Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

deflinus 10.28.2012 11:02 PM

The Comedy

and nobody's even seen this fucking movie yet.
i thought it was well shot. it resonated with me in a disturbing way.

tim heidecker did a great job

Genteel Death 10.29.2012 02:11 PM

0/10

!@#$%! 10.29.2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
"Au Hasard Balthazar" made me weep a little in a theater. Don't tell anyone.

you should only make it a secret if you remained impervious to it, because that would mean you're a fucking sociopath. have no shame.

evollove 10.29.2012 02:51 PM

Oh, you know you would've beaten me up behind the theater.

By the way, PORKY'S II is nearly as good as "Au Hasard." PORKY'S II is a brilliant examination of a moment of aporia for a conjunctoral age-group, the moment when existential dread gives way to contrapuntal actions within a 50s diagesis--hardly as homologous as the cliche would have it. Criticize the hypogramic sheen, if you will, but please don't entirely dismiss the praxis deployed. A recuperative reading of said text would not be a waste of time.

Though there aren't nearly enough tits.

h8kurdt 10.29.2012 02:54 PM

PEOPLE I NEED YOUR HELP! Now this is very serious...what do I watch tonight should it be a)The Shining or b)Eraserhead OR c)Commando (forgive me for the last one).

!@#$%! 10.29.2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
PEOPLE I NEED YOUR HELP! Now this is very serious...what do I watch tonight should it be a)The Shining or b)Eraserhead OR c)Commando (forgive me for the last one).

if you have trouble sleeping eraserhead should definitely help.

otherwise, really tough call. have you seen all 3 already or will this be your first time?

!@#$%! 10.29.2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evollove
Oh, you know you would've beaten me up behind the theater.

i've only gotten bellicose with douchebags who take phone calls during the movie.

h8kurdt 10.29.2012 03:01 PM

Seen them all before. In my to watch pile is Belle De Jour and Sword Of Vengeance but I'm not in the mood for either of them two,

!@#$%! 10.29.2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Seen them all before. In my to watch pile is Belle De Jour and Sword Of Vengeance but I'm not in the mood for either of them two,

you're in no mood for LONE WOLF AND CUB???

daaaaamn. ito ogami rules. i'd watch that.

i have no idea then, really,

however, with halloween approaching, you might wanna go for the whole "horror" theme, just, you know, becuz, it's the only respectable holiday.

shining then?

h8kurdt 10.29.2012 03:20 PM

Yeah I've decided to go with the Shining*. And yes I know I know I just can't seem to muster the energy (if that's the right word) to watch the Sword Of Vengeance. I've the whole series but never bothered to watch them.

*guess it goes with the new docu. that's just come out about it.

!@#$%! 10.29.2012 10:19 PM

this was great and gory and sad and absurd and beautifully shot and everything. a perfect halloween movie.

i just hope no fucking turd decides to go and make and american version like they did w/ the dragon tattoo girl or insomnia. fuckers.

keep poppin pimples 10.29.2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

i just hope no fucking turd decides to go and make and american version like they did w/ the dragon tattoo girl or insomnia. fuckers.

i think you're probably joking but i'm kinda hoping you actually don't know there's already an american version

keep poppin pimples 10.29.2012 11:12 PM

some days are better than others (2010)- 8/10

love this depressing movie with carrie brownstein(plus corin tucker appearance) one of the characters works in the back at a big thrift(looks like vv) and another is a day labourer, i quit working at value village to work for a temp agency when i was twenty so this looked like my life. i had forgotten what it's like to get life advice handed down from douche bosses you met two minutes ago lol.

once upon a time in anatolia (2011)- 7/10
quiet city (2007)- 5/10

demonrail666 10.30.2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

this was great and gory and sad and absurd and beautifully shot and everything. a perfect halloween movie.

It's already happened, Let Me In, released a couple of years ago, where the action is moved to New Mexico. I haven't seen either, though, so I can't compare them.

Rob Instigator 10.30.2012 12:51 PM

Let the right one in rules. Awesome movie. Fuck the remake for illiterate americans that dont wanna read subtitles.

!@#$%! 10.30.2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
i think you're probably joking but i'm kinda hoping you actually don't know there's already an american version

i actually didn't know

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's already happened, Let Me In, released a couple of years ago, where the action is moved to New Mexico. I haven't seen either, though, so I can't compare them.

here the sun would fucking melt vampires in seconds. we don't get the long winter nights of sweden. who the fuck thought this up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Let the right one in rules. Awesome movie. Fuck the remake for illiterate americans that dont wanna read subtitles.

the blu-ray version actually had a DUBBED sountrack. how fucking weird is that. i reverted to the original immediately. gimme subtitles any time (except maybe for anime which can be better dubbed than live action shit.

but yes. AMERICA RUINS EVERYTHING IT TOUCHES. FUCK THE AMERICAN PUBLIC.

^^ disgraceful

h8kurdt 10.30.2012 01:04 PM

I've actually heard some good stuff about the remake and that's not meant to be that bad.

But yeah fuck the city of angels film.

!@#$%! 10.30.2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

I've actually heard some good stuff about the remake and that's not meant to be that bad.

i get it, but why can't the retard yahoo public just watch a fucking foreign movie and enjoy it? why does hollywood need to put its greasy filthy paws on it to make it "palatable"? they take a filet mignon and turn it into a fucking whopper. and a whopper can be nice every now and then, but fuck them for not eating anything else.

Quote:

yeah fuck the city of angels film.

that too.

h8kurdt 10.30.2012 01:43 PM

I remember I went to rent a film. I forget which one it was but it was a subtitled one. I go over to the counter to pay. The person serving said

"you this is a subtitled film right?"
"Yeah...people actually bring a film if it turns out it's subtitled?"
"Yeah that's why we have to make people know before they pay for it"

Jesus wept. I mean how retarded can you be to refuse to watch a film if it's in anything but English. R-tards.

demonrail666 10.30.2012 02:21 PM

I once worked in a cinema where we had to do the same thing. Depressing.