Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Coronavirus (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=122193)

h8kurdt 03.18.2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

where is alanis, to sing something ridiculous about this

As an aside, I gotta say her new single is great. Eesh, feel dirty saying that.

The Soup Nazi 03.18.2020 01:17 AM

I'm reading an e-mail from my country's equivalent of an HMO:

"Self-care measures:

[...]

- Extremely avoid greeting others with handshakes, hugs or kisses"

It took ages and a zombie apocalypse, but finally the world realizes I've been right all along.

The Soup Nazi 03.18.2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
I wish i was a mega hot female like that. I have to settle on mega hot male.

Do you want to get paid 25% less?

!@#$%! 03.18.2020 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
As an aside, I gotta say her new single is great. Eesh, feel dirty saying that.

she’s still singing? lol i had no idea

not sure i wanna look for this though, honest :D

_tunic_ 03.18.2020 09:03 AM

Here's a graph of the amount of infected people per city in my province Brabant. Eindhoven where I live is still relatively OK even though it's a large city. Breda and Tilburg are quite bad. You can click on a line to filter, but it's a bit tricky to select some due to overlaps.
Still no TP at the supermarket if anyone can give (a link to) an explanation for the 3 shells option, I'm willing to give it a try ;-)

Something that I should have done ages ago, but now really handy: I bought a tiny freezer (30liter) so I can freeze bread and meat. And icecream!

ilduclo 03.18.2020 09:14 AM

I’m catching up on a bunch of reading, Nation and Harpers mags, then maybe onto the monster stacks of books I’ve amassed thru Xmas, birthdays, book sales, etc...got a great comfy chair out in the back 40, in the sun, birds serenading me.

My question, anyone (US) have plans for their Mitt bux?

!@#$%! 03.18.2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
my province Brabant.

say hi to genovefa! and give her some ice cream, poor girl :D

ilduclo 03.18.2020 09:22 AM

Running out of fresh veg already. But we have tree collards outside, had some for dinner last night with homemade green sauce, scrummy! Our local party is getting some folks to do shopping runs for others...not sure if I’ll do that yet, but sure not ready to do store runs again in a hurry. Cat fud supply is EXCELLENT!

ilduclo 03.18.2020 10:43 AM

Who all (US) has plans for their Mitt bucks? You can look on it as a way to spend your taxes yourself, rather than funding Israel or golf outings!

_tunic_ 03.18.2020 11:13 AM

6. buy toiletpaper

Which is what I did

!@#$%! 03.18.2020 11:21 AM

that is the best image in the history of the board

tw2113 03.18.2020 11:48 AM

buy food too or else you won't have any shit to shit and the toilet paper will last you years.

ilduclo 03.18.2020 12:21 PM

thinkin of buying back in......

talk me out of it?

Rob Instigator 03.18.2020 12:22 PM

i'm investing my mittbux/trumpobux in a cache of the stickiest icky and the most concentrated dab I can find.......

Rob Instigator 03.18.2020 12:24 PM

actually, best thing to do is likely take that money, wait until VISA stock bottoms out (any day now. It has dropped from 220/share to 141/share in like a week.), and buy as much VISA stock as you can. You wil probably double your investment by the winter....

shallow27 03.18.2020 12:38 PM

Well... things are going disastrous in my country with this fucking virus, I hope you and your loved ones are OK, greetings from the sad/sunny Spain.

!@#$%! 03.18.2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilduclo
thinkin of buying back in......

talk me out of it?

we haven’t yet seen the full effects of this and $2000 per person won’t bootstrap the economy just like dubya’s stimulus check or whatever that was called.

only possible solution would be something like andrew yang’s plan

h8kurdt 03.18.2020 12:43 PM

Schools are shutting here in sunny England. Buckle up, buckaroos it's gonna get bumpy.

!@#$%! 03.18.2020 01:57 PM

it took a plague to make me eat tofu again. i bought a box, i don’t know, 2 months ago? and was looking at it, and looking at it, but nothing, until today

finally ate it, in a stir fry, it was tasty cuz i hid the soy flavor the best i could (red peppers, shallots, coconut oil soy sauce, etc... forgot the bacon! tomorrow, with the other block)

for more on such things:
https://slate.com/business/2020/03/c...permarket.html

!@#$%! 03.18.2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
actually, best thing to do is likely take that money, wait until VISA stock bottoms out (any day now. It has dropped from 220/share to 141/share in like a week.), and buy as much VISA stock as you can. You wil probably double your investment by the winter....

that works with a big amount, but if you’re getting $1k, doubling that gets you another $1k and that’s it, whereas if you can get gear that can save you $200 a month, that’s $2400 year in, year out, for the rest of your life, plus tax free cuz “not spending” isn’t taxed (yet, lol)