Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

vulva 04.16.2011 07:27 PM

dogtooth, kinda boring

EVOLghost 04.16.2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulva
dogtooth, kinda boring

really? I recently saw the trailer and have been wanting to see it

deflinus 04.16.2011 10:46 PM

i really don't know what to think of the movie.
i admired it's creative story (even though it's another super hero movie).
reminds me a lot of Observe and Report.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.17.2011 05:27 AM

Nicolas Cage arrested on suspicion of domestic abuse and public drunkenness

Oscar-winning actor Cage taken into custody in New Orleans after allegedly grabbing his wife and damaging parked cars

•  
    Nicolas Cage, in a mugshot taken after his arrest on suspicion of domestic abuse. Photograph: Ho/Reuters

Actor Nicolas Cage has been arrested on suspicion of domestic abuse after an allegedly drunken altercation with his wife. The Oscar-winning actor was taken into custody in New Orleans on Friday after he was said to have grabbed his wife, Alice Kim, and damaged parked cars during an argument about where they were staying in the city.
    Cage, 47, was booked on suspicion of domestic-abuse battery, disturbing the peace and public drunkenness, said New Orleans police spokesman Gary Floyd. "[They] were standing in front of a residence that he insisted was the property the couple was renting," said Floyd. "She disagreed and Cage grabbed her by the upper arm and pulled her to what he believed was the correct address."
    He is then alleged to have begun striking cars. "An officer… observed that Cage was heavily intoxicated." There were no visible injuries to Cage's wife and the actor was later released on bail.

a-p a. niemi 04.17.2011 05:33 AM

a-p a. niemi 04.17.2011 07:50 AM

a-p a. niemi 04.17.2011 12:06 PM

!@#$%! 04.17.2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-p a. niemi

wait-- isn't that ACE IN THE HOLE?????????

a-p a. niemi 04.17.2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
wait-- isn't that ACE IN THE HOLE?????????

it's the same thing. from Wikipedia: Without consulting Wilder, Paramount Pictures executive Y. Frank Freeman changed the title to The Big Carnival just prior to its release. Early television broadcasts retained that title, but when aired by Turner Classic Movies -- and when released on DVD by The Criterion Collection in July 2007—it reverted to Ace in the Hole.

just watched:

me. 04.17.2011 04:26 PM

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives

noisereductions 04.17.2011 09:17 PM

Scream 4 - fucking brilliant

Joe, I looked for you in the party, but didn't find you. :(

LifeDistortion 04.17.2011 11:08 PM

"You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger"

atsonicpark 04.18.2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me.

^ 10/10

I last watched DON'T PLAY WITH ME PT 2 , a found footage collage with kung fu and blaxsploitation and just weird shit.

!@#$%! 04.18.2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

it's the same thing. from Wikipedia: Without consulting Wilder, Paramount Pictures executive Y. Frank Freeman changed the title to The Big Carnival just prior to its release. Early television broadcasts retained that title, but when aired by Turner Classic Movies -- and when released on DVD by The Criterion Collection in July 2007—it reverted to Ace in the Hole.

haaa haa haaa-- i used to live very near to where that was shot

i hope you watched the criterion dvd-- looks like you didn't-- but it's a great fucking movie-- well it appeals to me because i feel a lot like that new yorker about new mexico--

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.18.2011 02:10 PM

I still really like this movie. Sam Raimi's style is very apparent throughout, and works wonders with the moments of tension and comic relief. So what if some of the CGI looks a little silly, they modified the Green Goblin costume, and ditched Spidey's webshooters. The film just works, and is a wonderful gel between a talented director and amazing source material.

a-p a. niemi 04.18.2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
haaa haa haaa-- i used to live very near to where that was shot

i hope you watched the criterion dvd-- looks like you didn't-- but it's a great fucking movie-- well it appeals to me because i feel a lot like that new yorker about new mexico--

didn't watch the criterion dvd, YLE Teema showed it. it was a fine film.

just saw Gun Crazy at my local cinema:

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.18.2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Scream 4 - fucking brilliant

Joe, I looked for you in the party, but didn't find you. :(

I was in the hallway a few times in the first high school scene. They chopped a lot of footage we shot of the party scene out. I wasn't anywhere near the final cut of that scene.

But yeah. Wasn't Hayden a dream?

noisereductions 04.18.2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I was in the hallway a few times in the first high school scene. They chopped a lot of footage we shot of the party scene out. I wasn't anywhere near the final cut of that scene.

But yeah. Wasn't Hayden a dream?

awe man, I wasnt looking for you in the school scenes!! Anyway, yeah she was great. (Was it the part where she lists remakes?) But honestly, everyone was great. And OMFG -- Kristen Bell and Anna Paquin. Loved it. It realy really was incredible.

washer 04.18.2011 04:46 PM

This is just... genius. Johnny is my new favourite film character ever.

ilduclo 04.18.2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

just watched:

I thought this one was full on magnificent!