Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

noisereductions 11.08.2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by to.w
Martin (the main character) is really fucked up, and he is extremely violent. Plus, he's not a surgeon... his surgical materials are hammers, saws, stapler, etc...
The first one was more like a joke compared to this one...

the first literally felt like a joke, yr right. It was just like a fun homage to mad scientist ridiculousness horror.

LifeDistortion 11.10.2011 04:41 AM

Secret Sunshine Really liked it. Good movie about loss and a woman trying to deal with it after her son is kidnapped.

Ghostchase 11.10.2011 10:36 PM

Wow, great interviews from the whole no wave gang, Martin Rev, Branca, Thurston, Lee, Lydia, Arto, Sclavunos, and Thrilwell.. oh damn.. I forgot Michael Gira! The no wave scene was short and sweet but turned out to be such vital scene for the music most of us to have come to adore music without borders and cliche pop sensibilities. I loved the scenes when they talk about The Strokes, how all the New York artists hadn't even heard of them when being constantly asked if heard about this "new" and "upcoming" band from New York. Good laughs! I think the doc could've done without the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and A.R.E. Weapons being interviewed, Karen with varied verbal selection of "ummm" ... "ahhhh" ... "we want to be the biggest band in the world". As for A.R.E. Weapons those fools with their major shit talking and for not being very impressive themselves, they should keep their mouths shut. GIVE ME MORE LYDIA LUNCH! I'd love for her to ravage my body anyway of the week. Funny how Thirlwell stated "I'd be surprised if you didn't hear Yeah Yeah Yeahs in an AT&T commercial before their albums comes out". And then Spike Jones and Karen O direct a video for Foetus. Loved the Liars live footage and Black Dice.

noisereductions 11.10.2011 10:38 PM

Kill Yr Idols could be a drinking game. Drink everytime Karen O says "like."

Ghostchase 11.10.2011 10:40 PM

Exactly.

Ghostchase 11.10.2011 10:50 PM

I think it did not need the juxtaposition from the old and new New York scenes, just make it 2 hours longer with only Martin Rev, Gira, Branca, Thurston, Lee, Lydia, Arto, Sclavunos, and Thrilwell talking the good ol' days. I hung on every word that came out of their mouths. I was surpassed with Gira's tone of voice, I always envisioned a more raspy Tom Waits-like sounds to come out of his mouth.

DemonBox 11.11.2011 09:36 AM

Upside Down: The Creation Records Story (2010)

Decent, but too much Oasis.

tesla69 11.11.2011 11:38 AM

The Expendables 2011 version, fine action movie, all plot, no HBO drama

sonic sphere 11.14.2011 07:09 AM

Ghostchase 11.15.2011 10:45 PM

Hey, whatever happen to atsonicpark?

I can finally say that I have watched Fellini's 8½! Loved every minute of it! Went on a bit of a Criterion binge after finding out my University had a few to burrow.

Seriously, Marcello Mastroianni is the coolest motherfucker.

Will go down as of my favourite films, relaxing, iconic, and Monica Vitti... *faints*
I could lounge about all day long watching these kind of Italian dramas.

I live for Kurosawa. I live for Mifune.

dyeysi 11.16.2011 06:43 AM

my girlfriend and i watched "Hesher" last night.

tesla69 11.16.2011 09:14 AM

Batman Superman APOKALYPSE

Pelle 11.16.2011 10:25 AM

I feel like hanging myself...

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.16.2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murmer99
Meet the Feebles 8/10

That's a really high score for Meet the Feebles. I wasn't all too impressed, honestly. I wanted to love it, I just couldn't.

At least it wasn't anywhere near as lackluster as Jackson's Bad Taste....

Still love Dead Alive though.

sonic sphere 11.17.2011 11:54 AM

Ghostchase 11.19.2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

@Ghostchase 8 1/2 is one of my favorites. Fellini's most surreal masterpiece. I was actually watching Nights of Cabiria earlier today which is one of the better films I've seen by him. I loved how the ending was depressing for some reason... it builds up by making you think something ominous is going to happen to cabiria, and just ends with that bleak atmosphere. I should watch La Strada.

Nights of Cabiria? Will have to watch! I was thinking Fellini's La Dolce Vita next, the man was a true visionary of film.

Huge fan of Jim's work, I throughly enjoy every second of his films. Tom Waits, brilliant. John Lurie, and Bob! Good times! Can't wait to watch Stranger Than Paradise and Mystery Train... and The Limits of Control!

keep poppin pimples 11.19.2011 03:28 PM

The burning: 5/10

LifeDistortion 11.20.2011 08:16 PM

Tree of Life I think I enjoyed if overall. Still contemplating my views though.

sonic sphere 11.23.2011 07:59 AM

fugazifan 11.23.2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

how is this? ive been meaning to see some bresson and this was on my list.