Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

noisereductions 04.09.2011 10:49 PM

Hostel 2 was amazing. Amazing. Such an incredible movie. But you get it. And I dont' think anyone else cares. SO I Dn't need to explain.

3 is weird. Scott Spiegel man. Intruder. A friend/hero of Roth's.

I don't know

I jsut want him to make Thanksgiving or Trailer Trash. I'm a huge Roth fan.

LifeDistortion 04.09.2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Anywho, I finally got around to watching Amer...

I've heard good things about this movie. I wasn't aware that there was no dialouge in the movie which only makes it more intriguing to me. I really dig that poster too.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.10.2011 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
3 is weird. Scott Spiegel man. Intruder. A friend/hero of Roth's.

I haven't even seen Intruder yet. It looks like a lot of fun though. Nice cast especially, how often are the Raimis and Bruce Campbell in the film?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
I've heard good things about this movie. I wasn't aware that there was no dialogue in the movie which only makes it more intriguing to me. I really dig that poster too.

Okay, I wanted to check myself on the 'no dialogue' thing, since I did recall a non-subtitled ghostly whisper at one point.

I skimmed through the film again and could only find one line of subtitled dialogue, and another non-subtitled line. So yeah, there's about 3 lines throughout the whole film, 2 of which you won't understand if you don't speak French.

And yeah, that's a really nice poster.

a-p a. niemi 04.10.2011 06:05 AM

noisereductions 04.10.2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

I haven't even seen Intruder yet. It looks like a lot of fun though. Nice cast especially, how often are the Raimis and Bruce Campbell in the film?

I won't ruin anything for you. But see it. It's a brilliant slasher.

The Earl Of Slander 04.10.2011 05:35 PM

Turns out that, yes, it really is worth it. Fucking astounding. At 7 hours with only 150 or shots in the whole thing, I would gladly watch it again soon, which tells you that I found something special in it.

tw2113 04.10.2011 06:39 PM

The Source Code
4/10

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.11.2011 03:40 AM

a-p a. niemi 04.11.2011 01:29 PM

!@#$%! 04.11.2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinnikpasswordforgetter
were does this type of film lead us? are we in the beginnings of a new anarchic era were this kind of violence becomes part of the media spectacle? we already saw the hanging of saddam hussien, and with phone cameras becoming ubiquitous, its impossible there won't be more snuff and violence enacted solely for the camera.

that kind of statement has been done before-- cannibal holocaust came out in the 80s i think. then there was that movie where cronenberg makes a cameo, what's it called, the van zant movie w/ nicole kidman-- to die for-- in the 90s-- complete with TV-related speech. or, what's the one w/ sonic youth, the french one-- demonlover. or videodrome-- "we gotta become tough, patrón". way before all that shit there was mondo cane.

anyway if you for some incomprehensible reason require further confirmation that people are utter shit cut through the poetics of staged bullshit and go directly to see "rape in the congo". it's a fucking documentary. have a puke bucket ready. best wishes.

Pelle 04.11.2011 05:04 PM

In speaking of movies, does anybody know when and where you can buy/see Simon Werner a Disparu on dvd?
I want to see it

thanks in advance! :)

Frosty 04.11.2011 05:20 PM

Johnny Cash in..... The Pride of Jesse Hallam (made for TV movie)

!@#$%! 04.11.2011 06:53 PM

almost forgot to mention, i watched this last night:

unusual film. fell asleep twice but i still liked it a lot. thanks, abed!

Sonic Youth 37 04.11.2011 09:05 PM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.12.2011 01:30 AM

^ Haxan is really cool. I liked it a whole lot.

a-p a. niemi 04.12.2011 04:53 AM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.12.2011 05:46 AM

GEORGE KUCHAR'S BUTTER BALLS

INGENIOUS STUFF

I LOVED IT

I WISH I HAD BETTER SCREENS TO POST

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.12.2011 10:17 AM

Pelle 04.12.2011 10:51 AM

noisereductions 04.12.2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

love the shit out of this. Love it so hard. Hate everything else he directed. But love this for real.