Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

!@#$%! 10.07.2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer99
anyone here seen buffalo 66?

of course.

spanning time... spanning time...

watch it. it's good.

Count Mecha 10.07.2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

anyone here seen buffalo 66?

What'd you say you fucking faggot?!

Yeah, that movie is incredible. I always wanted to see Gallo's other movie Brown Bunny. Has a blowjob in it best I recall, don't know if that's a selling point or not.

If I saw this movie when I was fourteen it probably would've been one of my favorite movies ever. I always really liked those high concept set in one place kind of movies but always got annoyed when they'd take you out of that moment by having the character go through some extended flashback (like in Sorry, Wrong Number). But this one, yeah, keeps you in the coffin the entire time. Must've been a really daunting task trying to film that, but they did that pretty well, enough that it didn't feel samey at least. It's kind of a bleak and grim movie. And probably just alright at best, certainly worth the single viewing at least. Depending on how much you like Ryan Reynolds, because he's the entire movie.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.07.2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
my wife picked up Scre4m last night, so we're gonna watch it again tonight. So excited. Such a great movie.

@JOE did you get it? Ther'es a pic of the movie scene on the back of the box with a couple little blurry heads. I feel like one of them could be you. But I could just be squinting and wanting it to be you y'know?

Nope. Not yet. Could be.

Count Mecha 10.07.2011 06:47 PM

Haha, it is. When he's trying to take a piss in that dance school and that guy keeps looking at his dick.

Speaking of Vincent Gallo movies, there's this movie I keep browsing over on netflix he's in called Stranded, been meaning to see that. Vincent Gallo in a science fiction film. Strange.

keep poppin pimples 10.07.2011 10:25 PM

haven't seen many films with vincent gallo but he's awesome in arizona dream

"frank sinatra was from hoboken, new jersey"

Count Mecha 10.08.2011 05:18 AM

Yeah, he tends to be the best part of the film he's in seems to me. He's great in Palookaville.

noisereductions 10.08.2011 09:33 AM

still awesome. Joe you need to get it and then tell me where I can see you in it.

in the theater, I hated this movie. But I just watched the Director's Cut and it turns out Zombie had a whole different vision. The unrated version is like seeing a whole new movie. I actually thought it was really great in this form, so I urge anyone who dismissed the theatrical cut to give this version a go.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.08.2011 10:30 AM

Adam Cooley's Currently Untitled

Popped my DVD in a few nights ago, and forgot to post about it here. I'd still give this flick a solid 8/10.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.10.2011 01:20 AM

Mmmmm...

LifeDistortion 10.10.2011 02:20 AM

That's a great poster. I saw "Thor" this weekend, mostly for "The Avengers" refferences.

Pelle 10.10.2011 07:05 AM

The great Train robbery (1903).

Torn Curtain 10.10.2011 03:43 PM

District 9

I'm not sure what to think of it, I think I liked it.

Ghostchase 10.10.2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Speaking of Vincent Gallo movies, there's this movie I keep browsing over on netflix he's in called Stranded, been meaning to see that. Vincent Gallo in a science fiction film. Strange.

Yeah, it's decent, has some bad acting though, an interesting watch non the less.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.10.2011 06:04 PM

A friend of mine recommended that I check out the following films...

Magnolia

The Conformist

and

The Color of Pomegranates

IF ANYONE HERE HAS SEEN ANY OF THESE, I'D LOVE TO GET SOME SYG OPINIONS ON THESE BEFORE I DIVE IN. THNX GUIZ.

Pelle 10.11.2011 05:19 AM

Quote:

Made in USA

Never actually seen that one. Just know that SY's music is amazing on it cause I have the LP.:o

How is it?

batreleaser 10.11.2011 07:34 PM

Just watched "Midnight Cowboy". I had never seen it before. I kind of loved it. It was super sad, but sort of beautiful as well.

sonic sphere 10.12.2011 07:59 AM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.12.2011 08:58 AM

Kevin Smith's horror film.

7/10

Kudos to John Goodman, what a true talent.

noisereductions 10.12.2011 09:18 AM

so it's good? Hmm.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 10.12.2011 08:12 PM

Man, this one is just as top-notch, and rewatchable as the films it pays homage to.

I'm DYING to see Ti West's the Innkeepers!