Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

noisereductions 10.01.2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle
Ahh alright!

btw, u like Troma-team movies?

depends.

I went thru a pretty serious phase. Read both of Lloyd's books, etc. Saw tons of them. But I can't say I've kept up in the past oh 7 yrs or so. There's some I love though.

Pelle 10.01.2011 08:05 PM

Okey, well havent read any books, but I love the movies. :)

noisereductions 10.01.2011 08:11 PM

some favorites:

Toxic Avenger
Citizen Toxie
Terror Firmer
Tromeo & Juliet
Teenage Catgirls In Heat
Monster In The Closet
Class of Nukem High
Bloodsucking Freaks
Graduation Day

( I know some of those are just distributed by Troma, not made by Troma)

Pelle 10.01.2011 08:26 PM

Bloodsucking freaks?? Didn't know that one was a troma :P
or maybe that one is just distributed as you mentioned ?

But yeah, Terror-firmer is awesome.
And oh, a fun thing about Tromeo and Juliet, Merle Allin (brother of GG) is in that movie in the background during a police-station scene, hehe.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.01.2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
some favorites:

Toxic Avenger
Citizen Toxie
Terror Firmer
Tromeo & Juliet
Teenage Catgirls In Heat
Monster In The Closet
Class of Nukem High
Bloodsucking Freaks
Graduation Day

( I know some of those are just distributed by Troma, not made by Troma)

I've seen all these apart from Teenage Catgirls in Heat.

Will work on that one. Meeeow.

noisereductions 10.01.2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelle
Bloodsucking freaks?? Didn't know that one was a troma :P
or maybe that one is just distributed as you mentioned ?

But yeah, Terror-firmer is awesome.
And oh, a fun thing about Tromeo and Juliet, Merle Allin (brother of GG) is in that movie in the background during a police-station scene, hehe.

Bloodsucking Freaks is just distributed. Originally it had a different title. Lloyd just picked up Joel M Reed's flick and retitled it for later release. Still. A must own. I prefer it to Wizard Of Gore personally. It's a total ripoff, but I fucking love it. Wizard of Gore doesn't have Ralphus.

BTW, the remake of Wizard of Gore is fucking great. You guys see that? With teh suicide girls and Crispin Glover and that dude from Rules of Attraction? Actually a great remake. They really got the movie. Awesome flcik.

Terror Firmer is amazing. Probably my favorite Troma movie. It's basiclly the "so yr new to Troma eh? Well THIS is Troma" movie. Get the unrated one. :)

noisereductions 10.01.2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I've seen all these apart from Teenage Catgirls in Heat.

Will work on that one. Meeeow.

Teenage Catgirls sucks. But it's hilarious.

LifeDistortion 10.02.2011 01:18 AM

"Hesher"-Enjoyed the movie. Strikes some odd tones.

!@#$%! 10.02.2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer99

8/10

this actually took a few watches for me to give it that rating. I just.. think the book was MUCH better. Ballard did a great job at making the characters almost identical to the vehicles they were sexually infatuated with. Still one of the better cronenberg films I've seen.

oh fuck this movie is great. never read the book though. is the thing about dogs looking like their masters important? i think it's an old joke that needn't replay on the screen so trust cronenberg to use a book but not recreate it if it doesn't work on screen.

sonic sphere 10.02.2011 06:40 AM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.02.2011 10:18 AM

I've had a Netflix copy of Crash sitting around my pad for over a month now. I really wanna see it, but keep forgetting that I have it available.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.02.2011 11:46 AM

I don't even think it'd be possible to do a literal film interpretation of Naked Lunch. Cronenberg's approach was in extremely good taste.

!@#$%! 10.02.2011 12:11 PM

cronenberg's film was about burroughs writing naked lunch, it wasn't naked lunch proper, not at all.

naked lunch the book wouldn't make sense as a movie at all. it would have to be the most deranged tv series in history. maybe they'll make it in 2037.

keep poppin pimples 10.02.2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-p a. niemi

did you happen to get it online and with english subs? because i've only ever seen unsubbed ones on torrents and would like to see it

sonic sphere 10.03.2011 06:54 AM

Pelle 10.04.2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I havent BECAUSE I never picked up 2. I have 3, but don't want to watch it before 2. But Brain Damage, Basketcase and Frankenhooker are absolutely perfect movies in my book.

Heyy, I just watched Basket Case 2..

I mean, wow, that was quite odd...
They've kinda ruined everything in a funny/cool way...see it dude.

noisereductions 10.04.2011 07:41 PM

yeah I heard 3 is nothing like the first...

Pelle 10.05.2011 04:47 PM

Watched the 3rd today..

I like em all, but I think that 2 and 3 should have been going under another name, that way it the first one would stay great and the other ones could be classics! 2 and 3 were more like comedy to me..but really dig em though!

!@#$%! 10.05.2011 05:25 PM

thanks to this thread & the crash/cronenberg/naked lunch convo i watched

it was unexpectedly fucking nice

noisereductions 10.07.2011 07:20 AM

my wife picked up Scre4m last night, so we're gonna watch it again tonight. So excited. Such a great movie.

@JOE did you get it? Ther'es a pic of the movie scene on the back of the box with a couple little blurry heads. I feel like one of them could be you. But I could just be squinting and wanting it to be you y'know?