Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

nicfit 03.28.2011 04:44 PM

liked it, being a fan of kittelsen and shit.

EVOLghost 03.28.2011 06:08 PM

Wacky and Crazy AWesome.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.28.2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I would disagree with Joe. Sleepaway Camp 2 is brilliant. I do like 3 a lot. (Joe I think it's cuz I watched them 1, 2, 3 and you watched them 1, 3, 2 maybe. I just prefer 2.) Anyway, I think 1, 2 and 3 are all much MUCH better than Return. I mean it's fun and everything. But just not that good.

What is it about part 2 that you find to be so brilliant?

Oh yeah, and I just watched De Palma's Sisters...

AWESOME flick!

noisereductions 03.28.2011 08:29 PM

I don't know JOe. Like I said, maybe nostalgia, but it just is great to me. "Look, you don't have like AIDS or anything, right?"

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.28.2011 08:31 PM

OH OK GUY

noisereductions 03.28.2011 09:18 PM

haha.

Listen, I agree with you that 3 is awesome. I'd say I love the first three ALMOST equally... but in different ways.

but 4 is a good deal below those 3.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.28.2011 09:36 PM

YOUR ASS STINKS!

a-p a. niemi 03.29.2011 12:13 AM

tw2113 03.29.2011 12:20 AM

Singles

Just One Of The Guys

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.29.2011 02:37 AM

a-p a. niemi 03.29.2011 04:22 AM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.29.2011 04:32 AM

This one was fucking grotesque, damn...

sonic sphere 03.29.2011 05:37 AM

noisereductions 03.29.2011 08:49 AM

Pelts sucked.
Do You Like Hitchcock sucked.
Card Player sucked.
and so on.

I don't even want to get into the same old Argento argument in this thread again. I'm just going to say he has more bad movies than good ones. Is that fair?

...anyway, how is Bad Biology, I keep meaning to watch it. I love Brain Damage, Basketcase and Frankenhooker.

sonic sphere 03.29.2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

...anyway, how is Bad Biology, I keep meaning to watch it. I love Brain Damage, Basketcase and Frankenhooker.

it's pretty good, if you like his other films then you should certainly enjoy it :)

a-p a. niemi 03.29.2011 12:38 PM

Watched a couple of short films:
Totuus vai tehtävä by Matti Pellonpää
Chaplinesque by Pamela Mandart

+ for the second time, Boheemi elää (Bohemian Eyes), the documentary film about Finnish actor Matti Pellonpää - brilliant.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.29.2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Pelts sucked.
Do You Like Hitchcock sucked.
Card Player sucked.
and so on.

I don't even want to get into the same old Argento argument in this thread again. I'm just going to say he has more bad movies than good ones. Is that fair?

Really? I've enjoyed every Argento film I've seen yet. The Card Player being the most lackluster of the bunch, but I still enjoyed it for what it was. I still have yet to see his take on Phantom of the Opera with the telekinetic rats... but supposedly it sucks. I dunno, I'll probably end up enjoying it for one reason or another.

But yeah, there's been a lot of Argento criticism on here lately. Dude's a master behind the camera though, which is a blessing within his genre of choice - so, I really don't get it. Oh well.

Quote:

It was okay, not a classic or anything though. 7/10

Kegmama 03.29.2011 03:46 PM

worst 'alien' movie. ever! sucked out loud.

noisereductions 03.29.2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Really? I've enjoyed every Argento film I've seen yet. The Card Player being the most lackluster of the bunch, but I still enjoyed it for what it was. I still have yet to see his take on Phantom of the Opera with the telekinetic rats... but supposedly it sucks. I dunno, I'll probably end up enjoying it for one reason or another.

But yeah, there's been a lot of Argento criticism on here lately. Dude's a master behind the camera though, which is a blessing within his genre of choice - so, I really don't get it. Oh well.

sigh. I didnt' wanna re-open the can-o-worms, but my feeling is that yes, he's a great VISUAList. He knows how to direct a camera. He knows what the color palette should be. But I think more of his films are bad films than are good ones. Last time I started this talk, I got attacked, so didn't wanna rehash.

Phantom Of The Opera is utter shit. One of his worst.

Opera is an amazing piece of art though. I mean, just so amazing that that's part of my disappointment with so much of his work. I watched Opera and was just so awe-struck and then watched another dozen of his films and each one seemed weaker than the next (not in any order, just random movies I watched... but. Yeah). I guess I'd just say I like a handful of his work. I appreciate his talent. But I'm not into it myself. Personally.

but who gives a shit what I think? I fucking love Wes Craven. ANd you know most people think I'm a fucking idiot for that right?

keep poppin pimples 03.30.2011 03:54 AM

i haven't watched that much new argento (jenifer and pelts were hard to sit through) everyone hates giallo but i thought it was a pretty damn cool film, and it's kinda crazy they managed to even get adrien brody for it