Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I want to get beaten (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24584)

SYRFox 09.24.2008 03:22 PM

Haha I don't think it's even translatable in english or any language except french :D

al shabbray 09.24.2008 03:23 PM

gna does have a meaning?

I used that word for uncomfortable situations, something is just "gna" like "I dont want to/I dont like it"

SYRFox 09.24.2008 03:32 PM

Gnagnagna doesn't really have a meaning in french, it's just some kind of childish word, I don't know how I could explain it really...

al shabbray 09.24.2008 03:33 PM

okkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaayy

mil_pl 09.24.2008 03:34 PM

hey syrfox, have you changed headphones to yr ipod?
i mean to other mark? because they have no bass, and quality isn't that good.

SYRFox 09.24.2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl
hey syrfox, have you changed headphones to yr ipod?

Nope, I'm still using them more than a year after I bought my iPod. I find them really fine, a lot of people say that iPod's headphones have no basses at all but mine have huge basses :/ I find them good for the utilisation I make of them, I mean I don't need perfect headphones.
The fact that they still work a year after is great, before that I could not use headphones for more than four weeks before they would break

al shabbray 09.24.2008 03:37 PM

urks

mil_pl 09.24.2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
Nope, I'm still using them more than a year after I bought my iPod. I find them really fine, a lot of people say that iPod's headphones have no basses at all but mine have huge basses :/ I find them good for the utilisation I make of them, I mean I don't need perfect headphones.
The fact that they still work a year after is great, before that I could not use headphones for more than four weeks before they would break

mine doesn't have bass, and when i put in equalizer more bass, they crack a little :mad: maybe new ones are weaker... I remember sound from headphones my ex-girl, and it was much better. she had ipod one or two. so next expense is waiting for me ;/

SYRFox 09.24.2008 03:42 PM

Yeah maybe it depends of the generation of the iPod... i don't know, that's kind of strange :/

by the way,
off to bed now :) have a good night everybody, and see you later :)

mil_pl 09.24.2008 03:44 PM

I'm going to bed too now, good night mates.

al shabbray 09.24.2008 03:50 PM

good night both of you early-sleeper :)

mil_pl 09.25.2008 03:34 AM

early sleepers, and early wake-uppers :p
I just wanted to sleep longer, and i can't...
too many things on my head now...
and I'm fucking tired, and sleepy!

SYRFox 09.25.2008 03:36 AM

Hello! Just droppin' by to say hi, I'm going back to school RIGHT now. I have an english mathematics lesson at 11 (it's 10:30 here)

_slavo_ 09.25.2008 03:43 AM

I rocked hard yesterday.
srsly, my best gig so far, as far as my satisfaction goes.
only about 30 minutes (3 tracks + interludes) but it went well and sounded fine in the pub.
i even got paid for the gig!

mil_pl 09.25.2008 04:58 AM

congrats then slavo.
post some pics if you have

greedrex 09.25.2008 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al shabbray
gna?

there's also "ragnagna"
which is something else.
he.

SYRFox 09.25.2008 05:50 AM

Nice, slavo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
there's also "ragnagna"
which is something else.
he.

Very clever :D

al shabbray 09.25.2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I rocked hard yesterday.
srsly, my best gig so far, as far as my satisfaction goes.
only about 30 minutes (3 tracks + interludes) but it went well and sounded fine in the pub.
i even got paid for the gig!

really really cool, did you record it?

floatingslowly 09.25.2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mil_pl
mine doesn't have bass, and when i put in equalizer more bass, they crack a little :mad:

mine only do that if they've been in my pocket and get dirt inside of them. blowing air in them usually fixes that for me.

I have better sounding headphones, but nothing that I can fit inside my pocket.

lately, I've been using the iPhone headphones for everything. when used with the phone, it has a clicker that I can advance tracks / answer phone withough having to mess with the phone itself. supposedly, the new iPods are going to take advantage of this feature too.

mil_pl 09.25.2008 11:06 AM

but my are new ones, so you know..
which generation do you have ?