Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

Ghostchase 06.09.2011 06:33 PM

I was in a French mood. Re-watched La Femme Nikita, one of my all time favourites, easy. La Belle Personne was a pleasant surprise, drama but drama done right.

keep poppin pimples 06.10.2011 08:36 PM

kasaba-7/10

alteredcourse 06.10.2011 09:00 PM

GREAT picture.

keep poppin pimples 06.10.2011 09:36 PM

capped it myself, as soon as i saw the scene i knew it was classic

Pelle 06.11.2011 11:48 AM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.11.2011 07:06 PM

A friend forced me to watch this, and let me tell you - it was torturous.

First of all, the writing is beyond shit. You'll be cringing throughout the entire film if you dare expose yourself to it's cinematic fluids. Second of all, the directing/art direction is an abysmal reprise of everything that was so popular about Pulp Fiction and Natural Born Killers (both released 1 year prior to the Doom Generation), except covered in a gallon of diarrhea. Enjoy watching that, I dare you.

However, Rose McGowan was looking superb as usual. It was nice seeing all of her curves and unmentionables at various points throughout the film. She was the one saving grace of the film.

Not really good, not necessarily bad. Not much really happens, honestly. I watched this because I'm obsessed with sugary breakfast cereals, and would love to do things I dare not say on SYG to Zooey Deschannel. Oh yeah and Christopher Lloyd is in this too.

I don't wanna shit on it completely, but it was painfully mediocre in every way imaginable. The random bits of cereal trivia, cool retro cereal boxes, the occasional chuckle, and a Zooey Deschannel foot massage scene saved this from being a complete waste of time.

Pelle 06.11.2011 08:02 PM

Paranormal Activity 2

Better than the first one, but still boooring..

demonrail666 06.12.2011 05:25 PM

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (5/10)

There's nothing really good, or even noteworthy about this movie but I somehow always manage to quite enjoy it. One of the better super hero tie ins for me, if only because it never takes itself too seriously. As with the first one, Michael Chiklis's The Thing pretty much steals the movie.

demonrail666 06.12.2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Hahaha. I watched that in the exact same situation and felt exactly the same. Near Death Proof levels of annoying.

alteredcourse 06.12.2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

First of all, the writing is beyond shit. You'll be cringing throughout the entire film if you dare expose yourself to it's cinematic fluids. Second of all, the directing/art direction is an abysmal reprise of everything that was so popular about Pulp Fiction and Natural Born Killers (both released 1 year prior to the Doom Generation), except covered in a gallon of diarrhea. Enjoy watching that, I dare you.

However, Rose McGowan was looking superb as usual. It was nice seeing all of her curves and unmentionables at various points throughout the film. She was the one saving grace of the film.

Everything you say is true, but I still love it and love gregg araki. that doom trilogy is a total over the top nostalgia piece for me.

LifeDistortion 06.12.2011 09:12 PM

LifeDistortion 06.12.2011 09:38 PM

The Doom Generation is definately cheesy but damn Rose has never looked hotter

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.14.2011 02:07 PM

truncated 06.14.2011 03:47 PM

And now, for an injection of commonality:

And I found it highly entertaining.

Savage Clone 06.14.2011 04:07 PM

And you called my Amphlett pun cringeworthy....

GeneticKiss 06.15.2011 01:31 AM

The Limits of Control

7/10

I saw the tail end of this some time back, and was intrigued enough that I made a note to myself to check it out if it was ever on again, to see if it made more sense as a whole. Well, it was on again, and yeah, it made more sense but still left you in the dark as to the motive behind this man's journey/mission/assignment. But I suppose it's not really as important WHY he's doing it as much as it is that he's doing it. Since you're with the main character nearly the whole time and every other characters' only real purpose seems to be in guiding him to his "target", it gives the film a very linear feel. I liked how at the end, he changes into a completely different outfit, showing either he's free of the "control" his employer had over him, or that the "Lone Man" is as much a character to the Lone Man himself as he is to the audience. I guess I'd watch it again, but only if I'm in the mood for something slow. Maybe I'm just not experienced with minimalist films. It had a cool soundtrack, though (Boris is heavily featured).

demonrail666 06.15.2011 07:37 AM

Out of the Blue (8/10)

This should be pretty cringeworthy but really is a great film. A decent shout for the best punk-associated/influenced film ever. Atsonic's a big fan I think.

TheDom 06.15.2011 05:17 PM

Rubber - 8/10

LifeDistortion 06.16.2011 02:51 AM

Kaboom A weird combination of sci-fi and sex comedy.

cagedbird 06.17.2011 02:14 PM