Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mighty Football Thread (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=15453)

demonrail666 06.14.2012 01:37 PM

Yeah, they definitely seemed to lose focus in the 2nd half. I think the jury has to remain out on Italy. The played really well against Spain but that's more like a derby game so hard to judge form, and one decent half against Croatia. Marchisio looks impressive in midfield but they do seem to have trouble converting chances.

jon boy 06.14.2012 02:03 PM

from what i see so far its going to be spain and germany in the final. it would be nice if it wasnt always so predictable.

Bertrand 06.14.2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfeatencake
hehe

That action summed the difference between the two teams.
No goal, but more damageable than Silva's goal against Ireland tonight.

Those Irish supporters...
They should qualify and win it...

!@#$%! 06.14.2012 05:01 PM

[quote=Bertrand
They should qualify and win it...[/quote]

holy shit, was it them singing that sad sad fucking chant at the end of the game? it made the spaniards not want to score more goals i think. it was sad but awesome.

demonrail666 06.14.2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Peeved about the rumors of Moyes' exit to Tottenham. I've a feeling that Martinez will be more likely. We'll see. BUT if he did go then god knows who we could get to replace him.

AND if he did go you can bet your bottom dollar that (if they don't go now) Fellaini, Baines, Jelavic will go.

I'm a bit bemused about this whole cult of Martinez thing. He kept a team in the Prem by a whisker, arguably due more to Victor Moses hitting some form than anything he did. From speculation about being sacked from Wigan to being in the frame for jobs at Liverpool and Spurs, I'm not saying Martinez is a bad manager but his sudden in-demand status does seem a bit odd.

demonrail666 06.14.2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand
They should qualify and win it...

Probably, but it shouldn't distract from how awful Ireland were tonight. Even against a top side I was hoping for a bit more from them - especially when, despite what the scoreline might suggest, Spain really weren't that great (maybe because they quickly realised they didn't need to be). You know you're in trouble when even Torres is able to score twice against you.

!@#$%! 06.14.2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
You know you're in trouble when even Torres is able to score twice against you.

haa haaa haaa

yeah i wasn't impressed by spain in spite of the 4 goals (4!).

jon boy 06.14.2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

I'm a bit bemused about this whole cult of Martinez thing. He kept a team in the Prem by a whisker, arguably due more to Victor Moses hitting some form than anything he did. From speculation about being sacked from Wigan to being in the frame for jobs at Liverpool and Spurs, I'm not saying Martinez is a bad manager but his sudden in-demand status does seem a bit odd.

he should be perfect for spurs then, they always under achieve and seem to believe they deserve something more when they are just average.

jon boy 06.14.2012 07:01 PM

i hear that west ham will sack sam allerdice and bring in redknapp.

demonrail666 06.15.2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
he should be perfect for spurs then, they always under achieve and seem to believe they deserve something more when they are just average.

They're talking to AVB, apparently, and rumours that Levy's interested in Rafa Benitez and Jurgen Klinsmann (which would be doing the US national side a favour, at least) but I still think it'll be Moyes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i hear that west ham will sack sam allerdice and bring in redknapp.

Where did you hear that? Haha. There are a million (very good) reasons why that would never happen.

demonrail666 06.15.2012 01:24 AM

And why does the English media persist in its weird belief that English people should actually care that Ireland have gone out? No disrespect to Ireland but I doubt there were many of their fans cheering for England when we played France, and I don't expect there'll be many cheering for us tonight, and I'll bet Eamon Dunphy doesn't get on his high horse insisting they should.

jon boy 06.15.2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Where did you hear that? Haha. There are a million (very good) reasons why that would never happen.

a reliable source.

demonrail666 06.15.2012 03:36 AM

Of course, all this talk of replacements, Spurs fans must know that at least one man has almost definitely sent his CV to White Heart Lane ...

_slavo_ 06.15.2012 03:46 AM

Speaking of Spurs, one question comes to mind ..

which London teams' fans hate each other the most?

West Ham - Milwall?
West Ham - Tottenham?
Arsenal - Tottenham?

demonrail666 06.15.2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
West Ham - Milwall?

Without question.

SonicBebs 06.15.2012 11:30 AM

i think spurs hate arsenal alot more than arsenal hate spurs.

and west ham hate milwall alot more than they hate spurs

everyone hates milwall

and palace hate charlton, but not as much as we hate brighton

so west ham milwall it is

SonicBebs 06.15.2012 11:31 AM

rained suspended play!!!

i have the afternoon off work and everything!

!@#$%! 06.15.2012 11:57 AM

gonna start again they said. in a couple of minutes

demonrail666 06.15.2012 02:51 PM

Fantastic header from Carroll!!

!@#$%! 06.15.2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Fantastic header from Carroll!!

YES.

also-- i thought that france threw away scoring chances near the end. they'd kick the ball just for the hell of it! blam, to the fucking moon! i wanted a 3-0.

suprised to see benzema wake up as last game i thought he was a bit nowhere.

ribéry as usual AWESOME. and i don't understand why people don't like nasri-- okay, he wasn't as present as the last game but he's good and that free kick was pretty great even though he didn't score.

oh, teams coming back out.