Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

✌➬ 01.28.2008 05:07 PM

Cloverfield, funny love story.

pantophobia 01.28.2008 05:10 PM

No Country for Old Men and Juno for a second time over the weekend

the former was just a brilliant, brilliant film, best i have seen in a while

afterthefact 01.28.2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead

yes. yes. yes. brilliant film-making. DDL is the best in the game.

I was wondering if I should see that or not...

✌➬ 01.28.2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
I was wondering if I should see that or not...

That is a must see.

davenotdead 01.28.2008 05:16 PM

do it

afterthefact 01.28.2008 05:18 PM

I will then!

I've never been a DDL fan myself, but maybe this will be his key to my heart? Heterosexually speaking, that is.

davenotdead 01.28.2008 05:22 PM

how can you not be a fan? .... damn, aside from Brando, I can't think of anyone who more completely owns every second of his screen time.

✌➬ 01.28.2008 05:23 PM

You know I have never seen any of the Godfather movies.

davenotdead 01.28.2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ✌➬
You know I have never seen any of the Godfather movies.

do it now! at least the first one. that one is essential. II is good too, though certainly lesser.

afterthefact 01.28.2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

how can you not be a fan? .... damn, aside from Brando, I can't think of anyone who more completely owns every second of his screen time.

I guess I haven't really seen too many of his movies... I didn't care for The Crucible or or Last Of The Mohicans. Although I LOVED My Left Foot when I was a kid. But I didn't even realize that was him until I just looked it up on imdb :)

davenotdead 01.28.2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterthefact
I guess I haven't really seen too many of his movies... I didn't care for The Crucible or or Last Of The Mohicans. Although I LOVED My Left Foot when I was a kid. But I didn't even realize that was him until I just looked it up on imdb :)

havent seen the Crucible. but yeah, he's as good in TWBB as he was in MLF. and GONY

afterthefact 01.28.2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

do it now! at least the first one. that one is essential. II is good too, though certainly lesser.

I agree. The second was really good mind you, but a lot of people go as far to say it was better. The first still reigns supreme in my opinion.

✌➬ 01.28.2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

I will when it comes from netflix.

afterthefact 01.28.2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

havent seen the Crucible. but yeah, he's as good in TWBB as he was in MLF. and GONY

IDCIOT.

I mean, I'll definately check it out then.

EDIT: Haha, and no, I didn't just try to call you an idiot :)

davenotdead 01.28.2008 05:34 PM

haha, took me a sec. to get it

afterthefact 01.28.2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

haha, took me a sec. to get it

If I had one wish, I would wish that I knew when a joke was too stupid to say.

LifeDistortion 01.28.2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

And unlike Brando's later work DDL seems to be pretty picky about what work he does and does not mind going a few years without doing a film if he feels its not worth his time. I respect an actor who can say no to films and NOT feel the need to be in every movie that comes out. If that means he takes a couple years off from doing a film, so be it.

afterthefact 01.28.2008 09:28 PM

You mean to say that Brando wasn't picky about his later roles?

Oh wait, I think I see what you mean now...

davenotdead 01.28.2008 10:39 PM

yes, but everyone knows Brando just did those for the money... I can respect that. As long as its out in the open, I dont mind.

Norma J 01.28.2008 11:16 PM

I saw I'm Not There. Didn't mind it. I think it would have been great if Heath Ledger played Dylan the whole way through and kept it along the line of his role, instead of all the abstract poppycock. You forgot about Dylan when you were watching his scenes. I liked the little black kid too, he was cool. But the others irritated me abit. I love Dylan, so I knew I'd be critical.

I watched Shop Girl the other night too, and liked it quite abit.

Saw Smoking Aces yesterday and thought it was pretty shit, but watchable.

Ummmm

Seeing Juno tonight.