a KG invite. I just need to snag his email first.

Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: Yea, I've heard of Twilight. Will d/l eventually

atsonicpark 03.22.2011 06:07 PM

You told a friend you'd trade an invite I'm getting him for you to get invite? Uh... alright. Thanks for asking me first, haha!

atsonicpark 03.22.2011 06:22 PM

march comes in like a lion - 9/10

TheDom 03.22.2011 06:31 PM

..way too much stuff going on to make a rating on the first viewing

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.22.2011 06:36 PM

EDIT: ^ AWESOME flick

Haha, well I figured since you said you had like 75 of 'em, you wouldn't mind. Sorry if I jumped the gun a little, I really didn't even think twice about it.

I was at this cd release last night, and we were gabbing away about weird movies and shit. But uh, he's that guy I've poked fun at on here for liking Trash Humpers and being all up on Harmony's nuts about it.

He hadn't gotten around to seeing any of Giuseppe's shit yet, so in all honesty, this is moreso about spreading the work of Andrews than getting me on KG. I actually offered to try and get him one before he told me about his KG invites - but hey, I'm not complaining...

How does KG compare to CG?

atsonicpark 03.22.2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDom

..way too much stuff going on to make a rating on the first viewing

TheDom, that was my favorite film of 2010 (with EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP being my favorite doc). I'll re-post my review in the next post.

atsonicpark 03.22.2011 09:00 PM

I've been watching Nobuhiko Obayashi's experimental shorts. If you're a fan of his psychadelic imagery in HAUSU, SCHOOL IN THE CROSSHAIRS, GIRL WHO LEAP THROUGH TIME, and so on.. then I highly reccomend getting on ubuweb and downloading films like EMOTION, COMPLEX, CONFESSION, etc. Random screens:

Genius.