Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

nicfit 03.08.2008 03:21 PM

fish+vagina in the same post makes me wanna puke.
gha ga hah ahahaa.
I had a nice drummer too.
good times.
btw, lovely pics fugazifan!
(news about the album?)

fugazifan 03.08.2008 05:40 PM

i was just thinking about that, i was goiing to give you all the paypal info, but then i thought about something. next week we have a show and a friend of mine that studies sound is going to be recording it, and then a week afterwards we go into the studio to record a live demo for one of his school prejects. so i thought maybe about waiting a few weeks then for anybody that buys directly from the band will also get a 3 song demo of new song as a bonus. i have yet to discuss this with the band, but if they are cool would you be interested/ willing to wait/ not forget about us?

fugazifan 03.08.2008 07:09 PM

Cantankerous 03.08.2008 09:07 PM

i have that guitar!

ZEROpumpkins 03.08.2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan

:D Looks like it turns into a sitar halfway down.

EMMAh 03.09.2008 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku

Nice tub you got there.

gmku 03.09.2008 02:27 PM

Ha, yeah, one of those jacuzzi kind. I haven't used it (in the way it's supposed to be used--it makes a convenient way to get a full-mirror view, though) since last fall because of the "drought contingency" status in our water district. Filling up a full tub to sit in a bunch of massaging bubbles seems like a supremely obscene luxury these days. Seriously.

Which is not to say I don't bathe!

gmku 03.09.2008 02:55 PM

I'm thinking of using that photo self-portrait as the basis of a painting, btw.

dionysusundone 03.09.2008 11:34 PM

Hello self, this is what you look like.

Kina 03.09.2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
1990-1994
rob instigator, doc martens, drawings and writing all over my pants/shorts/shoes, longish hair matted all crazy, not dreads, but something far more unkempt, shaved on sides and back, beard...
I looked a LOT like John Curley from the afghan whigs.
(on the very left)

so much so that when the whigs played at U of H and I was on student program board and set up the gig, I got to meet them and shook his hand and it was honestly like looking in a mirror. weird stuff for him and me

You're actually the person on the left? Long hair made your face shape look totally different or something, I would never have picked that that was you. By the way, at least you have one photo from that time unlike me hehe

fugazifan 03.10.2008 12:12 AM

i thats a photo of thw afgan whigs and he was saying that he looked like the guy on the left...

Kina 03.10.2008 12:16 AM

ah i see, I just assumed it was him cause of the thread and must've misread the message, at least it explains why it looks nothing like him haha

Kina 03.10.2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dionysusundone

Hello self, this is what you look like.

hello, watch out for the freaky looking toys behind you!

drrrtyboots 03.10.2008 05:51 AM

My friend and I coming home home from a Vermont trip over the weekend. Note the awesome SY t-shirt.

nicfit 03.10.2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
i have yet to discuss this with the band, but if they are cool would you be interested/ willing to wait/ not forget about us?

that would be pretty cool :D. no problem at all in "waiting" a bit more, I mainly asked coz I was curious to know if something went wrong with the release..

floatingslowly 03.10.2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots

I had no idea that you were such a smoking hot chick.

that guy appears to be up to no good though.

iskandertime 03.10.2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrrtyboots

My friend and I coming home home from a Vermont trip over the weekend. Note the awesome SY t-shirt.

I like the hat-swapping action

!@#$%! 03.10.2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iskandertime
I like the hat-swapping action

how tin the world of fuck do you notice that shit??

i saw that photo like 5 times & all i noticed was faces.

i'm an underdeveloped monkey is my guess.

iskandertime 03.10.2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
how tin the world of fuck do you notice that shit??

i saw that photo like 5 times & all i noticed was faces.

i'm an underdeveloped monkey is my guess.

I think you were lost in her eyes (or his eyes, I don't know. [nice eyes though])

!@#$%! 03.10.2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iskandertime
I think you were lost in her eyes (or his eyes, I don't know. [nice eyes though])

looking back at the contents of my barely-subconscious at the time of the observations, i recall the fur hat on the chick brought to mind "russian spy"; the dude, i vaguely noticed some fuzz, i must have thought, "messy hair, whaREVA".

that girl sure is lovely in photo #2.

i wanna be a secret agent.